Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

any pics of the BD sitting next to the cyclone? or 415? I want to compare.

Are there any reviews on this car? I'm surprised I haven't seen anything yet?

Last edited by axel; 06-01-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axel
any pics of the BD sitting next to the cyclone? or 415? I want to compare.
Well I can tell you from looking at all of them very closely....Cyclone was at RCX and I held it....
The Cyclone is that a clone of the BD....I mean its only difference is the motor mount and the fact it has HPI shocks and arms...
Well they forgot the battery trays...LOL
The 415 in stock form is a pain to work on.
The MS form of it is better but takes a lot to work on..
All of these are great cars....
The Cyclone supposedly has a huge price tag $620.00
But in considering a new car ask your self this question...DO you know what you are doing....If the answer is I'm not real sure or no then you need to learn more.
The Picture comparison is only going to confuse you more.
They all look very similar.
They all can win...
Look at REEDY
all of them where in the top five.
Your choice.
IF you are confident in your skills than I say look at what everyone else is runnign and winning with where you are....One is they can let you take a few laps and Two they can give you pointers on setup. Three they can help in a pinch....LOL
Stephen <><
Old 06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the help...ever since i got the yokomo drifter last year i hated yokomo, but the BD just erases that memory completey!
if you don't mind me asking... im curious as to why yor hated your yokomo drifter?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm curious as well. Was it because it just kinda slid around and didn't go very fast?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by highwayman
if you don't mind me asking... im curious as to why yor hated your yokomo drifter?
well...not really their fault..it ws the first kit i ever built and the screws kept stripping, and etc. I wasted $200 on that car...I NEVER got to run it without it breaking, the cvd's kept coming apart...well to make long story short...it wasn't fun...then i found racing (i almost dislike drifting now) ...that was a life saver my my rc life.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

i'll give you 50.00 bucks for the roller.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Well I can tell you from looking at all of them very closely....Cyclone was at RCX and I held it....
The Cyclone is that a clone of the BD....I mean its only difference is the motor mount and the fact it has HPI shocks and arms...
Well they forgot the battery trays...LOL
The 415 in stock form is a pain to work on.
The MS form of it is better but takes a lot to work on..
All of these are great cars....
The Cyclone supposedly has a huge price tag $620.00
But in considering a new car ask your self this question...DO you know what you are doing....If the answer is I'm not real sure or no then you need to learn more.
The Picture comparison is only going to confuse you more.
They all look very similar.
They all can win...
Look at REEDY
all of them where in the top five.
Your choice.
IF you are confident in your skills than I say look at what everyone else is runnign and winning with where you are....One is they can let you take a few laps and Two they can give you pointers on setup. Three they can help in a pinch....LOL
Stephen <><
I really appreciate if you guys would please bash on the cyclone for me so i'll end up getting the BD . I'm really influenced in what you guy say. Just give it to me please?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

How can we bash a car that isn't even out yet? wait until it's released and see if people have any problems with it, then make your decision. Or get a car that's already out and has a good support group (rctech), has good parts support, is easy to work on, handles as good as anything else out there, and has impressed 99% of it's owners, THE BD!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Regional Moderator

I really appreciate if you guys would please bash on the cyclone for me so i'll end up getting the BD . I'm really influenced in what you guy say. Just give it to me please?
First change your signature first
Old 06-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
How can we bash a car that isn't even out yet? wait until it's released and see if people have any problems with it, then make your decision. Or get a car that's already out and has a good support group (rctech), has good parts support, is easy to work on, handles as good as anything else out there, and has impressed 99% of it's owners, THE BD!
I know... but i can tell this car is going ot be really expensive for me i hear it's going to cost more than the 415. i really really like the cyclone...and if you know me i'll probaly end up buying it on impulse without regarding my wallet. I just want this need for the cyclone to pass over quicklier...ok so don't bash it, just make it sound like the bd is the best in the world.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

To everyone here how do you like the Bd compared to your other tourers? Durability, wrenching, drivetrain, etc.?

i just your post prior to this and well, bashing another brand and making the BD "sound better" doesn't really make much sense to me... i once had the PRO 4, didn't like it that much, but i don't bash it... for me, this is a forum where we get each others feedback both the good and the bad, so that we don't have to experience the bad or at least know how to fix it... as for the good, well... as previously stated 99% of BD owners are VERY VERY sastified and this forum is filled with testimonals to that fact...

but its also worthy to note that, getting a car that you really want is ASLO important... the BD may be the best touring car out there, but if you have mis givings about the yoke in general like what you previuosly posted, i don't think you'll do well with the car...

on the other side, getting a car that appeals to you in terms of handling, and well, maybe looks too, (which isn't really that important in my opinion), can be beneficial since it'll suit your driving style and you will tend not to blame the car if your heat doesn't go well...

Last edited by highwayman; 06-01-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
i'll give you 50.00 bucks for the roller.
sorry man...the thing was in such bad condition i had to throw it away when I moved (plus it wasn't really rolling)...plus no room for it where i live now.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

just make it sound like the bd is the best in the world.
It is ...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default axel

axel
Get the BD, I'm a yoke convert!! I've wasted money on buying hop ups on my previous cars just to make it handle the way I like it!!!

When I went to the CGM I was amazed on how it handles and said this is my CAR for good!!! I got bling blings for it to make it unique!! The SDW came out, it was in my hands but loved the CGM so much, so i said---NO!!!

When the BD came out the first batches i looked the other way and said I'm sticking with my CGM!!!

I gave in and gave it a try and I am happy!!!!!!!!!!! It now drives like a dream!!!!

I now call myself a YOKE BOY!!!!!

From the CGM the impression of it being a brokomo was long gone, the brokomo thing only came about when the MR4TC-SP came out, brokomo is a thing of the past!!!!

So go get a car with parts support and online(racers,us) support!!! The Yoke SD and BD thread are very helpful!!!

Just my humble opinion!!
Peace and Happy Racing!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lem2
axel
Get the BD, I'm a yoke convert!! I've wasted money on buying hop ups on my previous cars just to make it handle the way I like it!!!

When I went to the CGM I was amazed on how it handles and said this is my CAR for good!!! I got bling blings for it to make it unique!! The SDW came out, it was in my hands but loved the CGM so much, so i said---NO!!!

When the BD came out the first batches i looked the other way and said I'm sticking with my CGM!!!

I gave in and gave it a try and I am happy!!!!!!!!!!! It now drives like a dream!!!!

I now call myself a YOKE BOY!!!!!

From the CGM the impression of it being a brokomo was long gone, the brokomo thing only came about when the MR4TC-SP came out, brokomo is a thing of the past!!!!

So go get a car with parts support and online(racers,us) support!!! The Yoke SD and BD thread are very helpful!!!

Just my humble opinion!!
Peace and Happy Racing!!!!
Thanks for all the quick responses guys...well i guess i'll be turning to a yokomo guy this summer...when i get the money and sell the pro4...and if the cyclone's price is way up there i will hopefully be driving a yokomo bd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.