R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   GMVIS Commander Blues (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/63661-gmvis-commander-blues.html)

drx 02-18-2005 07:32 AM

GMVIS Commander Blues

Yes, I'm still fighting with my Commander.

It appears that the charger may be overcooking my packs. This becomes very possible after a raceday's worth of charges. By the end of raceday those cells are getting really hot and I'm afraid too much so. My packs aren't holding as many MaH as they used to.

I'm using Peak charging for the most part although I've tried other modes as well.

I don't have the temp probe. They seem to be completely unavailable - I can't even get Horizion to spec order one for me. I've found one in Hong Kong for $21 and $15 shipping, but I'm reluctant to buy offshore.

Could my settings be messed up and if so which one.

6.0 amps
4620 MaH
11 volts

If I have to get the probe, so be it, but if there's a way to get around this, I'd appreciate the help.

Mr. Shookie 02-18-2005 08:40 AM

Drop down the voltage if they are getting hot and also drop the peak detect. I just ordered the temp probe from HK along with some other goodies. Also you can set the mah to like 3900 but to say 4250 or what ever you put that won;t help either. I set mine as follows
6amp
3900 mah
30 mv delta peak
42 volt max
Hope this helps,
I look forward to useign the temp probe.
The Program feature is real nice....Works awsome with the GM SX12

Hope this helps,
-Stephen <><

drx 02-18-2005 09:07 AM

Yeah I think that might help.....

but you kinda lost me on the "42 volts" thing.

I'm thinkingthat temp probe might just be worth the hassle.

Hey man, can I call you so we can talk about this charger thing?

If yes, PM me with number and a good time.

thanx

PS: I wish I would have known you were ordering. I would have paid part of your shipping for a second problbe on that order :mad: .

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Drop down the voltage if they are getting hot and also drop the peak detect. I just ordered the temp probe from HK along with some other goodies. Also you can set the mah to like 3900 but to say 4250 or what ever you put that won;t help either. I set mine as follows
6amp
3900 mah
30 mv delta peak
42 volt max
Hope this helps,
I look forward to useign the temp probe.
The Program feature is real nice....Works awsome with the GM SX12

Hope this helps,
-Stephen <><

Mr. Shookie 02-18-2005 09:22 AM

You got PM

Originally posted by drx
Yeah I think that might help.....

but you kinda lost me on the "42 volts" thing.

I'm thinkingthat temp probe might just be worth the hassle.

Hey man, can I call you so we can talk about this charger thing?

If yes, PM me with number and a good time.

thanx

PS: I wish I would have known you were ordering. I would have paid part of your shipping for a second problbe on that order :mad: .