Wiki Posts
Search

Hacker Brushless TensorIC ESC and Skalar Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Ran the TensorIC esc and Skalar 17.5 this past weenkend in my DEX210 and wow it was good. Really good! I also bought the Hacker Progbox. I downloaded the Hacker TensorIC software to my laptop, uploaded the stock spec firmware.
The quality of this esc and motor is amazing. It has a really great switch as well, which seems to be a problem on a majority of esc's. Everything is well assembled and even the packaging is high quality lol, not that it matters. I programmed in some aggresive settings and calibrated my radio(very simple) and was ready to hit the track. After trying a couple different pinions and timing combo's, I settled on 34/69 with 40degrees on the motor. It felt ultra smooth, and great brakes. Motor never ran above 120. I can probably go up another tooth and max out the timing to 45 and still run under 155. It had great top end for the layout, so I didnt gear up anymore. Motor was punchy, and mid was great too. I noticed it the last 1/8 of trigger pull ramps up aggressively, and I noticed it gave me a larger range of my most common area of throttle use. But when I punched it, it accelerated hard. Over the last year and a half I have ran the fallowing esc's in my buggy.
LRP V1 Stock Spec SXX + Works Team cap
Novak GTB2 & GTB2 X-drive
Tekin RS-Pro + 3 Tekin caps

I had settled on the LRP and had no plans to switch, but was convinced to try the Hacker by smoebody faster than me. The Hacker is staying in and I will be switching all my 1/10 scale to the TensorIC. I like the fact that I can pic firmware, either stock or mod. That was one thing I did not like about the LRP. And I didn't think the Tekin was nearly as smooth as either the LRP or Hacker, plus it had a dead spot right off neutral that I could not get out, nor anyone else who tried. And the Novak was pretty decent in all areas, but lacked the programability I was after. I ran it on Tuesday in a big race locally and I was able to beat one of the guys who had my number since day one. It ran flawless all day long. I let anyone who wanted to run my buggy give it a spin. All impressed. I dont race for Hacker, nor do I endorse outside of my sponsors, but in this case I will make an exception. Its really worth trying.

Mike, when you go to sell it. Let me know.... I need a program box..

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
To program all the settings can i plug the esc directly into my computer, or do i need the box as well?
I can plug my tensorIC SC strait to my PC and program it, but I was unsuccessful when I tried with the tensorIC 10 esc. But I'm going to keep trying and see If I can use the PC utility.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well hopefully the ROAR D3.5 ruling will make everyone take a second look at this motor (and others).
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Blinkey

Im in need of a new speedy been checking out this setup for a couple months now...my question is in blinkey mode does the light on the speedy actually blink???I know its a dumb question but some speedies dont actually blink when in stock blink mode...and we got new rule at my local track that no light no run blinkey...any input would be awsome....gonna grab mine at stormer if it blinks getting excited havent had new speedy in a year or so...!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duc1098
Im in need of a new speedy been checking out this setup for a couple months now...my question is in blinkey mode does the light on the speedy actually blink???I know its a dumb question but some speedies dont actually blink when in stock blink mode...and we got new rule at my local track that no light no run blinkey...any input would be awsome....gonna grab mine at stormer if it blinks getting excited havent had new speedy in a year or so...!!
Yes it does. Turn it on, tap the throttle once, and it will blink until turned off. Its a great esc!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would get the progbox also. Gives you a lot more option and firmware upgrades.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Last edited by zipperfoot; 02-11-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys. I should be getting my Skalar 17.5 in about a weeks time. I will be using it in 17.5 boosted in our National events with SP esc. I will be the first to use these motors in TC 1/10 in South Africa. I have tested 5 other motors , and the FDR does not differ to much from each other. Any recommendations regarding esc settings, fdr and motor timing will be appreciated
Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gerrie
Hi guys. I should be getting my Skalar 17.5 in about a weeks time. I will be using it in 17.5 boosted in our National events with SP esc. I will be the first to use these motors in TC 1/10 in South Africa. I have tested 5 other motors , and the FDR does not differ to much from each other. Any recommendations regarding esc settings, fdr and motor timing will be appreciated
Im still playing with settings. I am running mine with a 17.5 in blinky mode, and timing on the motor is at 38. I was told if you go over 40 it will run much hotter.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just got a Hacker Tensoric 8 system, and have a quick question?
How do you calibrate it to your radio?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by anythinggas
Just got a Hacker Tensoric 8 system, and have a quick question?
How do you calibrate it to your radio?
Sent a pm with the link to the Tensoric SC English instructions.
Here and the Tensoric 8 English instructions.
https://www.aero-model.com/download....TENSORIC_8.pdf
Old 05-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Need more help with my tensoric8 with a 2100 kv motor. Car seem to lack in speed, can’t get the speed to clear a 10 to 12 feet double, buggies with lower kv seem to do just fine.
Running a Losi 8ight with a 45/15 gearing and Trunigy 4500 30c-40c 4s battery
Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hacker blinky mode

Does any one know how to get the hacker in an out of blinky mode?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonsofarizona

Thanks in advance.
By adding timing, it will no longer be in blinky mode.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sonsofarizona

Thanks in advance.
Running mode will need to be set on fow/bra-0
When you see the -0 at the end it is in blinky mode. When in this mode the timing settings no longer work.

When you go to the normal fow/bra this mode will allow you to use the timing settings.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

I wanted to give everyone an update with the tensoric esc and Skalar motors.

With this combo I was able to tq and win main 1 at this years reedy race.
This combination in addition to the awseomatix's incredible drivetrain and handling I was able to to run insane lap times very close to the 13.5 guys.

Combo used:
Skalar 17.5 geared at a 3.6 fdr. 40degrees of timing.
Tensoric 10 esc with punch level 9 and 87.5 brake.
New R.O.A.R approved Aero-Model 7200mah 2s 80c w/5mm bullet connectors.

I would also like to congratulate Ryan Cooper and Dave Zorn for there A-main finishes in 17.5 at this years reedy race.

Ryan also ran the tensoric 10 esc with the Skalar 17.5 and Aero-model 7200. 80c battery.
Ryan ended up with the same settings ans fdr as I did.
Congrats to Ryan as he finished 3rd overall.

Dave ran the Skalar 17.5 with a tekin esc. He ran 3.7 fdr and 40 degrees of timing. Congrats to Dave with his 6th place finish overall.

Thanks to everyone who ran Hacker / Aero-model products

Please let me know if you have any questions about our setups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.