Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

fingers crossed
Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Lets wait & see for the new Yok coming soon..

Do you guys remember any spy photos for the pre lauching of BD 3 yrs ago? Answer is, it never.. The BD just came out from nowhere. So expect the same this time...

Go to TITC web site for a look... Expect Masami race for the first time in Thailand for prepartion for the IFMAR next few weeks with a brand new BD or may be at least an updated BD.. This is the only IFMAR title Masami never win before, so expect a super fast & furious YOK this time..
Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Rookie

is this really serious?
Old 01-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

talking about breathin life into a tread

a while back i heard Masami was doing some mad tesing with new stuff. the drivetrain would be the same but everything else MAY be revised. but we''ll have to wait and see.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MARKANO
Do you guys remember any spy photos for the pre lauching of BD 3 yrs ago? Answer is, it never.. The BD just came out from nowhere. So expect the same this time...
exactly what i've been telling friends here locally. yokomo released a new kit (BD) the last time around without anyone having a clue that it was coming .... we were all running SDs and then .... SURPRISE! at the time i was on an rc sabatical and was anticipating the release of the first jrxs to make a come back into the hobby. BUT, out came the BD and my return was advanced by months becasue from out of nowhere came the BD and i just had to get my hands on it right away.

i really hope it makes its debut in TITC .... hopefully they will allow us to take snap shots of it. Grainger will be at the TITC as well .... he's could well be busy with testing as well.

lets just hope that this is really gonna happen! im keeping my fingers crossed thats for sure!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

i really hope it makes its debut in TITC
I am hoping it shows up as well, as I will be there and trying to get some photos of the Yok and the new Cyclone.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fastolfart
I am hoping it shows up as well, as I will be there and trying to get some photos of the Yok and the new Cyclone.
see you there! i'll be the guy with an mi3 from the Philippines.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait to see the first pics of the new car. My guess would be same drivetrain and over all layout with the biggest improvement in suspension geometry and steering geometry...
Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

where can i get a bottom chassis for carpet at?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do believe Demon Chassis makes a lower carpet...have to order from UK ....can't remember exactly which distributor...do a search on this thread and it should come up.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

see you there! i'll be the guy with an mi3 from the Philippines.
You will have to make friends with Luc from Australia, he will be running an Mi3 as well and will be quick. I am tossing up between my TOP, 416 and BD at the moment.
TOP, will have support from the factory guys
416, such a nice car and performing above expectations so far.
BD, what can I say, just keeps going faster every time I call on it.

P.S, I am also Australian
Old 01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default carpet chassis

i have a carpet 3mm chassis for a bd if interested.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi i decided to pay for 2nd hand bd cause ive always like yokomos and i have a few questions.

Ive been reading the thread and in some posts some people suggested using the old mr4tc chubs and steering blocks but then everyone said to use the hb ones but does anyone no if these will work as i have a old mr4tc custom in storage somewhere. I no that u only should use these will the cgm steering if you want more steering but im just wondering if they will fit as i could maybe use them as spares.

Also is the car 64dp? and how do i tell which wishbones i have as ive had a look and there is no markings so i dont no which ones so could someone tell me how to identify which is which.

Oh and then theres the usual which spares should i get? i will be racing indoors on carpet if that helps.

thanks
mike
Old 01-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I've never used the different hubs but i'm sure you can use the mr4 ones without cgm steering. you can fit 48 or 64dp to it, it's all universal.

wishbones. there are std and worlds front wishbones. stds have three holes to fit shock to and worlds have two and are shorter in length.

Spares are the usual, hubs/carriers, hinge pins and wishbones but thats about it. if you run anything but stock, get some spare driveshafts and diff bits if you intend on hitting things!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Drive shaft problems.

I have made some posts on the SD forum about this problem, but apparently the Yokomo team drivers look at this BD forum more often.

The car is an MR$-TC WCSP.

It has the blue aluminium driveshafts that do not last long (part number SD-010FW and RW). They require a spacer/collar to be fitted inside the hub carrier/steering block before the inboard bearing goes in.

I bought a set of Low Friction Universal Drive Shafts (SE-010 FC, the pre assembled drift ones). They fit okay (with the spacer/collar removed). The problem is that the wheel stud threads are not long enough and the nylon in the wheel nuts does not engage the thread, so the wheel nuts could shake loose.

I could use the hardened steel drive shafts (FH and RH) but they are pricey and difficult to source. I could also use the titamium drive shafts from the UK but they are even more pricey! Anyone got any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.