Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Yeeehaaa

My BD has finally turned up

No more having to deal with broken diffs on my pro4, gonna relegate it to silver can stock grade.

You should make a trip down to Auckland, we can have a BD party, I think theres 4 in Auckland
Old 09-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah , I do come down occaisionally to race AMAC and QTR.

Hoping to get down this sunday
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Yeah , I do come down occaisionally to race AMAC and QTR.

Hoping to get down this sunday
Good Stuff
Old 09-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default YOK PART #

Anybody have the part # for the Yok bleeder screw for the shock caps?
And also the # for the clamping hex drives and does the oring for the roll pin come with the hex drives?

Thanks,
E
Old 09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Anybody have the part # for the Yok bleeder screw for the shock caps?
And also the # for the clamping hex drives and does the oring for the roll pin come with the hex drives?

Thanks,
E
I believe the screws come with the Shock Caps YS-8Y
Aluminum Clap Wheel Hubs ZS-011C Clamp does not use o'rings, it clamps onto the pin.
ZS-011EL EZ Wheel Hubs II uses o'ring to hold the pin in place.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Yok part

I am look at the thickness of the hex, it is half the thickness of the FTC4 hex, this narrows the car 2mm on each side. This moves the hub further into the rim, changing roll rate of the suspension, making it respond faster than the stock part, feeling more responsive to all driver input. This is a Yokomo part just checking on a part #.

picture of low profile hex with o-ring..
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-ftc4-1.jpg  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
If it feels better to you then there's nothing wrong, everyone drives differently.

i just became curious after reading an article of joel johnson in R/C car action, stating that using the entire "throw" of the steering of a car is bad 'cause it scrubs speed going in a corner... im just wondering if maybe i should try to set-up or drive differently to be able to get better and faster.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

when I go to a new track I set my steering throw to be able to get through the tightest part of the track and then go racing from there. If you concentrate more on taking good lines and keeping corner speed then you don't need all the steering throw of any car. I see it all the time, especially in 1/12 racing, where other drivers have way too much steering throw and they go into a corner and the car just looses all corner speed because the front tires are acting like a brake almost. I guess with the high capacity batteries now people don't have to try and have an efficient car because they're not going to dump. When I started racing sedans we ran with 1700's and soon after 2000's in mod for 5 minutes and I usually ran a 10 turn and didn't dump.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
I am look at the thickness of the hex, it is half the thickness of the FTC4 hex, this narrows the car 2mm on each side. This moves the hub further into the rim, changing roll rate of the suspension, making it respond faster than the stock part, feeling more responsive to all driver input. This is a Yokomo part just checking on a part #.

picture of low profile hex with o-ring..
It looks like the EZ Wheel hub only it is not anodized? Yokomo did make one for the TC-3 but I think it was blue too.
If it is for a Yoke, use part ZS-011EL it will be blue though.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey guys Im going to be a new BD owner shortly. Im going to be racing it on carpet with foam tires, what do I need to buy besides a front diff, what color shock springs, etc. Were is the best place 2 get the parts from. Thanks alot.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
when I go to a new track I set my steering throw to be able to get through the tightest part of the track and then go racing from there. If you concentrate more on taking good lines and keeping corner speed then you don't need all the steering throw of any car. I see it all the time, especially in 1/12 racing, where other drivers have way too much steering throw and they go into a corner and the car just looses all corner speed because the front tires are acting like a brake almost. I guess with the high capacity batteries now people don't have to try and have an efficient car because they're not going to dump. When I started racing sedans we ran with 1700's and soon after 2000's in mod for 5 minutes and I usually ran a 10 turn and didn't dump.

it seems that i'm one of those drivers that use the front as brakes to slow down the car into a turn... i really don't know where to begin in correcting my driving style, since i started playing GP3300 was already out.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony montana
Hey guys Im going to be a new BD owner shortly. Im going to be racing it on carpet with foam tires, what do I need to buy besides a front diff, what color shock springs, etc. Were is the best place 2 get the parts from. Thanks alot.
I have a pair of each Rayspeed spring just in case. You get two pairs of the springs with the car so you only have to buy 4 more pairs.

I think the Rayspeed set is enough adjustability but others buy the yokomo springs aswell.

Oh and buy a locked center pulley.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Cool Thanks. Im getting the car used hopefully, so I dont know exactly whats coming with it
Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony montana
1) You will need a locked center shaft to replace the center one-way.
2) either some Yoke GT-4 springs or the complete set of TC-3 springs.
5) Yokomo Extra Large foam bumper or the P-Dub bumper
4) Extra set of hinge pins
5) front steering hubs
6) 2 deg rear suspension mount or 1 deg rear hubs reversed to get 2 deg
6) Speedtech always has a great supply of Yokomo Parts.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

So why would you recommend either TC3, GT-4 springs over rayspeed ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.