Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 01-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@asw7576: I have the hole Rayspeed and Yokomo spring set. So no problem there.
I normally run white/white, blue/blue or green/blue and white/white rolls really good through the corner and keeps the corner speed really well. I wrenched a lot on the car to dial it in. And it is dialed.. 0.2 sec away from track record held by Alexander Stocker isn't slow at all but I'm always looking for ways to improve my cars. Let it be the steering rack, the drivetrain or a simple chassis plate.
And since it's faster I don't see a problem.
Trust me I don't dremel at all of my parts without thinking about it before. It's just that I tried a lot before and didn't get the steering out of it I wanted. Nothing worked really for me or had to much disadvantages.
For example: I ran down to 2 and 1 degree toe-in in the rear. And yes, it had a lot of steering (and was fast for one or two rounds) but, to be honest, I don't have the skills to drive a car like that for 5 minutes.
You don't have to try it if you don't like it or if your car is fast enough but perhaps someone in here is looking aswell for more steering.
Don't take it as an offence but I know what I'm doing when I'm dremeling on parts. The car is surely fast without that mod but if you have a pair of spare C-Hubs and can try it.

@Zacharopoulos: Thanks...

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Speedy, have you tried a spool on that track? I've found that with some tuning, a spool will lose some time in the sweepers, but easily make that up in any tight section. And it is a lot easier to be consistant from lap to lap with a spool.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stumper
Only thing I can think of is that it allows the steering spindle to rotate further . Maybe ?
It will, but doing it will only give you more steering throw. At higher speeds this should scrub some corner speed and slow the car down. I am sorry, I don't believe this is a great way to get more steering. But if it works for you then go for it.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I don't want to say pops is wrong in anyway, he knows a great amount about this car. But, I did do a little racing on a very small (25x65) ozite carpet track recently, I was able to make the car very good and was just a 1/10th or two off the fastest guy there. I had done everything I could do to make the car rotate in the very tight corners on this tight track. I then compared the acutal turning radias to the fast guys x-ray. His car had a noticable diffrence in the fact it would turn a lot tighter radias than my BD. We switched cars and we decided that it was definatly the turn radias slowing the BD down in the corner. I did not try to do any mods to make it more as I will not be racing on that tight of a track again any time soon. I belive pops is right in saying that more turning will slow the car down on a normal open track, but with the very small tight track where a little more steering is needed it might help it a bit.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
I don't want to say pops is wrong in anyway, he knows a great amount about this car. But, I did do a little racing on a very small (25x65) ozite carpet track recently, I was able to make the car very good and was just a 1/10th or two off the fastest guy there. I had done everything I could do to make the car rotate in the very tight corners on this tight track. I then compared the acutal turning radias to the fast guys x-ray. His car had a noticable diffrence in the fact it would turn a lot tighter radias than my BD. We switched cars and we decided that it was definatly the turn radias slowing the BD down in the corner. I did not try to do any mods to make it more as I will not be racing on that tight of a track again any time soon. I belive pops is right in saying that more turning will slow the car down on a normal open track, but with the very small tight track where a little more steering is needed it might help it a bit.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@ChadCapece: I tried it and didn't like it. I lost too much time in the sweepers (we have two at our track). But I will try that again. Thanks.

@pops: Yes, that could definately be a problem. But the good thing is that I have the choice now. I can take out steering throw out as much as I wanted on my radio. But it's not as simple to get more steering in the tight parts of the track if needed. And if the track is nice mix of fast sweepers and tight chicanes I can concentrate on don't turning that much on the wheel in the sweepers.

@Shopkeeper: Exactly, I made the same experience.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by coons88
Does anyone know where you can buy the carbon brace that attaches under the swaybar? I lost one at the track the other day and it doesn't look the same without it
Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

@asw7576: I have the hole Rayspeed and Yokomo spring set. So no problem there.
I normally run white/white, blue/blue or green/blue and white/white rolls really good through the corner and keeps the corner speed really well. I wrenched a lot on the car to dial it in. And it is dialed.. 0.2 sec away from track record held by Alexander Stocker isn't slow at all but I'm always looking for ways to improve my cars. Let it be the steering rack, the drivetrain or a simple chassis plate.
And since it's faster I don't see a problem.
Trust me I don't dremel at all of my parts without thinking about it before. It's just that I tried a lot before and didn't get the steering out of it I wanted. Nothing worked really for me or had to much disadvantages.
For example: I ran down to 2 and 1 degree toe-in in the rear. And yes, it had a lot of steering (and was fast for one or two rounds) but, to be honest, I don't have the skills to drive a car like that for 5 minutes.
You don't have to try it if you don't like it or if your car is fast enough but perhaps someone in here is looking aswell for more steering.
Don't take it as an offence but I know what I'm doing when I'm dremeling on parts. The car is surely fast without that mod but if you have a pair of spare C-Hubs and can try it.

@Zacharopoulos: Thanks...

Cheers
Chris
Okay then........ I like your attitude always looking to improve things No wonder Germans can build very good cars like Mercedes Benz and BMW, and Airbus A380 !!!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

hi, has any one tryed the team bomber white belts yet. r they better then the kits belts??? thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coons88
Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
call precision rc, speedtech rc, or Yokomo. They can give you a better answer than we can.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, the white belts are very free, but my lap times are not any faster. So it is up to you to decide whether they are worth the money.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

quick question that i should know the answer to but for some reason i can't think this morning,

on the front arms, on the setup sheet, when it says 4mm front, is that the arm is spaced 4mm to the front, or there is a 4mm spacer in the front of the arm
thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anybody know of a aftermarket steering rack that moves the ackerman forward just a bit more?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@asw7576: I've seen it today that I don't always need that much steering. This weekend is a qualifiying round for the german nationals and the trick is tight but with a 3 sweepers and 2 super-fast 90 degree corners. The rest are hairpins where I need steering but I have to concentrate not to turn too much on the wheel in the fast parts because I loose too much corner speed.

@Turtlemaster: There is 4mm spacer in the front of the arms.

@Francis M.: Send me a PM and I will change my CAD drawings for you a bit...

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...14106339235.fe

anyone know what these are?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.