Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Hey guys just being curious, is the Yok.BD better than the Hpi Pro4???

Any input would be helpfull.
Better than what? Both cars are very capable TC's. I have both and both cars are fast. I like the BD a bit more, I run stock and 19 wind and in 19 wind the BD is a lot easier to drive fast. In stock both cars are about the same..fast. The BD is a lot easier to work on than the Pro4, The new larger batteries fit in the BD with no mods needed..Cant say the same on the Pro4. For me the BD has held up fine, No problems. Every car has it's problems, One of the things that I did not like about the Pro4 was the spool and one way gear breakage (anyone who has really had a Pro4 knows this to be true) other than that I liked the car..But I like my BD more..
Old 07-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

any of you guys know if yokomo makes a CARBON FIBER UPPER PLATE for the foam bumper? part no? if theres none from yokomo, you guys know what brand makes it? thanks in advance for any info
Old 07-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvi
any of you guys know if yokomo makes a CARBON FIBER UPPER PLATE for the foam bumper? part no? if theres none from yokomo, you guys know what brand makes it? thanks in advance for any info
Square makes one and you can get it from Speedtech.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
He visited me once and I had to "move" to Korea
Pack your bags, I know a guy at AF Headquarters. How do you like Alaska?
Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
Square makes one and you can get it from Speedtech.
thanks i looked at that site before and i missed that part
Old 07-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default URGENT: Top and Bottom decks!

Today at the track I had a huge crash into a gutter at full speed in modified. I am not sure what the cause was, I think it was either:
1. Lost signal somehow and the failsafe didn't kick in quick enough.
2. The servo horn just snapped by itself during the run, causing me to loose steering and go straight into the gutter on the side of the track.

The crash was quite fatal, snapping the top deck, splitting the bottom deck, snapping a arm, bending a hinge pin, bending the front hinge pin mount and snapping the servo horn (or maybe the servo horn caused the crash?)

Anyway, I can get all these parts apart from the decks. To get the distributer here to get them in will take 3 weeks or so, and I dont have that much time. All the sites are out of stock, or don't sell them. Speedtech has the top deck, but no bottom deck.

So I am asking if anyone here has a spare, new, top and bottom deck that they could sell to me so I can make a big meeting in 2 weeks time. Or if someone would be kind enough to order the parts from Yokomo USA on behalf of me, then send to me.

Please let me know ASAP
Sam
Old 07-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

The SDW bumper plate is graphite, this comes with the Grainger kit. I've never seen the Square one so I can't really compare though!

Sorry Sam, I had to use my spare after I leant on my modded one and snapped it!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@Sam: Try to contact Markus @ www.rc-car-world.de
He has good prices and good customer support.

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crabboy
Hi,
Heres a pic of my bd with lexan trasnponder mount (done in carbon fibre) and bomer white belts
crabboy, you got part number for the bomer white belts?

thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Got the Bomer belts from my LHS here in Adelaide, for the internet shoppers Speedtech sells them to.
Dont know if they do anything different to the black belts, but they do look cool.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

i am not crabboy but i do have the #
so
TB20022 for the front
Tb20023 for the rear
Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crabboy
Got the Bomer belts from my LHS here in Adelaide, for the internet shoppers Speedtech sells them to.
Dont know if they do anything different to the black belts, but they do look cool.

I tested them and they are more durable!!!
maybe the car rolls more with them!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a tourer to replace my RDX, I think I'll be going for the Yokomo but I still have a few questions which drivers can answer more honest then shopkeepers.

Is the Masami edition worth the extra 110€??
How rigid is the car (or, will stuff break easily)??
How durable are the diff outputs/ one way outputs, cause I noticed they dont have the blade system -> more info, I'm driving a 4.5r

(xtra, whats the best way to sell an "in good condition RDX" in Belgium...)

Thx for the time and possible answers!!

Dirk
Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Is the Masami edition worth the extra 110€??
How rigid is the car (or, will stuff break easily)??
How durable are the diff outputs/ one way outputs, cause I noticed they dont have the blade system -> more info, I'm driving a 4.5r
the Masami edition has an upgraded to precision ball bearings, all Ti screws, Bomber drive Belts, new rear shock tower, Alum universal drive shafts(frt & rear), other goodies that make it a good deal.

i don't believe you'll break stuff anymore than other cars. it is a strong car but . . . anything can be broken

Outdrives are currently not blade type but are durable when using grease, and very inexpensive to replace too.

hope thats some help
Old 07-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

well the masami edition has the new rear shock tower, bomber white belts, ti screw kit and the new yokomo white springs and some differnt driveshafts i think. from what i understand this is extremely good on smooth tracks, but the new rear tower doesnt mix well with bumps. so it kind of depends on what tracks you are racing on, but id get the masami editon anyway, its got to be better, and if you run on lots of bumpy tracks, its hardly much to get an old shock tower and try that aswell.

stuff doesnt break very easily i dont think, but i would get the wide front bumper, as this saves the front hinge pins and wishbones, infact it protects the entire front end of the car. but no, generally its not that weak, iv hardly broken a thing.

the oneway outputs hold up very very well, the rear diff outputs do wear a little more, but they are very cheap, and it is possible to get the excel outdrives which are made of delrin, and are very good im told. that said, iv had my BD a while now and never replaces the diff outputs.

and on the motor front, you have no worries, theres actually loads of room in the BD for the BL speedo's. also, iv been running my 7 turn checkpoint loads with no issues on the drivetrain. hope that helps ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.