Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new Cyclone TC will be available in a couple of month actually.

But here is the thing. The new Cyclone will have so many updates like main chassis, top deck, shock towers (F/R), diffs (F/R), bulk heads (F/R), suspension arms, sway bar holder, etc. However, current WCE kit (Andy Moore Edition) still has some better points too. (new Cyclone TC has steel turnbuckles, non-coated hinge pins, etc)

We made the new Cyclone TC at a lot more affordable price this time. So I wouldn't say that updating the Cyclone you have is cheaper (or easier because there is so many parts you will have to update) than just buying another new kit.

In addition, like I said the new Cyclone will have a lot of new features, I would consider the new Cyclone will be the flagship model.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CYCLONE TC many Alum. parts ( Servo mount , 10x15 bearing holder ... & titanium parts not have .
& is old type motor mount .
Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
That makes sense.I guess I will be ordering the new diff then.You running Reedy this year?You should.
Thats all I want, the multi diff is cool, but I rarely run a one way...

I want to, probably will if Grant goes, I will decide closer to the day

Heres my layout on my cyclone, shoo goo'd the servo so its up more, a long grub screw for a steering linkage, then FASST RX, and TC Sphere all on the chassis, nothing has to hang off Pics arent to great, was all shade in my backyard lol

Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So is this version of the Cyclone a replacement of the AME car?Is it the new High end spec sedan for HB?I have a brand new AME that I can just update or are there huge changes other then the diff?

Hebiki,it's cool to see you branch out to a different brand besides the Big T.The cyclone from the original black version have been super fast and is still fast and I like the idea of upgrading rather then replacing.Hopefully we get a Hotbodies series race up here sometime.
2boys1cup..aka mr. hicks..

ive branched out before (yokomo BD, xray T2, and more recently TC5). but none really fit my driving style (if you can call on/off, full wood all the time a driving style) ... until i tried Hiro's car at BCR. now i just need to decide if i should purchase a AME now...or wait for the Cyclone TC. a "couple" of months is a long time.

the car is definitely fast and consistent for me with steering ive been looking for/wanting.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What Ling and I do in our own time....well it's everyones business now.

The Cyclone{and all its variants} has been the best car I have owned so far.I have raced them all.Its fast on carpet but it kills on asphalt.I have had every version,including the Surikarn Blue and they always feel the same which is why I was asking about the new version.Since its a couple months out,I will just run the AME.You racing the Reedy? Should be a fun race.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Heres my layout on my cyclone, shoo goo'd the servo so its up more, a long grub screw for a steering linkage, then FASST RX, and TC Sphere all on the chassis, nothing has to hang off Pics arent to great, was all shade in my backyard lol

You have been hanging around Scotty B too much.Very nice.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What Ling and I do in our own time....well it's everyones business now.

The Cyclone{and all its variants} has been the best car I have owned so far.I have raced them all.Its fast on carpet but it kills on asphalt.I have had every version,including the Surikarn Blue and they always feel the same which is why I was asking about the new version.Since its a couple months out,I will just run the AME.You racing the Reedy? Should be a fun race.
unfortunately no reedy for me. so someone else has to step up and dominate the G-main like i did last year. but i definitely need to hit up norcal for some racing at norcal hobbies and speedworld.

looks like i need an AME for myself also.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

You have been hanging around Scotty B too much.Very nice.
Haha, thanks man!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
unfortunately no reedy for me. so someone else has to step up and dominate the G-main like i did last year. but i definitely need to hit up norcal for some racing at norcal hobbies and speedworld.

looks like i need an AME for myself also.
That will be me if I go lmao! G main here I come!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
The new Cyclone TC will be available in a couple of month actually.

But here is the thing. The new Cyclone will have so many updates like main chassis, top deck, shock towers (F/R), diffs (F/R), bulk heads (F/R), suspension arms, sway bar holder, etc. However, current WCE kit (Andy Moore Edition) still has some better points too. (new Cyclone TC has steel turnbuckles, non-coated hinge pins, etc)

We made the new Cyclone TC at a lot more affordable price this time. So I wouldn't say that updating the Cyclone you have is cheaper (or easier because there is so many parts you will have to update) than just buying another new kit.

In addition, like I said the new Cyclone will have a lot of new features, I would consider the new Cyclone will be the flagship model.

Thanks,
the new cyclone has steel turnbuckles, steel hinge pins/shocks shafts and its your flaghsip model?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
the new cyclone has steel turnbuckles, steel hinge pins/shocks shafts and its your flaghsip model?

Hopefully they release a limited edition at some point.They have to bring the price point down to get the car to be reasonably priced.Have to compete with the AE's of the world and their 349 dollar car.The steel items won't effect performance,but may be less durable as the hardened/alum diff halves and Ti items on the AME.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Yes the car out now is still making other company go back to the drawing board.. i think they should of took alittle longer and made it lipo ready i hear Serpent is working on this and for flagship i dont think so look at the WC its a Hara With upgrades now u have the TC and u do have alot of what the WC comes with i think if u want a flagship u take the WC and add the new parts and now u have a falgship car
Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

I have a friend that makes hinge pins for me and no problems
Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

bor could you give me a setup for speedworld?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes I would still say it's gonna be our flagship model. Our team drivers used this new Cyclone TC with some option parts at the TITC (titanium turnbuckles, Kashima-coated shock bodies, aluminum pro-spec diff out-drives, etc).
Even if the car will have steel turnbuckles, we will have the titanium turnbuckle set as option parts so don't worry about it.

Of-course it is also a good way to add some update parts on the WCE(AME) too. But if you do this way, you will need to buy more parts than adding option parts on the Cyclone TC though.

BTW, good point racenut123!!
Our price for this car is very affordable. We could make this happened with keeping the same High-quality.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So the new bulkheads fit the old cyclone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.