R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #14911
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Hey Clint,

If you use the tc upper deck, or the 2.5mm "solid" upper deck it has the little wings on the side for the posts. The chassis that have the holes for the posts are the chassis that comes in the tc kit, the 3.6mm solid chassis for foam tire carpet racing, and I believe the 5 cell chassis does as well. Pretty much anything with the plastic battery trays works with the posts.

I use them on my foam tire carpet setup, but I've honestly very rarely even thought about using them on asphalt or rubber tire racing in general. I have stiffened up the front and it seems to make it a little more responsive off center, but overall I get a little bit of a push from running the posts on the front of the car.

-Korey

Thanks for the info. When I use to run for Xray I always ran the chassis stiffeners on carpet with rubber tire's. Car was dialed and I'd like to duplicate it with the HB if possible.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #14912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ahh I see. The only mid/rear deck that has the wings for the rear posts is the uber thick one for foam tire carpet racing. The kit TC chassis has holes for both the front and rear posts though.
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #14913
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default akerman

What are the effects of akerman?
Is there a difference between shimming the servo saver or using position 1 on the steering knuckle.
Is it normal for the rear to always feel a alittle stiffer than the front
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #14914
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Ahh I see. The only mid/rear deck that has the wings for the rear posts is the uber thick one for foam tire carpet racing. The kit TC chassis has holes for both the front and rear posts though.
This carpet track has some high traction and I'm wondering if the other cars that are doing well have an advantage due to the slightly stiffer chassis?

Last edited by STLNLST; 01-03-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #14915
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
What are the effects of akerman?
Is there a difference between shimming the servo saver or using position 1 on the steering knuckle.
Is it normal for the rear to always feel a alittle stiffer than the front
I haven't tried it on this car yeat but when I ran the MI2....going to the position 1 hole on the knuckle seemed to increase the steering response initially. The car seemed a bit too twitchy IMO I will try it out the next time on the rug though.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #14916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
This carpet track has some high traction and I'm wondering if the other cars that are doing well have an advantage due to the slightly stiffer chassis? The HB is 2.0 and the other cars ar 2.5. The BMI HB has a thicker chassis and offers stiffer posts. Scotty doesn't have a spare BMI chassis though
that BMI setup is trash, i dumped that junk and got some genuine HB 3.6mm parts to stiffen the car up for foam tire use. the BMI kit made the passenger side rear CVD bind and it forced you to use T2 rear hinge pins. As soon as I put the genuine parts on the car felt sooooooo nice!
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #14917
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
that BMI setup is trash, i dumped that junk and got some genuine HB 3.6mm parts to stiffen the car up for foam tire use. the BMI kit made the passenger side rear CVD bind and it forced you to use T2 rear hinge pins. As soon as I put the genuine parts on the car felt sooooooo nice!
Well the BMI chassis works great for me and it also TQ'ed and won stock foam at the Snowbirds 2 or 3 years ago. And how did the chassis cause the CVD to bind? And as for the rear hinge pins its an extra tuning option the stock chassis dosen't offer for foam racing.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #14918
Tech Adept

can cyclone S fit the carbon upper deck?
from wat i see i think it need some spacer at the front posts.
d1nzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #14919
Tech Adept

what is the purpose of the center one way pullley
Tulsa TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #14920
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

I know this isn't the perfect place to ask this but...

does anyone have a spare cyclone roller for sale?? I'm looking to get another chassis and only interested in a roller

thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #14921
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11
Smile

you can not buy anymore hpi products, how many classes are you going to run at the hpi races?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #14922
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
you can not buy anymore hpi products, how many classes are you going to run at the hpi races?
i'm just looking for a chassis to run so that I don't have to swap motors between the Vintage class and the Pro Mod class

I'm also trying to track down a stock micro chassis - since I think that will be the only micro class at Ray's this year...well the only class that might have a decent turnout Plus the lipo and BL was insane last year and it would be cool to run 10 or 20 micros again instead of just barely 7 or 8
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #14923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

yeah, I have a nice stock micro chassis with a front ball diff. I would also like another cyclone chassis so I can retire my blue cyclone chassis, maybe the new TC if I could find one.
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #14924
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
yeah, I have a nice stock micro chassis with a front ball diff. I would also like another cyclone chassis so I can retire my blue cyclone chassis, maybe the new TC if I could find one.
I got all the parts for the stock micro - just not the physical chassis plate

YEah, the new TC is sweet - but out of my price range right now I love the "black" cyclone I ran last year - so much so, I think I'd move away from Tamiya and run HB only
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #14925
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
I think it works great for rubber tire use and I have personally gone through the chassis to see if it binds anywhere. I have a few tricks up my sleeve for next weekend though. We gotta knock the xray guys off at our carpet track. They have all their ducks in a row and have been tough to beat.