Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

HPI also have genuin alloy hubs for the cyclone.

However the standard hubs and arms that come with the cyclone S are really pov. The carbon graphite ones are better but they still break fairly easy.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

honestly the stock s hubs are weaker than the replacements, not sure why. almost everyone i know (including myself) who runs/ ran a cyclone s has broken a front hub. once you replace them they dont usually break again.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They are not just weaker... its like they were specifically designed so that they could with stand the rigours of having the kit sent out by regular post and noobs putting the kit together :P

If you see cheap cyclone C hubs make sure they are not the plastic ones from the Cyclone S kit.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8
I just got the plastic tub Cyclone S. It was a fun build. But I got about 5 laps out of it before I broke a front hub and a very light tap at that. The part (HBS73507) is out of stock, I hope that in not a bad sign of it's durability.

Is there an aluminum upgrade for the front hubs?
We run the Cyclone S as a spec sedan in club racing and if you add a wide front bumper you'll be set. We use the BRP wide TC3 bumper cut and modified to fit. Works great.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC8
I just got the plastic tub Cyclone S. It was a fun build. But I got about 5 laps out of it before I broke a front hub and a very light tap at that. The part (HBS73507) is out of stock, I hope that in not a bad sign of it's durability.

Is there an aluminum upgrade for the front hubs?
that is surprising, i rarely break suspension parts,and im not that great a driver

try the hard material ones, thats what I use
Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi, just a question, can Kimborough 48 spurs be used in the TC?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hello, i read pages in this and other forums about Cyclone TC, i see all specs and diff with the old car, is there diferents much parts.

This year i changed my old "Surikan Edition" (blue cyclone ), for a TOP Scythe, well, now i think to go back to HB, i have my old cyclone and read in some previous posts about updating with new pieces of the Cyclone TC, and the car still competitive, sure...i think is a good car.

But, i like to know, if anybody change from "Hara,Surikan,Black old cyclones" to a new TC, your feeling in the track.

I am preparing the cyclone, for a test and compare with the TOP in the same circumstances, if I decide by HB, probably purchases the new TC.

Thanks, Luis C.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic
Hello, i read pages in this and other forums about Cyclone TC, i see all specs and diff with the old car, is there diferents much parts.

This year i changed my old "Surikan Edition" (blue cyclone ), for a TOP Scythe, well, now i think to go back to HB, i have my old cyclone and read in some previous posts about updating with new pieces of the Cyclone TC, and the car still competitive, sure...i think is a good car.

But, i like to know, if anybody change from "Hara,Surikan,Black old cyclones" to a new TC, your feeling in the track.

I am preparing the cyclone, for a test and compare with the TOP in the same circumstances, if I decide by HB, probably purchases the new TC.

Thanks, Luis C.

i think the big differences are the swing arm designs, the chassis, and the diff. i am running a pro spec diff in my surikarn and can tell you the difference is night and day with that. as for the other stuff i dont know.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The biggest difference in my opinion is the Pro Spec ball diff. It's WAY more durable in the diff screw. Plus it's rediculously smooth with 12, 3mm diff balls.

I know some will disagree with me on this, but I looove the new suspension arms. They are more adjustable because they give you a whoppin' 5 shock positions on the rear arm, and 4 for the front. Just helps tune your car in for more tracks.

The next biggest thing is the chassis package. The upper decks, and lower deck are ATC post capable. So if you are running on a REALLY high grip track, you can add some posts to stiffen the chassis up a bit. The rear deck is also made out of a FRP material that is a little more flexible, which makes the car more stable. A lot of the team is cutting that rear deck to allow even more flex in the rear for extra stability on asphalt.

Another really cool change compared to your surikarn edition is the shock towers and upper bulkheads. The upper bulkheads are beefed up a little bit more, and also have shock towers with almost twice as many shock positions for very fine tuning adjustments.

Hope that helps you out!

-Korey
Old 12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
Hi, just a question, can Kimborough 48 spurs be used in the TC?
I have a kimbrough 64pitch spur gear on my car now. Unless they changed the mounting holes, it should fit fine. I'm not sure what sizes you'll use though. Just make sure to tighten the screws down evenly because instead of 4 screws, there will only be 2 screws.

-Korey
Old 12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Im just wondering how people go about building there shocks. How much rebound? do you run rebound foam?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default front wheel

Hi guys, I got a problem with my cyclone TC, I notice now that the front inside wheel wiggles a lot on cornering. Is there any cure for this? Will it happen that the rear tires rotates more than the front tires? Thanks.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Im just wondering how people go about building there shocks. How much rebound? do you run rebound foam?
I tend not to use any foam in the shock, it can give too much rebound.

For carpet with rubber tyres, I set rebound somewhere between 25%-50%, which loses some responsiveness and makes the car easier to drive.

On tarmac I usually run 75%-100% rebound, mainly depending on how bumpy the track is.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default VTA Gearing troubles

I have a Cyclone S and I need help gearing it to race VTA. My hobby shop experts gave me a 78T Spur and 45T pinion to hit the 4.1-4.3 ratio in the rules for the 21.5/Lipo combo..Trouble is I can't get the 2 gears to even touch...Anyone know a better combo to achieve this in this car?
Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replys guys, peetiewonder and Korey Harbke help me very much.

Greetings, Luis C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.