Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 07-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
Hi, I have a question about on what situation should I use the rebound foam? Or not?
I would play around with it and see what you personally like. I have tried with and without and really can't say that it's changed the way the car felt running the exact same set up. However....the next time I decide to run something in the cap I'm using o-rings instead of the foam.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I want to add more flex to my cyclone and know the new TC version has adjustable flex. Is this something that can be put on the older cyclone and is so anybody have the part number?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
I want to add more flex to my cyclone and know the new TC version has adjustable flex. Is this something that can be put on the older cyclone and is so anybody have the part number?
Adjustable flex ? Really ? How ?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Adjustable flex ? Really ? How ?
The main new feature of the upper deck is that it is compatible with our new Adjustable Torsion Control system, or ATC for short. The ATC posts are 2-piece anodized aluminum posts that connect the main chassis and upper deck with variable levels of stiffness. These posts can be left unattached for free lateral movement of the front end, giving you extra traction and steering control, or they can be attached to the upper deck with o-rings of various densities to adjust the level of chassis twist you want to get. You can also use the posts in their 'solid' configuration to firmly attach the front end of the upper deck to the main chassis. Yet another first from Hot Bodies, to give you the best results on the track!

found the part

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61283&lang=en
Old 07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
The main new feature of the upper deck is that it is compatible with our new Adjustable Torsion Control system, or ATC for short. The ATC posts are 2-piece anodized aluminum posts that connect the main chassis and upper deck with variable levels of stiffness. These posts can be left unattached for free lateral movement of the front end, giving you extra traction and steering control, or they can be attached to the upper deck with o-rings of various densities to adjust the level of chassis twist you want to get. You can also use the posts in their 'solid' configuration to firmly attach the front end of the upper deck to the main chassis. Yet another first from Hot Bodies, to give you the best results on the track!

found the part

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61283&lang=en
Yes Hara had in Euro Championship used !
Old 07-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have made a custom fiberglass rear top deck to mine Cyclone WCE. It does seem to improve rear traction.

You can buy the rear top deck from the TC (i believe it fits the regular cyclone) as soon at it becames available (i just couldnt wait, hence the homemade top deck ).
Old 07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Hi, how often do most of people rebuild there diff, because mine after 30 minutes of run when i turn one wheel the other one will rotate in diferent way (that's normall) but it will rotate like if there was no diff grease in it like if it was grinding, and how do you adjust it very tight or very smooth .
Could someone tell me when to adjust a diff very tight or very smooth.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I would play around with it and see what you personally like. I have tried with and without and really can't say that it's changed the way the car felt running the exact same set up. However....the next time I decide to run something in the cap I'm using o-rings instead of the foam.
Thanks! Clint. I was thinking if it will less aggressive w/o the foam, easy for the tires ( less overheat )? Especially at SpeedWorld? And hopefully if you know what's the best inserts for the track? I heard a rumor about RP insert?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks! Clint. I was thinking if it will less aggressive w/o the foam, easy for the tires ( less overheat )? Especially at SpeedWorld? And hopefully if you know what's the best inserts for the track? I heard a rumor about RP insert?
I'll be at speedworld tomorrow testing for the speedworld cup so if you're local come on out. For the Reedy race I didn't have any foams in the shocks and the car worked great. If time allows I may put the o-rings in after a pack or two. I haven't used the RP insert in anything other than RP's but you know me....I'll try it out and see how I like it. So far I really like the purple Hara firm insert in Sorex 36's.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be at speedworld tomorrow testing for the speedworld cup so if you're local come on out. For the Reedy race I didn't have any foams in the shocks and the car worked great. If time allows I may put the o-rings in after a pack or two. I haven't used the RP insert in anything other than RP's but you know me....I'll try it out and see how I like it. So far I really like the purple Hara firm insert in Sorex 36's.
Thanks for your informations. I won't be able to make it until next weekend, so hopefully I have enough time to set it up by time. By the way, do you know what insert Billy gonna use in the tire combo for sale at that time?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for your informations. I won't be able to make it until next weekend, so hopefully I have enough time to set it up by time. By the way, do you know what insert Billy gonna use in the tire combo for sale at that time?
I'm not sure but I will speak with him today and relay the info back to you once I get home.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Just got my cyclone today looks great and drives good so far. The problem is the car came with a 16t one way pulley and a front one way...neither of which i have a use for. I was wondering if somebody by chance wanted to trade for a 18t solid pulley setup and a front spool
Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Billy is still in the testing stages with the inserts so everyone will have to wait a little longer before he decides on what will be the premount he is going to release.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Billy is still in the testing stages with the inserts so everyone will have to wait a little longer before he decides on what will be the premount he is going to release.
Thanks!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Setups

Im sorry if this has been asked before. But is there a website with a cllection of current setups for the Cyclone's(I own a Cyclone TC)? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.