Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by articnova
Hi Francis I dont think Martin can post since hes racing but if youre refering to this

http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/g...erYokomo-1.jpg

No its Chris Grainger's car but hes unwell and has withdrawn from the euros

Thank you, This seems to be the best layout of all the different configurations i've seen...........
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

the main change is definatly not the chassi / topdeck or steering ^^
Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Are you talking about Grainger's car or yours? How was your car in the Euro Championship?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

we used the same car
he used a different topdeck than i did other than that there was no real difference
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

updated my blog

http://binahof.spaces.live.com
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
Great report
Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Fitting LiPo Batteries in BD

I have recently purchased two sets of Orion 3800 Lipo batteries and have noticed they won't fit in the BD, as the top deck is in the way of the connectors. I have looked back through this thread to see if anyone else has encountered similar problems, and noted that some people are using the Stick Pack Battery Holder (BD118PH). It has also been mentioned that Yokomo have brought out a specially designed LiPo tray, although I cannot find any part number or picture of this! It would be greatly appreciated if someone could clarify what part is needed to make the LiPo fit and the item no. if possible?

Many thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Dear Martin,

What exactly is the BD-3? A updated version of BDM or brand new BD? Will it realease to the market?

Notice a new upper deck, front & rear arms looked different, one piece steering bell crank.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rosey1990
I have recently purchased two sets of Orion 3800 Lipo batteries and have noticed they won't fit in the BD, as the top deck is in the way of the connectors. I have looked back through this thread to see if anyone else has encountered similar problems, and noted that some people are using the Stick Pack Battery Holder (BD118PH). It has also been mentioned that Yokomo have brought out a specially designed LiPo tray, although I cannot find any part number or picture of this! It would be greatly appreciated if someone could clarify what part is needed to make the LiPo fit and the item no. if possible?

Many thanks

I use a orion 3600 and had to grind down the bullet connector to clear the upperdeck. I'm not sure how much higher the 3800 is vs the 3600...

The stick pack holder secures lipos such as trackpower or checkpoint since those packs does not have the bumps on the bottom of the case and can be moved out a bit....

You can grind off the bottom of the lipo case so you can move the pack out by a few mm if you really need a quick fix...
Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

rosey1990,

I have been using the 3800 Ip Lipo with the Stick Pack Battery Holder (BD118PH). I removed the plastic battey holders. I also added a spacer about 1.5mm on top of the graphite holder, so that I could still use the graphite battery strap. This worked a treat. I also don not run the chassis stiffener post which allows the battery to sit in closer.

I will see if I have any pictures. The other method if you want to use trackpower 4900, etc is to get one of the bitty Lipo holders. I will post a picture when I receive mine.

BTW

With both of these holders you do not have to cut any part of the car.

Later

Calvin.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated! Don't particularly like the idea of grinding the bumps off the lipo pack in order for it to fit the stick pack holder tray, so I had another look at the LiPo in the car this morning! Took the plastic battery holder tray out and put the LiPo in as far to the edge of the chassis as possible (in the battery slots) and it appears as though I will just about be have enough room to put the bullet connector in without it hitting the top deck. If not, i'll just grind some of the connector! Although, not sure on how secure the battery is likely to be in an impact without the std tray! Caltek1, it would be great if you could post a picture of the LiPo tray when you get it. Don't suppose you have the part no. for this item so I can look into getting one?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've used the Orion 3200 in the BD. I didn't remove the bumps from the battery but I did remove the battery trays from the car. I found that I wired one of the terminals at a 90 degree angle and I would installe the wire into the battery then install the battery into the car. Never had an issue with it shorting out on the chassi or the battery moving. I did tape the battery in aswell as use the strap as an added precaution because the strap doesn't hold the battery totally secure and tape alone can rip.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Bitty design Lipo trays

rosey1990,

Find link to article on redrc.net that has these lipo trays. I know that the tray with the offset fits the BD. I am waiting for one to put in my car. It does overhang the chassis a little, but does not interfere with anything.

http://www.redrc.net/2008/05/bittyde...-battery-tray/

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wanted to share a ackerman/steering mod I done to my BDM, I did this mod to my 416 and EVO5MS and the steering is WOW. I've seen some guys go with the HPI castors, but I decide to go Xray2008. The corner speed and infield steering that the ray08 pretty much out performs most.....but I have open pandoras box. The BDM steering needed just alittle more inside wheel out throw for me to stay on the sweepers full throttle without pushing out...... and sneaky turn ins on the 180*.........YEAH BABY

This upgrade is about $40 bucks but it worth every penny.

First and Second Xray008 parts on the 06 BDM.

The thrid picture shows the huge gain in steering throw.

The forth picture shows the wheel closer towards the lower shock position middle.

note: your inside rim will sit close to the arm, 15* may need to be shave off depending on the rims your are running.

You will need 1/8 bit to shave the hole out for the Xray Front or Rear(P) hinge pin.

008 Castor 4* or 6* med
008 Steering
008 rear Hing Pins
008 steering Bushing $13

I've modded the CVD's Corally Steel bone and pins with Rayspeed axle.

You will have to use Yokomo Ball bearings in the Steering block, Yes your wheel block will sit back about .5 mm

aluminum Spool

Xray springs 2.8f and 2.6r
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dx3r-101.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dx3r-102.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dx3r-103.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dx3r-104.jpg  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I use a orion 3600 and had to grind down the bullet connector to clear the upperdeck. I'm not sure how much higher the 3800 is vs the 3600...

The stick pack holder secures lipos such as trackpower or checkpoint since those packs does not have the bumps on the bottom of the case and can be moved out a bit....

You can grind off the bottom of the lipo case so you can move the pack out by a few mm if you really need a quick fix...
Francis, i sent you a PM. thanks dude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.