Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kilruf....I see inyour setup you use a locked center pully and a oneway....What is the difference between a locked center pully and a spool?
Old 05-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
Kilruf. I see inyour setup you use a locked center pully and a oneway
hi...im not kilruf, but in my testing a locked center pulley with a one-way gives me more off-power steering in general, as compared with a center oneway and front 1 way...

What is the difference between a locked center pully and a spool?
with a locked center pulley and a spool - 4 wheel braking and less off-power steering...
Old 05-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Highwayman...I understand now...coming from a Pro4..it was all new to me.I ran my BD for the first time last night and was very impressed.The main differances I noticed straight away were a lot better mid corner speed and very smooth with good punch out of corners.I ran the BD out of the box on tarmac with rubbers and foams.One thing that I found good but puzzling was I seemed to be at least one maybe two pinions higher than with the Pro4.I was running Stock.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The car should carry more cornerspeed so you will be able to run a taller gear. If it bogs in the corner, you need a lower gear to pull it off the corner.

If you run BSR or Jaco tires, you have to grind the knuckles down. I ran my ground down and never had any problems with breaking them. Just doesn't look as good.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barger
Thanks Highwayman...I understand now...coming from a Pro4..it was all new to me.I ran my BD for the first time last night and was very impressed.The main differances I noticed straight away were a lot better mid corner speed and very smooth with good punch out of corners.I ran the BD out of the box on tarmac with rubbers and foams.One thing that I found good but puzzling was I seemed to be at least one maybe two pinions higher than with the Pro4.I was running Stock.

nice to hear, i noticed that also in modified, my CGM gearing seemed to be undergeared when i used it on my BD, i think its partly becuase you can get on the power sooner, so the motor spools up faster...
Old 05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Sloppy Steering

I love this car but, once again I've found somewhat of a serious problem. It appears that the more I run the car the more slop I get in the steering rack where the bearings ride in the carbon fiber. Usually I'd just shim it up but, I can't find any shims to fix the problem. Does anyone have an idea how to shim the rack or fix the excessive slop. It is so bad that I can feel the slop on the track and the car handles fery inconsistantly. I'd appreciate any pictures you might have of your steering setup.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Superglue the bearings to the carbon rack. Simple and easy. Just don't get any glue inside the bearing.. hehe..
Old 05-29-2005, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Back from a week of practice and racing at Reedy... man I'm sunburnt.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

How was the BD during the race? how did masami do?

Last edited by highwayman; 05-29-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The BD was excellent, I've never been really fast at Tamiya but Masami's setup was super dialed. 23 lap runs were really rare in open mod, but I was able to do one of the five this morning which put me 4'th in qualpoints for that round. Unfortunately my only other strong run was a 10'th in qualpoints, so I went in with 14. Another driver tied my 14 qualpoints so it went to the third fastest run, he had a 25 qualpoints run and I had 26, which put me BQ. I held the lead for about 4:40 or so on second run tires just driving conservitave, 2'nd place cought me and went for a pass on the straightaway but "glitched" when he got next to me and we both went flying, unfortunately I slammed the drivers stand and broke.

I'm sure Masami's setup will get posted soon, it's really good, but it doesnt like to be overdriven, it takes a smooth driver to make it work, try to get aggressive and it doesnt hold well.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

congratulations on your 23 laps!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thank you, at least I know I can do it now, and next year, it's on!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
The BD was excellent, I've never been really fast at Tamiya but Masami's setup was super dialed. 23 lap runs were really rare in open mod, but I was able to do one of the five this morning which put me 4'th in qualpoints for that round. Unfortunately my only other strong run was a 10'th in qualpoints, so I went in with 14. Another driver tied my 14 qualpoints so it went to the third fastest run, he had a 25 qualpoints run and I had 26, which put me BQ. I held the lead for about 4:40 or so on second run tires just driving conservitave, 2'nd place cought me and went for a pass on the straightaway but "glitched" when he got next to me and we both went flying, unfortunately I slammed the drivers stand and broke.

I'm sure Masami's setup will get posted soon, it's really good, but it doesnt like to be overdriven, it takes a smooth driver to make it work, try to get aggressive and it doesnt hold well.
Plus he drives with two sticks and not a pistol grip radio so there is a whole nother type of driving. I was out at Reedy this morning to check out some Invitational and the first few qualifiers of spec but didn't see you. I hope at least the BD was consistant for you. I can not wait to finally get to race again. It has been since 4Fun and Mywife keeps planning stuff every weekend so, now I might not be able to do KO but keeping my fingers crossed that the plans fall through. I really want to race the KO....Looks like the track was very fast...I was over by Glenn G and the rest of the quarter bets being doen during the Invitational quals...Had to say they make watching more fun. Heck I won a poll of the getting the last place driver nailed...LOL
Will you be out at HotRods sunday foir the next Babcock race? I am going out Wendsday to do some testign with the LCG and the Bd to see which is giving me the best results in stock then make the other either better or if it is the BD which is slower I might just make that my 19T car and start racing that as my second class.
Cya.
Stephen <><
Old 05-29-2005, 10:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm gonna take a break for the week from racing, Reedy was expensive...
Old 05-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Where's the KO race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.