Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Nothing in particular, just seal the chassis and build away. The rear driveshafts will break if they take a heavy blow so be careful.
Cheers Dan....

Is there away roud the driveshafts or is it just a matter os having spares in your box?????

Cheers
Stu
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

they wil break easily as they are lightweight aluminium made for the worlds spec sd car. so there not overally strong as masami generally doesnt crash much . if you had a set of tir rear driveshafts for the bd then they wud be great spares, extremely light and very strong. or you cud just get the normal bd driveshafts. upto you really .....
Old 02-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
i'll assume the vertical ball stud option goes away with those items? how does the camber link mount? i seem to remember a vertical tab on the old car...

please advise.

we should be able to make 4* work. personally, i always try to make that work anyway, as going away from that often yields on oddly driving car.

thanks.
You can only use a vertical ball stud on the older 5, 3, and 7 degree caster blocks. You will have to shave some material off the old style for them to work properly.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RompingDonkey
Cheers Dan....

Is there away roud the driveshafts or is it just a matter os having spares in your box?????

Cheers
Stu
Always have a smooth rear diff. This will help keep the breakages down. I've been running rear aluminium Tobee Craft aluminium universals for a while now and haven't had any problems.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Yok Stiff Chassis

Has anyone used the Yok Stiff chassis on carpet? Believe the part # is BD-002GH. I just ordered one, since my original chassis is cracked in the front (kydex bumper was a bit too hard).

Thanks

Is anyone running Yok BD's in the east coast (Philly area) or will I be the only one.... I'll must convert all of them to YOKs.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

olhipster1:
I'm pretty sure I was almost the only guy that race a yok at horsham(near philly).

~Ming
Old 02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Yok BD chassis

Guys, if there is enough interest Team Pickles will make a BD carpet chassis. Check their thread on the T2 chassis and send them an e-mail.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default aoizip

aoizip, well at least I will have one person to compare track setups at horsham for my BD and LCG.
It's taken a bit of time to set the car up to react the way I wanted to run on ozite with foam, but it's pretty much on the mark now.

Just need to get my driving skills up to par now.

Are you running foams or rubber tires? stock or something else?

talk to ya later.
OL.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is anyone else having problems keeping the batteries in with the stock strap? Is there another strap you can use?

No, I don't want to use tape. I have for three weeks now and am sick and tired of it.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Single sided foam on the bottom of the battery strap will fix the battery ejection problem.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by highwayman
rowdy : cool... great job... could this be the next upgrade to the BD?
Yeah I should hope so. Then all they would need to do is move the rear diff closer to the center of the car and design a smaller more compact steering rack assembly, similar to the cyclone. So what do others think would be good improvments on the currnt BD. You know the Worlds aren't to far away we may be seeing a new model BD soon.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

for a new version of the BD (or a complete new car?) I would expect things like that:

-narrower, stiffer chassis
-new diff outdrives (aluminium or delrin)
-new one way outdrives for more free spin (the Xray ones are amazing and fit the BD)
-a better center shaft (the stock one wears out very quickly)

I think that's all.

Cheers
Chris
Old 02-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smojoe
Is anyone else having problems keeping the batteries in with the stock strap? Is there another strap you can use?

No, I don't want to use tape. I have for three weeks now and am sick and tired of it.
I have battery strap problems, but seeing as I still run 3300's i've put all the blame on that. I can run 5 mins withou hitting barriers, but usually cant run 5 mins without someone hitting me..

I've resorted to tape and the battery brace, the battery stayed in last night after a fairly big crash.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
I have battery strap problems, but seeing as I still run 3300's i've put all the blame on that. I can run 5 mins withou hitting barriers, but usually cant run 5 mins without someone hitting me..

I've resorted to tape and the battery brace, the battery stayed in last night after a fairly big crash.
I have to ask you, did you put the single sided foam tape on the battery strap? I don't know anyone who is throwing out batteries unless they failed to put the foam tape on the strap.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rowdy
Yeah I should hope so. Then all they would need to do is move the rear diff closer to the center of the car and design a smaller more compact steering rack assembly, similar to the cyclone. So what do others think would be good improvments on the currnt BD. You know the Worlds aren't to far away we may be seeing a new model BD soon.
To move the batteries closer in, they would need to move the motor further back, or move the spur gear more away from the centerline.

What I'd like to see:

-Servo setup sideways, like most cars
-more compact steering assembly
-open top ball cups and 2.5mm hex holes in the ball studs
-one-way AND spool included
-locked center shaft, instead of the one-way center shaft
-stiffer chassis design (just less cutouts in the plate would work)
-different castor c-hubs available
-graphite arms
-more durable universals

that's it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.