Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ignore this guy....he tends to be a complainer all the time.Sell the car and move on to another thread to irritate others.Sell crazy someplace else.

Originally Posted by mac853
The only thing i could, is cover the top side of mount with decals, that i did already, or maybe i will change the flat 1 of RC Square if i could find in HK in Monday.
About the washer is not big deal, in case i have the spare 1 from aluminium diff cup, but i think is due the copper washer which made the corrosion of the silver 1, i guess.
About the other i want to tell is, also the spool/one way is not well made, the CNC machinering of HB didn't made well in round side of this part.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Without going back to the beginning of the thread, what does the different degrees of the front pivot blocks do (1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3)??
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team STPN
Without going back to the beginning of the thread, what does the different degrees of the front pivot blocks do (1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3)??
Did you get a Cyclone? Finally got rid of the TC5????
Old 05-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team STPN
I ask this same question a few weeks ago and not one of the Cyclone so call racers didn't know or answer my question. It is for inboard toe out which is the same as toe out with the front tires but you don't have to say use 1deg toe out on the front tires instead using inboard toe and get the same result.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Ignore this guy....he tends to be a complainer all the time.Sell the car and move on to another thread to irritate others.Sell crazy someplace else.
you wouldn't be upset about scratched anodized parts in your new kit?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I ask this same question a few weeks ago and not one of the Cyclone so call racers didn't know or answer my question. It is for inboard toe out which is the same as toe out with the front tires but you don't have to say use 1deg toe out on the front tires instead using inboard toe and get the same result.
Changing the inner hinge pin angles does not have the same effect as changing toe at the wheels.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It affects arm sweep-
Old 05-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I'm sorry you didn't get the help you needed because your information isn't quite accurate. Korey will be along to explain arm sweep in great detail
Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

nice
Old 05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
It affects arm sweep-
doesn't it also change wheel base?
Old 05-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry guys, looks like I missed that post.

Arm sweep is pretty useful, but it changes a few things all at once. It changes the angle of the inner hinge pins in relation to the center line of the chassis (kinda like this: \ /) , and as a result it shortens the wheelbase, and changes the steering geometry as well. If you want to isolate all the other changes it does, you'll have to change your ackerman and wheelbase accordingly. To be perfectly honest, I never do that...

If you weren't going to change anything else but the front toe block it would do as follows: Adding arm sweep will make the car enter the corner a tiny bit smoother, and create a noticeable increase in steering at the apex/middle of the corner. When you take arm sweep out, it makes the car turn in a little bit crisper, but have less steering in the middle of the corner.

Hope that's a better explanation than what you have received in the past.

-Korey
Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Did you get a Cyclone? Finally got rid of the TC5????
Yup you got it. I got tired of the one run inconsistency. Rumor has it you may change
Old 05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Not really.If it doesn't affect handling,I don't worry about something minor like that.I know its about the bling factor for some and the car needs to look perfect.To each their own.Just hoping he will keep his negativity out of this thread.
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
you wouldn't be upset about scratched anodized parts in your new kit?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Sorry guys, looks like I missed that post.

Arm sweep is pretty useful, but it changes a few things all at once. It changes the angle of the inner hinge pins in relation to the center line of the chassis (kinda like this: \ /) , and as a result it shortens the wheelbase, and changes the steering geometry as well. If you want to isolate all the other changes it does, you'll have to change your ackerman and wheelbase accordingly. To be perfectly honest, I never do that...

If you weren't going to change anything else but the front toe block it would do as follows: Adding arm sweep will make the car enter the corner a tiny bit smoother, and create a noticeable increase in steering at the apex/middle of the corner. When you take arm sweep out, it makes the car turn in a little bit crisper, but have less steering in the middle of the corner.

Hope that's a better explanation than what you have received in the past.

-Korey
Ahhh Arm sweep, I get it thanks Korey....
Old 05-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (73%+)

Has anyone ever run a solid axle both front and rear on their cyclone???

I just purchased two to try this... I know it will push into the corner but I'm willing to give it a try lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.