Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 03-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

If the Yokomo BD is going to be in the U.S. soon it should have already shipped from Japan.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Steve,

Did you get my email? Sent it to (customerservice@) just wondering.

Jairo Ortiz

Last edited by Ortiz; 03-21-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kmorast
If the Yokomo BD is going to be in the U.S. soon it should have already shipped from Japan.
i know everyone is in a hurry, but don't go calling yokusa every five minutes, the more time on the phone is less time putting kits together.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Very true
Old 03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by kmorast
Not unless you know how and what they are shipping...I.e. they might be sending cases of just parts bags and flat kit boxes for Yokomo USA to put together and send out. And maybe they are shipping to Yokomo USA via Air mail and they might be sending them Friday which is the release date on Japan, which in turn would get the kits to Yokomo USA Monday and if you are lucky enough to live on the west coast and only an hour and half away you could have your kit by Wendsday.....Well Maybe./....
LOL
But that is just heresay anyway...LOL
Guess I will have to let you know when I get my kit....
Stephen <><

HEHEHEHEHEHEHheheheheheheHEHEHEHEHEHEhehehehehehe
I love living in Southern California....
Old 03-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Why BD???

I'm having trouble trying to decide if it's really worth it to get the BD.

I've owned just about every Yok kit since the YR-4 series, but the price of this new BD kit is giving me serious pause.

It's not that I can't swing the asking price, I just wonder if the chassis is going to drive any better than my CGM. I bought the SD Black, and loved the way that it drove. I then converted to the CGM, and I couldn't believe the performance difference. A few months back, I purchased a brand new CGM, then the Worlds kit came out. Now there's the BD.

I think that the possible chassis flex I expect will be in the BD will be a good thing for the brand new indoor asphalt track that just opened up in our area, but...

I really like some of the features; like the easy access diffs, spur gear and belts, but $419 is really tough for me to swallow!

I will probably wait until some of the reports come back from you guys that will have them.

I'd like to know why are some of you making the switch to the BD???
Old 03-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default Re: Why BD???

Originally posted by Geppetto

I've owned just about every Yok kit since the YR-4 series, but the price of this new BD kit is giving me serious pause.

It's not that I can't swing the asking price, I just wonder if the chassis is going to drive any better than my CGM. I bought the SD Black, and loved the way that it drove. I then converted to the CGM, and I couldn't believe the performance difference. A few months back, I purchased a brand new CGM, then the Worlds kit came out. Now there's the BD.

I think that the possible chassis flex I expect will be in the BD will be a good thing for the brand new indoor asphalt track that just opened up in our area, but...

I really like some of the features; like the easy access diffs, spur gear and belts, but $419 is really tough for me to swallow!

I will probably wait until some of the reports come back from you guys that will have them.

ONE WORD : "Masami".........

with the ability to run and make anything he wants, to realize that he is "faster than ever" with the new BD coming out, this should be a very important "factor" in you decision making......granted there are a very few in the "world" who can actually drive "like" him..........

is WILL be a great car

Old 03-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Why BD???

Well if you look at why they released all of these. The SD is meant for asphalt as is the Rayspeed upgrade for it. The CGM is a carpet racers dream ultra stiff chassis the SDW was a limited addition of the SD that Masami drove (I said drove cause he is usign the BD now) Now the BD really just another option, for those who like to drive a belt.
But nothing you would be right in that the BD will do well for asphalt....
Speedtech has to give you that price but it will probably be more like $390 plus Steve usally includes a nice $60 part (SPOOL ANYONE) so really you have to ask yourself this question.
Do you want to pay for all the upgrades included in the kit for a little more $$$$ or do you want a cheap price kit and have to spend another $200 just for upgrades later?
I choose payt he $390 now and then I don't have to spend the extra later.
Let look at just the SD it run $269.99 so now lets add just some of the hopups included in the BD that would cost you extra on the SD.
First the one way that is included $38.99
next the aluminum hinge pin mounts $75.96
then the HD arms $19.98
the the sway bar sets $21.98
That is just four of the hop ups that are included.
Not to mention you get the Rayspeed spring retainers and springs as well as ling shock bodies...Thats another $75.00
SO lets add that up total comes to $561.90
Deal or over priced.
I go with Deal...just had to put that into perspective just in case anyone else is reading this post.

Not a bad idea either if you are unsure.

Well becasue I have gotten my SD down pretty good but I have driven friends belt drive cars and they feel much more free.
I want to see if the car will do well in my hands, not the hands of any PRO or buddy but in my hands.
Plus it is Yokomo and everything I have driven that is Yokomo has been great.
Keep the tradition going.
Since you have had many YOKOMO'S you too can atest to the this fact.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Old 03-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't wait to see Masami running this car at the Reedy roc at tamiya.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

I just cant wait to get mine!!!!!! i am determined to be one of the first people in the UK to have it :P i know when i bought my SD from steve he was ultra quick with delivery.

The more i look at the car the more i like it.

Steve, could you PM me with the total amount including shipping and a complete differential?

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by iamramos
, everything time I read that I chuckle to myself

- JB
Old 03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Default complete front diff

hey guys,

I "too" am on Steve's (Wang that is) pre-order list, and I was wondering if someone can post the parts (and part #'s) to build a "complete" front diff for the new "BD" I am currently running a TC4, and the last time I ran a "Yok" was a GT4-R several years back......
Old 03-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: complete front diff

Originally posted by ghoppa
hey guys,

I "too" am on Steve's (Wang that is) pre-order list, and I was wondering if someone can post the parts (and part #'s) to build a "complete" front diff for the new "BD" I am currently running a TC4, and the last time I ran a "Yok" was a GT4-R several years back......
These are the same parts as for the SD except for the diff pulley. I have send an e-mail about a week ago to Steve (for the diff pulley #to know if he was going to get it at the same time of the kit) and I have not got any respond so I presume that he is very busy.

BD-503…….....Yokomo MR4TC-BD Diff Pulley

BB-850..........Bearing 5x8mm

ZD-505…………Yokomo 3/32 Precision Diff Balls

ZS-506…………Yokomo MR-4TC Diff Rings

ZS-507…………Yokomo MR-4TC Diff Thrust Bearing Set

ZS-508…………Yokomo MR-4TC Diff Adjusting Kit

ZC-S100S…….Yokomo 10mm thin shim

SD-501.....Diff outdrive

SD-501R...Diff outdrive Ring

Last edited by mymax; 03-22-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

thxz Mymax........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.