Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

As Chris said....they are longer so it gives a longer throw.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

I just can not believe it.

I ve just only change the 3mm Yok lower Chasis with a Bomber upper deck. My BD just go so much faster, times really improved! Setup is the same as the older BD chasis. Cornering is more predictable with a stiffer chasis I guess.

I was regretted for not getting the BDM chasis before, now I really dont.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Hi guys

I have to say the Yokomo support for all the drivers out there is not great, and we need to improve it, The trouble is everyone at Yokomo apart from Robert and Masami speak terrible English! And Masami is very busy. I am lucky to have a Japanese speaking Girlfriend to help me out!!! when Umino sends me a set up to try I have all the same problems you have understanding what they mean.

I have to say I don't get a great deal of time near a PC, my day job keeps me outside and with all the racing I do, Time is not on my side or I would write more.

Ok what you want to know? Japan nats we ran a " out the box" BDM, that's the Masamis spec kit, with a std rear tower, CGM steering bellcranks, and MR4tc caster blocks

The bellcranks are longer so give a longer throw, there was really nothing special on Masamis car.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for answering my post, I do understand it would suck a lot of your time answering everones questions, so can i make a suggestion.

When you return from a major race meeting, could you post some of the things that were learnt/used at that meet by the team, I think everyone on this thread would benifit from that.

Once again thanks for taking the time to post on here.

Rhys
Old 12-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
wish i could draw a picture

word for word from chris`s Holy Bible (setup booklet

if built as kit instructions you will get very agressive steering mid corner,good for japans hightraction tracks,but i find the following better for the UK

When assembling the steering hub to the castor block,Don`t place the spacer supplied in the kit under the castor block. instead use no spacer at the bottom and use the supplied blue 1mm thick spacer with 3mm hole(sd-300s), and the black 0.5mm spacer with the 4mm hole above the steering block.As the diagram show`s the 1mm spacer goes on top of the steering block,with the 0.5mm spacer on top of the blue spacer. when mounting the complete castor block to the car use the bottom holes in castor blocks

Damn you adyb for making me type that lot out
i have taken a pic to go with the above wording re;;castor block
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-pictures-012.jpg  
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Just got my Team Bomber spool/with Blades

also just got my SD500 ali diff half`s
Old 12-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Just got my Team Bomber spool/with Blades

also just got my SD500 ali diff half`s
remind me where from? i only care about the bling to! although it would help not having warped plastic outdrives!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rc-car-world.de/

they are not as cheap as hong kong , But they have it
pic show`s full diff on site ,but als you only get the diff halves (here`s wishfull thinking
Old 12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
saw this at the coolcanfan website... what king of CV are these (red)? where are they available online?
Those CVDs are proto types for the Worlds edition from Ti Racing. They are now available in Blue only. I still have them but not using anymore because I ran out of axles, and it is a real bitch trying to get replacements in the US. My opinion is that they were really the strongest and best CVDs available anywhere. They do look pretty cool though.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i have taken a pic to go with the above wording re;;castor block
was trying out the stuff shown in the diagram with a spare chub and knuckle... the king pin is really supposed to hang lower than usual?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
Those CVDs are proto types for the Worlds edition from Ti Racing. They are now available in Blue only. I still have them but not using anymore because I ran out of axles, and it is a real bitch trying to get replacements in the US. My opinion is that they were really the strongest and best CVDs available anywhere. They do look pretty cool though.
thought they were way cool. that's why i asked.

wish they'd find their way back here though. :|
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rc-car-world.de/

they are not as cheap as hong kong , But they have it
pic show`s full diff on site ,but als you only get the diff halves (here`s wishfull thinking
ok colin i don't speak german and have spent far to long trawling through the site with no success. Can you post the actual link please? got some nice stuff though
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

have a look at the bottom right side of the homepage, there you can chose if the side shall be in german or english

for the lazy people here's the link in english http://www.rc-car-world.de/index.php?language=co
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racingbod85
ok colin i don't speak german and have spent far to long trawling through the site with no success. Can you post the actual link please? got some nice stuff though
God sake Adrian click on the UK Flag for English
i can read german so i don`t need to
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
was trying out the stuff shown in the diagram with a spare chub and knuckle... the king pin is really supposed to hang lower than usual?
yep don`t forget there is No plastic spacer there ti fill up the gap between kingpin & castor block you don`t need it as you will be able to tighten it up really nice with out
HTH

Don`t forget aswell ,chris & the gang are on the old MR4TC castor blocks now (that`s allright if you can get them still
Old 12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Chris,
Just a couple of questions for you

Is your chassis 'Grainger edition' the same as the BDM chassis??
I also heard you mention that there is a stiffer chasiss from Yokomo. Is this chassis what you use all the time now and any part numbers.
Also do you think the new front and rear hubs will be offically released. As the HPI stuff seems difficult to fit with Yokomo bearing (spacing) unless I change to HPI axles as well

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.