Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Please stop arguing with the pro - you'll scare him off before we can gleen any more info! Chris, do you know why masami uses the old style SD rollbars and not the rayspeed supposedly superior versions. Just curious because i find the rayspeed easier to use anyway.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Blimey!!! It's all gone tits up in here since I left!!! lol
Must say, I did believe the BDM had a chassis the same thickness as the std BD, but just a harder compound of C/F, but hey, what do I know compared to Chris!!!
The BD was born and bred at Yatabe arena, so I can't see any reason for the team to even consider the HPI parts, which I only found were an advantage when running a spool.
Ali
Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Yes Chris is correct (for a change).

Yokomo do 2 versions of the chassis, the standard kit one which comes with a normal BD kit, the Masami kit and the Grainger kit.
They also do a hard version of the chassis for high traction/carpet etc. This is the same thickness as the standard one(2.5mm) but with a stiffer weave.

The standard chassis they have now revised and filled the holes at the very front to increase crash protection. There is a new part number for this.

Chris Grainger side kick over and out.!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racingbod85
Please stop arguing with the pro - you'll scare him off before we can gleen any more info! Chris, do you know why masami uses the old style SD rollbars and not the rayspeed supposedly superior versions. Just curious because i find the rayspeed easier to use anyway.
Masami is using the Rayspeed roll bars on the front, as we all are. Part no. RS25. But using the yokomo roll bar on the rear, Part no. ZS412FSP.

They may look different in the pictures because they are rebent and shortened. A trick from last years Jap Nats when they were running the shocks all laid down. The only way to make them miss the shocks was to rebend them.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for clearing up the confusion with the chassis', there has been quite a bit of confusion over them with the changing of part number for the regular chassis and the introduction of the new hard chassis at the same time
Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

No probs, new chassis, before someone says, is the same thickness and flexes EXACTLY the same as the old one!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anyone have any experience with the Demon Carpet chassis for the BD with foams. I am interested but waiting for BMI to come out with one too.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default BMI

BMI won't be making anything for the Yok BD.
I inquired last year several times with BMI he did not have any interest in making a chassis set for the Yok. I even had a few sponsored guys inquire for me with BMI and no results.

Would have been great to have a BMI quality chassis with the pockets milled out...but hey we can't have it all.
the car is still fantastic without BMI
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I believe you, you should know this.

But I have built 4 BDMs since end of july and a friend of mine has the old std bd and his car is definately softer than mine is. we changed the chassi plates and then his car was much stiffer than mine was then with his chassi.

I really don't know, but still believe the bdm is stiffer than the old bd.

but to be honest .. who cares .. this car rocks :-)
let's not doubt what Chris has stated. He has been to the Yokomo home ground and they have verified it. Besides, different batches of chassis will differ marginally in stiffness even if it wasnt intended to be.

Last edited by Kyew; 12-05-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
BMI won't be making anything for the Yok BD.
I inquired last year several times with BMI he did not have any interest in making a chassis set for the Yok. I even had a few sponsored guys inquire for me with BMI and no results.

Would have been great to have a BMI quality chassis with the pockets milled out...but hey we can't have it all.
the car is still fantastic without BMI
Actually there was talk at cleveland that there will be an Easton edition chassie released by BMI.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Regional Moderator

What is the part number for BDM chassis?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by John Pape
Yes Chris is correct (for a change).

Yokomo do 2 versions of the chassis, the standard kit one which comes with a normal BD kit, the Masami kit and the Grainger kit.
They also do a hard version of the chassis for high traction/carpet etc. This is the same thickness as the standard one(2.5mm) but with a stiffer weave.

The standard chassis they have now revised and filled the holes at the very front to increase crash protection. There is a new part number for this.

Chris Grainger side kick over and out.!
Chris was using this @carpetwars last meet aswell

thanks Side Kick !!
are you two staying with the old mr4tc castor blocks ,or will you go back to the std ones
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by fpart
Anyone have any experience with the Demon Carpet chassis for the BD with foams. I am interested but waiting for BMI to come out with one too.
i have the 3mm Demon here for Rubber (rubber as in tyre`s, not condom`s) & carpet
think it does it`s job well (for me) Chris has seen it first hand but he`s not convinced ,He is happy with the hard Chassis that yokomo do
now is that the 2nd or 3rd one they do

i thought Jason (bmi) would of done a run of them being it`s a popular car & all
Demon chassis is not pocketed ,it cost to much in the uk to do (we get stiched up big time over here )
Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Demon chassis is not pocketed ,it cost to much in the uk to do (we get stiched up big time over here )
What do you mean by 'pocketed'?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's a question for you all.
When adjusting the front roll center, is there any difference to removing the 1mm spacer from under the camber links, instead of removing all the 1mm spacers from under the suspension blocks? Or will either way have the exact same effect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.