Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elboogie
thanks for the info I will try that as well. that is the reason why I post my problems here because I know that the answers you get are helpful

Just out of interest... where have all your screws broken... Mine all broke just above the diff nut.... Hence, after reading the build guide below, and seeing what Hara's done on his car I thought it’s reasonable to give his method a try. So far it’s turned out well for me....

I'm assuming that the diff nut has trouble sitting perpendicular to the screw and gets kinked over and snaps, but with the washer in place the nut must sit better in the diff housing and its all good from there... IMO

Hara Building Guide

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-diff-nut-washer.jpg  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Just out of interest... where have all your screws broken... Mine all broke just above the diff nut.... Hence, after reading the build guide below, and seeing what Hara's done on his car I thought it’s reasonable to give his method a try. So far it’s turned out well for me....

I'm assuming that the diff nut has trouble sitting perpendicular to the screw and gets kinked over and snaps, but with the washer in place the nut must sit better in the diff housing and its all good from there... IMO

Hara Building Guide

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Yes this is a good tips for the plastic diff but it's not possible with the aluminium diff, because the blade will touch the nut if you add a washer.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

As ive said before its all in the diff build,ive only ever broke 2 in 2 years of running the car.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S_fender
Yes this is a good tips for the plastic diff but it's not possible with the aluminium diff, because the blade will touch the nut if you add a washer.
Strange... I've never notice a problem with doing this in either delrin or aluminium outdrives...
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I never broke a diff screw until recently when i was pulling my diff out of my car and the screw snapped.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Here's another question. (keeping you guys on your toes....lol)

I use 45 wgt oil in the front shocks and 40 in the rear. The springs that I use in the front is stiffer than those in the rear (basic onroad set up).

Here is my question.

When I place my car on my setup board, even though everything in the front of the car is stiffer, when I compress the front and back end, the back end feels stiffer.

Is it just me?

Mind you, I have a good setup, the shock positions in the towers aren't irregular, they are placed in a regular set up position that you will find on all cars so there isn't anything drastic that I do different.

i just thought that it was weird that the back of the car feels stiffer even though everything is set up on the front to be stiffer.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by savageguy
I never broke a diff screw until recently when i was pulling my diff out of my car and the screw snapped.
I think that I am overtighetening my diff.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

have you checked your pistons? if you only have a one hole in the rear and a 3 hole in the font that would make a difference.

if not maybe something is binding?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Elboogie, Ive found that pretty normal in all cars.
I would guess its the angle of the shocks.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fjm9898
have you checked your pistons? if you only have a one hole in the rear and a 3 hole in the font that would make a difference.

if not maybe something is binding?
#2 hole all the way around. I mean it isn't a big deal because the car is hooked but I just thought that it was weird for the car to feel stiffer in the front.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

In the rear i mean.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mangoman
Elboogie, Ive found that pretty normal in all cars.
I would guess its the angle of the shocks.
Thanks Mango, I thought that it was just me.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My first 6 months of runnin the cyclone NO diff probs,,,, broke one bolt stripping down a diff.....

But the last 2 days with new out drives(alli) snapped 1 and the new keeps backin off,, ive done nothin different, yes washer nut side...and i have drilled out centre to 2.5mm.aaarrrreeeerrrr! its gettin to me ....

now i even got complete spare diff 1 in, 1 out rebuild,,,,now im sure its the thrust washer setup...after a 5 min run on a new bolt there is wearing just under the bolt head thrust washer side....i tried to drill out one of these washers and they are high tensile, wich is probale cuttin the bolt...

And will some company please make a machine steel outdrive diff set.....
Old 06-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I Havent had not the first problem with any of my diff's , both of my WCE crs diff's are working great with many tear downs . and the 2 extra diff's i built for back ups are good also and them were broke in in the cars also. but it does seem to be a problem with some
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey guys

Has anyone bought the 3racing damper set for the cyclone? I need advice on how to install them please.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.