Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yup. Had a set of hard shafts on my BD....same deal, they got jammed in the hub bearings. Also, they seemed to sit too deep in the outdrive cups. I thought maybe I whacked a wall and mushroomed them or something but changed back to the standard shafts and no problem.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Fpart

thanks fpart
Setting the Yok up for carpet is a bit tricky but almost there.

Think I have found a way to reduce the flex on the BD since I'm using a 3mm top deck with less cutouts than the standard Yok top deck I measured out the a Xray T2 deck stand offs which is just a bit too long so sanded it down just a bit maybe 0.5 mm then dremel a hole on the top deck (the lower deck has a hole already countersunk behind the steering assembly). This reduced side to side flex quite a bit. I'm going to use another standoff around the motor area this should make this car uber stiff.

The car has a great amount of turn in at this point just need to place a 1 degree rear pivot block and it should be close.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Our new carpet is soon to open can't wait. YOKOMO BD is very good on carpet when you are running rubber tires. But it's tricky to setup on foams.

When I was running carpet before, I used the Hard chassis and a counter sunk washer on the top decks this will reduce some flex on the car.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default foam tire setup BD

i got this setup from yokomo i use the bd-002gh cassis,narrow font arm,s#sd-008hw,gt-4 brown spring font wit yok. 50 oil,gt-4 grey rear wit yok. 45 oil,#ys-1750,ys-1755. wit rayspeed #13 pistons. use 2mm spacer in font an back of rear arm,s an no spacer under rear susp mount. form tires are Dbl pink/Or fr.Dbl pink rear. the foam,s cut are to 56.25, i don,t run carpet that much so the first time i tryed it. it worked
Old 12-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Having great luck with the BD on foam tire carpet right now! Try the hard chassis and bomber top deck with graphite arms, it seems to work well. Jaco 26mm 2 stage tires will give you another 10th at least and no interference issues.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good weekend for Yokomo cars at the 2006 South Australian State Titles

Yokomo BD TQ & 1st, Sam Blight 19t.
Yokomo BD 2nd, Justin Summerill 19t (I think that was correct)
Yokomo BD TQ, Simon Irish (TGR!), Stock
Yokomo BD 1st Rhys Marshall (TGR!), 3rd Justin Summerill, Stock
Old 12-10-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
while there are three different part numbers, two of the chassis are basically the same, (no cut outs behind the front bumper on one) so you have a standard chassis and a "hard" chassis to chose from. for low traction i would say the standard chassis best.

ok, thanks alot sir.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

have a question... what's the difference between mounting the knuckle to the chub at the lower hole vs. the top hole?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Used to be a regular poster but haven't posted here for a while.

I still follow the RC scene closely and still run a Yoke BD, and am very pleased with it. In fact my son now runs one too, after 5 seasons with AE and 4 National championships. He has raced it for one season and won the championship again.

The scene in the USA is very different from the European scene, and the rest of the world for that matter. In the US you mainly race with foams on carpet and on small tracks. The Yoke distributorship doesn't seem too interested in selling Yokes - unlike the days when Yoke sold more touring cars than the whole lot put together, and did alot more winning too.

In Europe it's rubber tyres, mainly outdoor and big tracks, and Yokes do their fair share of winning - the BD is right up there with the best. In Japan it's mostly Yoke with Master Masami still cleaning up on a regular basis.

I don't know why Yokomo don't put a bit of effort into the US market. If they did they'd soon be up there and winning with the BD. I've no doubt the opposition are counting their blessings.

We run our BD's with TIR spools and drive shafts, and now their new alloy rear diffs too, and find the cars totally reliable. Josh runs a Checkpoint 7 in his. I run a Novak 4.5 brushless in mine - less maintenance and about the same speed.

We wouldn't change them for anything, after all, they're still winning when it matters.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo 4 life

Even when i have a crap meeting (today) its never the car, its always me not putting together a decent race.

I run the car on foams on carpet quite often and cant complain. I dont mess around with any thicker chassis or whatever i just stick my lipo in, makle sure brushless etc is meshed and everything is tight and go race. Not broke anything on it in months. Things sometimes fall apart but thats just my poor maintenance. Such a forgiving car even when the setup is not bang on.

Here in the UK they only started the push yokomo once grainger won the BRCA nationals. Apart from that they dont really do anything....

Were as with Xray they put loads of effort into marketing and coming up with fancy names like flex technology TM etc. All looks very good an professional and they get the sales. Yokomo just say the spec and do not push anything after that...
Old 12-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by johnbull

I don't know why Yokomo don't put a bit of effort into the US market. If they did they'd soon be up there and winning with the BD. I've no doubt the opposition are counting their blessings.
USA is Tamiya country, and Tamiya is still the World Champions.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asw7576
Where were you in July when the worlds happened. Tamiya not on the podium this time round. Now HB owns the bragging rights for the next 2 years.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Of what? Hot Bodies/HPI got the last one..
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnbull
We run our BD's with TIR spools and drive shafts, and now their new alloy rear diffs too, and find the cars totally reliable. Josh runs a Checkpoint 7 in his. I run a Novak 4.5 brushless in mine - less maintenance and about the same speed.

We wouldn't change them for anything, after all, they're still winning when it matters.
Hi John

How long do drive shafts last with the spool on asphalt??
I run my BD on Asphalt rubber with a one-way and am considering a spool but have held off because the STD driveshafts already have problems with broken pins etc ( I run cut down drill bits in there now which does help ).

Lastly, would you be able to provide a link where I could buy these parts?

Cheers

Geoff
Old 12-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone found a good way to set up the BD with blades in the outdrives? I've seen a few posts where guys are filing out hubs ect. Is filing the only way to do it and, what's available for blades?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.