Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Show me the photo ?

Mine show negative camber under compression ?
I forgot the camera from work to take a shot, but to explain, if the chassis rolls when cornering, the inner camber link is leaning over more then the mount for the arms which gives you positive camber to the outside wheel.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg M
I forgot the camera from work to take a shot, but to explain, if the chassis rolls when cornering, the inner camber link is leaning over more then the mount for the arms which gives you positive camber to the outside wheel.
Check if your arm is travelling free from hingepin. Also rearhub to arm.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg M
so this is when the chassis rolls (as in both left side shocks compress and right side shocks are at normal lenght) or when the chassis compresses (all four shocks compress). If you are talking about it rolling, the inside tire will naturally have a positive camber because the inside link mount is closer to the hub then the inside arm mount (because the chassis is pitched to one side).
Old 01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is with chassis roll, but the outside will have positive camber. For example turning right, the chassis will roll and the left side will be lower then the right. Due to the roll the upper inner camber link on the left side will be further out then the arm mount, so the outside (left) wheel will have positive camber. On playing with this I have shortened the camber link and lifted the ball stud on the hub to minimise the effect. My car can now maintain a higher corner speed. I haven't played with set up much until recently, but what I have done seems to have made an improvement.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

The camber thing, suspension geometry thing I will leave it for yokomo engineers & Masami to figure that out. I'm sure they have spent countless hours R&D to make sure it works. And I'm sure they understand roll cener, suspension geometry, etc, better than most of us. The only thing for us is the inner camber links height. I mean don't worry about the "positive"camber thing, try shorter camber links, mount it on the hub.....You only make it worse.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Masami has a mechanic that tunes his car. Masami is the driver and Yokomo image. Same thing with Hara at HB.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

So you think Masami doesn't know how to tune his car?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caveman
So you think Masami doesn't know how to tune his car?
I never said that
Old 01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What are you saying then? Being that Masami has been doing this for 20+ yrs., I'm sure he has absorbed some knowledge of tuning
Old 01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
What are you saying then? Being that Masami has been doing this for 20+ yrs., I'm sure he has absorbed some knowledge of tuning
When the top drivers in the world go to a race, they bring along a team of tuners and mechanics. All they have to do is drive the car, and tell the engineers what the car is doing.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I'm sure Marc Rheinard, Jilles Groskamp & Paul Lemiux bring a TEAM of turners and mechanics with them too.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

You don't think that Marc and Jilles build their own motors, do you?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Only motors and batteries. But they work on their own cars & set up, tyres, etc.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im sure everyone has seen the pictures of Oscar Jansen at the various races around the world with a table covered in armatures
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caveman
Only motors and batteries. But they work on their own cars & set up, tyres, etc.
I'm not questioning their tuning ability, but at the huge races Reinhard, Hara, Masami (and probably others) have mechanics that work on their cars.

At smaller events, those guys will still dominate b/c they are excellent tuners and drivers, but apparently those companies have guys who are better at it then the drivers. Didn't Masami's father work on the car most of Masami's career? I've heard that Yokomo pulled a driver off their factory team to just be Masami's mechanic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.