Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #14821
Tech Addict

I use the kit servo horn as this was what the car was deisgned with
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #14822
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have a Cyclone TC on the way and I have downloaded some setup sheets from HB's website. I will most likely start with Andy Moore's 2008 IIC rubber tire setup as we are in the middle of the indoor carpet season here. That should give me a good baseline hopefully. I noticed on this setup that Andy used Tamiya White springs in the front, and Tamiya Blue in the rear. I wonder why he did not use HB or HPI springs? Does HB/HPI not make a comparable spring to these?
Zdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #14823
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

That is a very good starting point setup.

Tamiya white springs are little bit stiffer than the HPI gold ones included in the kit. The HPI silver ones are just about the same as Tamiya blue. I guess he wanted to go 'all tamiya' as the springs from different manufacturer are claimed to be felt different on the track. The kit springs are OK for most of the tracks so no need to worry.

Note that the IIC setup has 3 hole pistons and the kit comes with 2 hole pistons. Also get the 0 degree or 1 degree front pivot mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdiddy View Post
Hey guys, I have a Cyclone TC on the way and I have downloaded some setup sheets from HB's website. I will most likely start with Andy Moore's 2008 IIC rubber tire setup as we are in the middle of the indoor carpet season here. That should give me a good baseline hopefully. I noticed on this setup that Andy used Tamiya White springs in the front, and Tamiya Blue in the rear. I wonder why he did not use HB or HPI springs? Does HB/HPI not make a comparable spring to these?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #14824
Tech Addict

I find pink front and silver rear to give a good balance
Old 12-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #14825
Tech Addict

does anybody know how thick the topdeck is on the wce spec kit?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #14826
Tech Adept

Well I ran my cyclone last night for the first time and had fun with it, the car handeled well for me most of the night I did try and change a few things through out the night but never came up with anything better than what I started with. I just need to spend time driving the original setup I got it with. It was previously owned by a local pro class driver and he turns 35-36 laps consistantly on our track(rubber points champ) The car had alot of front bight and stuck in the corner pretty good. I tried some sorex's for the first time and really liked them,then went back to the jaco blues for the changes I was about to make. I changed the camber and ride height and it did even better so I changed the rear block to a 2.5 and the rear was so loose it would almost want to endo in the corner so I pulled and learned to never do that again, seeing I was running 1.0 in the front anyways advice is always considered so tell me what you think I have been thinking of going to the andy moore setup and trying it out. Would that be wise If I know this is a good setup minus the weight I am missing. Maybe thats all I am missing is the extra weight.
Tulsa TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #14827
Tech Adept

Default one way pulley

what is the diff between running the center one way pulley along with the 16t pulley it comes with and running two 16 pulleys in the center
Old 12-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #14828
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3 View Post
what is the diff between running the center one way pulley along with the 16t pulley it comes with and running two 16 pulleys in the center
I'm not sure I follow your question
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #14829
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'm not sure I follow your question
I think he wants to know the benefits to running a center one-way...

Center one-ways are used for off-power situations only...allows the car to break without breaking the front wheels loose. Used as a tuning option, but not many people run them.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #14830
Tech Elite

Quote:
I usually just use the one the servo comes with, someone has to know this?
Actually most servos just come with an X-arm, not an arm with specific length, thickness, etc. The kit one should be fine though.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #14831
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Center one ways tend to give a little bit more steering for the most part, but it is a different kind of steering. I think they actually make the steering feel less "direct" because it actually prevents the drag of the drivetrain, and the natural dragbrake of the motor to transfer weight to the front when letting off the thottle. Instead, It tends to just make the back end float around a bit.

It can be good on really wide open tracks that have a lot of grip. I usually only ran them with a front one way as well. Otherwise it just kills the nice crisp feel entering the corner.

-Korey
Old 12-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #14832
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S View Post
does anybody know how thick the topdeck is on the wce spec kit?
Pretty sure it's 2.0mm

-Korey
Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #14833
Tech Adept

Thank you you explained it
Old 12-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #14834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

how hard is it to balance the TC using an carbon 3800 orion lipo? Is there an easy way to weight the car without it looking sloppy??
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #14835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
how hard is it to balance the TC using an carbon 3800 orion lipo? Is there an easy way to weight the car without it looking sloppy??
Actually pretty easy! Put some weight on the top (towards the outside) and some on the out side of the pack and you should be all set. How much will depend on your electronics and where you put the weight.