Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 03-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
That was at the 2008 Worlds..... and yes, it's still early.

We need LiPO racing to become popular in Asia and Europe before the ball really gets rolling.

Until then, more lead sir?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Very similar! Does anything else work in a pinch?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Very similar! Does anything else work in a pinch?
The XRAY Hubs might work. I know the XRAY steering blocks fit the HPI C-hubs. It might be worth looking into if you can't find the HPI hubs anywhere.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Give Speedworld a call. Their located in Rossville, CA. Home of the 2009 Reedy Race of Champions.

Also be sure to get the pulley for the Ver.3 Spool. It's not included with the spool.
#61051 - 39T Pulley for Oneway/Spool

Also get the graphite C-hubs not the weaker Cyclone S C-Hubs.
#73518 - 4 Degree Carbon Graphite C-Hubs

Or try ' stormerhobbies.com ', they have the Ver.3 spool and the C-hub in stock!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EJ20
Or try ' stormerhobbies.com ', they have the Ver.3 spool and the C-hub in stock!
Thanks. They must have just gotten some stuff in stock, i could have sworn i looked there. Actually it looks like we may be getting a carpet track so i might just stick with the diffs after all.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone use the brass Lipo tray they sell at Stormer with a Thunderpower 40c 5000?If so,how!?I had to balance my car with lead which is hideous and I am a little irritated with it and the fact the guy at Stormer said it would work fine with no issues.HELP! I should have waited for the PPD.

Car was excellent today.1st time racing onroad in almost a year.Hiro's BCR setup on Hotbodiesonline is an excellent base setup to start with. Was by far the easiest car I have driven or should say it was easy to drive fast.Qualifying was easy,but....Too many cobwebs and jitters in the Main cost me an easy win,and so another wasted TQ.Oh well.Still happy with this car.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
Anyone use the brass Lipo tray they sell at Stormer with a Thunderpower 40c 5000?If so,how!?I had to balance my car with lead which is hideous and I am a little irritated with it and the fact the guy at Stormer said it would work fine with no issues.HELP! I should have waited for the PPD.

Car was excellent today.1st time racing onroad in almost a year.Hiro's BCR setup on Hotbodiesonline is an excellent base setup to start with. Was by far the easiest car I have driven or should say it was easy to drive fast.Qualifying was easy,but....Too many cobwebs and jitters in the Main cost me an easy win,and so another wasted TQ.Oh well.Still happy with this car.
I TQ'd and won my last tme there. Set up is on www.gearchart.com
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I TQ'd and won my last tme there. Set up is on www.gearchart.com
The setups that you, Scotty and Hiro have posted have alot of similarities.I will have to check it out again.Too bad your running the Tamiya man.I drove a 415 msx mre,a 416 WCE a 415 MSX{IMO was the best of the 3 tamiyas} and have to say,the Cyclone TC was as good as the best of the 3 I have driven if not better.Dont get me wrong,I just think you gave up on the car too prematurely because of breakage.The Tamiyas are just as prone.To each there own.I dont run for HB,so I have no ties to being loyal to the brand,but you cant beat a design that is going on 4 years and its still as fast as anything else in the world.I almost dont want them to go away from the design and create a new car.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
The setups that you, Scotty and Hiro have posted have alot of similarities.I will have to check it out again.Too bad your running the Tamiya man.I drove a 415 msx mre,a 416 WCE a 415 MSX{IMO was the best of the 3 tamiyas} and have to say,the Cyclone TC was as good as the best of the 3 I have driven if not better.Dont get me wrong,I just think you gave up on the car too prematurely because of breakage.The Tamiyas are just as prone.To each there own.I dont run for HB,so I have no ties to being loyal to the brand,but you cant beat a design that is going on 4 years and its still as fast as anything else in the world.I almost dont want them to go away from the design and create a new car.
Breakage wasn't a problem. I just got tired of over seas orders. It started to take it's toll on me I hear HB USA has worked out their ordering kinks but for me it was a little too late. It's still hands down the best sedan I have driven on asphalt. The Tamiya feels just like it IMO and I can get parts for it and I'm not forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle Sounds like you guys had fun for the season opener. Too bad I missed it. I will be up there to slice and dice with you guys after the Reedy Race. Now go to bed lil one....
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm not forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle
ha - I thought about doing a necklace with all the (useless) rear hubs I have left...

Paul
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE= forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle[/QUOTE]

+ 1

On another note I noticed the growing trend of manufactures striving for a lower internal drive ratio. example the Xray is now 1,7 IDR! compared to our 2,16. Besides being able to use Larger Spurs and smaller pinions what are the added benefits and has anyone experimented with this?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
+ 1

On another note I noticed the growing trend of manufactures striving for a lower internal drive ratio. example the Xray is now 1,7 IDR! compared to our 2,16. Besides being able to use Larger Spurs and smaller pinions what are the added benefits and has anyone experimented with this?
Depending on how it's done, it can also bend or pinch the belt less, providing a little bit less friction in the drivetrain. I know if you keep the diff pulleys the same, and just enlarge the center pulleys (like HB did on the TC kit), it should free up the drivetrain a tiny bit.

Xray did this back in the day with the T1 platform

-Korey
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Depending on how it's done, it can also bend or pinch the belt less, providing a little bit less friction in the drivetrain. I know if you keep the diff pulleys the same, and just enlarge the center pulleys (like HB did on the TC kit), it should free up the drivetrain a tiny bit.

Xray did this back in the day with the T1 platform

-Korey

Hmmm so now that I'm at 2,16 with the TC is there anyway to get it lower. Example will another manufactures pulley/belt work if so which ones?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
Hara in TITC 09 same is use Cyclone TC only !
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rc market..

RCMARKET do you have estimated date for receive cyclone tc kits?? ( i am just waiting to your restock)

TC SPEC owners or rc market:

i Am planning to change the frot driveshafts, lannyn to change the aluminium originals for steel ones

does 3 racing 3r-cy-14 driveshaft fits on tcspec?

and HB61398 44mmHD universal driveshaft ver.2 fits on the originals universal axles?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.