Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Why fixed center pulley???

Originally posted by Geppetto
Why use a fixed center pulley? What is the effect of using one? Is it used in conjunction with a front one-way? Would it be used with a front ball diff? How about with a spool?
You would use it with a diff and a spool, so you can have 4 wheel braking
Old 05-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Direct Pulley Mod

Originally posted by babytoy101
Here's a simple way to make a direct pulley with out damaging the one-way bearing of the main gear adaptor. It's a simple 5min dremel job that works! No need to use JB Weld and the advantage is, you can still have your one-way pulley, just take out the pin on the layshaft. Here's a pic. sorry if it's too big
Thanks for that babytoy, so u have 2 pins in then, makes sense, i will give it a try?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Anyone else racing the JBRL this sunday at 4Fun have a nice setup there that wants to share????????PLEASE
I plan on having a spool and locked center diff also.
Just trying to get a head start.
Thanks in advance....
Oh yea I will race stock but maybe throw down in the f main of 19T....lol
Stephen <><
I'll be there with my SoCal setup
Old 05-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I'll be there with my SoCal setup
me too
Old 05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PROBLEM

I have a werry nice problem car to the left or car to the right???
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-nyaste-040.jpg  
Old 05-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

car on the left....burry it with you. car onthe left....run it till the tyres fall off.....problem solved
Old 05-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default SoCal raceway setup

Hey guys, I'm going to be getting a BD and running at SoCal in HB and wanted to know if anyone has a good setup for it. I've been out of this for awhile(deployed) and since I'm still stationed in SD I don't get to race as often as I'd like so I don't want to spend a lot of time just trying to get the car around the track. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: SoCal raceway setup

Originally posted by Chris Brown
Hey guys, I'm going to be getting a BD and running at SoCal in HB and wanted to know if anyone has a good setup for it. I've been out of this for awhile(deployed) and since I'm still stationed in SD I don't get to race as often as I'd like so I don't want to spend a lot of time just trying to get the car around the track. Thanks in advance for any help.
what will you be running? stock? 19T? mod? randy caster will be able to help you out if you're running mod..... or when you get to socal. look for any of the following people.... (they'll be able to help you also)

ron schuur
tyree phillips
glen g.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'll run stock for a couple months and then 19 for a while and move to mod once I feel comfortable racing again.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice Mod Babytoy. Reminds me of the YR4 series Yokomo's. They had the same deal on their pullies. I just don't understand why Yokomo didn't do this in the first place since they've done it in the past?!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'll see if Robert Itoh will convert my SoCal setup to a setup sheet and post it on the Yok USA site. My car was absolutely dialed tonight, been working on the setup little by little and I finally hit it spot on.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Overdrive/Underdrive

I was reading in the JRX-S thread that T.Hodge always uses overdrive when using a spool set up (basically a larger pulley in the rear - is that right). It is supposed to give a lot of front end grip entering a corner which is what every good spool set up needs!
Randy, are you still using this on your SoCal set up? is it a noticable change? Do you have any pictures with it installed and did you have to mod the Losi pulley at all? I was thinking of trying a Corally RDX pulley, but these are 42 teeth, is a 2 tooth difference front to rear too great?

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

In the days of wide touring cars running on foams, the cars always got better as the front tyres wore and got smaller in diameter, so you probably have a valid point.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Overdrive/Underdrive

Originally posted by Chrissy C
I was reading in the JRX-S thread that T.Hodge always uses overdrive when using a spool set up (basically a larger pulley in the rear - is that right). It is supposed to give a lot of front end grip entering a corner which is what every good spool set up needs!
Randy, are you still using this on your SoCal set up? is it a noticable change? Do you have any pictures with it installed and did you have to mod the Losi pulley at all? I was thinking of trying a Corally RDX pulley, but these are 42 teeth, is a 2 tooth difference front to rear too great?

Cheers
Chris
I think a 2 tooth difference would be too much, and besides that, the belt would be much too short. I have been running a rear tension cam that I modded to give the belt some more slack in the rear for the past couple weeks. Last night I put a stock cam on and just cut the adjustment notch off and moved it so the diff is all the way forward, the belt is extremely tight like this, but the car works much better than it did with the looser belt, I think it was actually skipping from the overdrive. I always run overdrive when I have the option to, spools, 1 ways, diffs, whatever, it just gives the car more steering. Hopefully my SoCal setup will get posted and for those of you that like a ton of steering, that will be a good setup to go off of.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Overdrive/Underdrive

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I think a 2 tooth difference would be too much, and besides that, the belt would be much too short. I have been running a rear tension cam that I modded to give the belt some more slack in the rear for the past couple weeks. Last night I put a stock cam on and just cut the adjustment notch off and moved it so the diff is all the way forward, the belt is extremely tight like this, but the car works much better than it did with the looser belt, I think it was actually skipping from the overdrive. I always run overdrive when I have the option to, spools, 1 ways, diffs, whatever, it just gives the car more steering. Hopefully my SoCal setup will get posted and for those of you that like a ton of steering, that will be a good setup to go off of.
Or you could just run down the list in order and we could fill our own out...HINT HINT...LOL
Here is the link even for those who need it. GO to manuals and print out the BD Blank setup sheet.
http://www.yokomousa.com/
Thanks,
Stephen <><
P.S. its all about the steering...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.