Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well finally RCMARKET worked out for me. I can say the rcmarket customer service have worked very good this time.

Now, i ordered the chassis, towers and belt tensioner.

Only item i didnt got because out of stock its the upper deck on carbon fiber material for the Cyclone S, any way to get it online ?

thanks for your help guys !

Pat
Thankyou Pat !
no stock items is Japan HPI no stock ,
so we same not have stock now .
Old 05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am running the "s" but upgrading slowly. You are right i have to much droop. I was thinking about it backwards. Car was loose i the back under braking and i was maiking it worse! thats what happens when you dont set foot on a tr4ack for a couple of years
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
you have an eta on when they will be out?
The LCD's will be out this month.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

awesome stuff!!

any of u guys like the R9-R body by any chance?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by m8commando
The LCD's will be out this month.
DON'T YOU MEAN 2 WEEKS LMAO
CCFM
Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I thought they were breaking at the rear hingepin holder. I cut off everything behind it. It did look like a weak spot if you backed it into something hard enough.
Yeah rear pivot block, but i remember putting in the aluminum pivot block that it was quite tight. I glance a wall coming out of a corner with the rear wheel and a few people watching me said gee you didnt hit the wall that hard.
I figure that the aluminium had less give and placed more stress on the chassis at that point.

Im thinking about going back to the tub chassis as it will put extra weight on the car for a lipo and i can just use some of those lipo stick packs instead of having to tape batteries in the car (and i already have a few for my mini )
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I really like the "s". I couldnt afford or justify $400-$500 for a new TC but i can upgrade it a little at a time. It might be more expensive in the long run but not a lot to be truthful. I already have the whole drive train and no the shocks. I dont really see the need for anything else for a while running RCGT. I already have a decent amout of lead just to get to weight and the tub helps with the traction.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
DON'T YOU MEAN 2 WEEKS LMAO
CCFM
really?!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default hara springs

hi, anyone familiar with hara springs ver 1. can't figure out which is the equivalent of the hpi blue and pink springs.

hara springs are in kg while hpi are in lbs.

thanks.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello all, I am trying to complete my build and mounted a Tekin Redline in my chassis and it looks like it touches the lower plate. Is this correct or do I need to do something different?
Since this is my first brushless combo with this chassis I dont have anything to compare to. All help and tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Ron P.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigz
hi, anyone familiar with hara springs ver 1. can't figure out which is the equivalent of the hpi blue and pink springs.

hara springs are in kg while hpi are in lbs.

thanks.
If they haven't changed....the Hara springs are progressive and the HPI's are linear. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's sort of like apples to oranges.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
If they haven't changed....the Hara springs are progressive and the HPI's are linear. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's sort of like apples to oranges.
Hey Failure. That's the problem with the internet. Someone spews out some info and everyone treats it as fact. I keep hearing at the track that the Hara Springs are progressive cause they read it on the internet.

A progressive spring has a non-constant pitch or non-constant diameter. Take a look at your precious Hara spring. It's fixed pitch and fixed diameter. That means it's linear.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not trying to step on your toes Ling, but I will agree that the construction of the spring itself is "linear"... The springs still feel as if they are "progressive" on the track. Even Hara himself says that. They are similar to the Xray springs which are just rated with a spring constant rather than a spring rate.

-Korey
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Korey - you really should learn not to agree with STLNLST on anything. It's a slippery slope. It will be a matter of time before you show up to the track in a dress.

Sorry - my fingers aren't calibrated enough to differentiate a progressive spring from a linear one, and I don't know what a progressive spring is supposed to feel like on the track. What matters is if the spring works - then it really doesn't matter if it's progressive or linear - unless you are an engineer and you need to know why.

I do know that if you hand a Hara spring over to any engineer - they willl tell you that it's linear. And I bet that if I ever get a change to measure it - they will measure linear.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

LOL too funny. Maybe we should have you measure the hpi pro 4 springs and the hara springs for the heck of it sometime.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.