Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpower36
Hi from england!- i have a feeling this will only apply to the brit cyclone owners, but we race on a very low grip wooden polished floor, and i just wondered if anyone has any set up pointers? i have done the best I can so far, long camber links, shumacher 20 mm mini pins, 20- 30 cwt oil etc, but would like to take the car up a level. i use a novak 8.5 and lipo for the benefits of low maintenance, and I know thats ridiculous for such conditions, and the car is ok, but no more than that. would tightening the belt help straighten the car under hard acceleration? anyone advise on the droop etc? thanks for your help
My experience, I had a race that the track condition was so dusty and a bit bumpy. Made the car so loose and almost drifting on turns. Used low weight damping on the rear without stabs and loosened my rear diff on almost to slip. I think once you tighten the belt tension, yes it gets harder acceleration but it can generate twitchyness on corners on power.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
If you had harder springs in the rear than the front, the rear inside tire will most likely lift up in the corners. That will drive all the power to the rear inside tire, and not to the outside as well. This will destroy any power being transfered from the car to the ground, reducing corner speed.

Not to mention the car would be really hard to drive. Usually it would be really loose in the rear. It would spin out too easy.

Hope that made sense

-Korey
Yep , that makes sense , thanks Korey
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Right after taking some time off to go full size car racing im back again for the winter.

Iv dusted off the WCE and it is having its first run back next week. What new parts from the cyclone TC fit the WCE?

Also going lipo do the orion 3800's fit ok?

Thanks

Dan
Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

What new parts?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

All the tc parts transfer over to all the other cyclone models except the atc posts. In order to use those you need the tc upper deck and the tc chassis since it has the holes. However the only two parts that the tc has that are worthwhile are the new suspension arms and especially the new rear diff.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes

yup - they drop right in, worst case file a bit of the motor mount where the top deck hooks on. You have to be able to flex the car without binding.

For info, WCE is still just as competitive as TC for 99.9% of us

Paul
Old 10-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shadow102
All the tc parts transfer over to all the other cyclone models except the atc posts. In order to use those you need the tc upper deck and the tc chassis since it has the holes. However the only two parts that the tc has that are worthwhile are the new suspension arms and especially the new rear diff.
So the new chassis only has battery trays and atc post holes?
Might look into the arms but they dont seem to offer much more, thanks anyway. I didnt really have much problems with the old diff but i might get the pro spec to try.

Originally Posted by Lonestar
yup - they drop right in, worst case file a bit of the motor mount where the top deck hooks on. You have to be able to flex the car without binding.

Paul
I wont bother changing that much by the sounds of things. Just give it a rebuild and get the thumbs back up to speed!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Paul
As I understand, TC is just replacement of WCE, doesn't mean as its sucessor, just totally step back, some option parts could not included as WCE had.
All WCE users of our town, didn't change for TC, instead of car users of another makes.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have recently purchased a wce-is the new chassis available?what does it offer compared to the wce-have to excuse me i have been running tc5 for a while and have not kept up with this thread,thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

hi , i went back trought my car to clean it , rebuild it and when it came to shock rebuild , i wanted to rebuild them so i put some oil blah blah blah and when i closed the cap and i was compressing it the shaft came back like normally but then it started leaking even after the fith time i was compressing it so i took of the spring and compressed the shaft but it came back slowly not like in the begining .
Is there a way to fix this please ?
Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
I have recently purchased a wce-is the new chassis available?what does it offer compared to the wce-have to excuse me i have been running tc5 for a while and have not kept up with this thread,thanks
Steve...go to http://hotbodiesonline.com/kit.php?partNo=67700&lang=en

It's the Hotbodies website and there you can read about the car
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Right after taking some time off to go full size car racing im back again for the winter.

Iv dusted off the WCE and it is having its first run back next week. What new parts from the cyclone TC fit the WCE?

Thanks

Dan
IMO...The only part worth having from the new TC to put on the WCE has been the pro spec diff. So far I don't really care for the new arm shock locations. The car is either too lazy or very responsive. I also didn't like that I had to cut the sway bars to run the new sway bar mounting hardware. You also can't run the recommend 1mm spacing that the instruction say to use on the sway bar links. That has it rubbing the drive shaft. Looks like they tried to somewhat get the sway bars to be perfectly adjustable just like th TC5. The WCE with the pro spec diff is all you need to stay in the front of the pack.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spring rates

I have been trying to get the Hot Bodies spring ordered from my LHS.
No fault of theirs however I need these springs or alternates
I can get Xray or Tamiya

I guess I need springs that are comparable to HARA back and Purple

Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trickd122
I have been trying to get the Hot Bodies spring ordered from my LHS.
No fault of theirs however I need these springs or alternates
I can get Xray or Tamiya

I guess I need springs that are comparable to HARA back and Purple

Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated
I run the Xray springs since they were easier to get compared to the Hara springs. I did back to back tests this weekend with the Hara springs (progressive) and the Xray (linear) and found that the car had better response and overall feel with the linear springs. The lap times also showed this to be true. The only way you're going to be able to get those springs will probably be thru rcmarket. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I run the Xray springs since they were easier to get compared to the Hara springs. I did back to back tests this weekend with the Hara springs (progressive) and the Xray (linear) and found that the car had better response and overall feel with the linear springs. The lap times also showed this to be true. The only way you're going to be able to get those springs will probably be thru rcmarket. Good luck.
But was this test officially approved by the NPG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.