R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #14611
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
He was in the "B" main, so I don't think you would want his setup..

But, He said he did "win practice" so it might be something to try.
I'm sure he had more motor than anyone else and he was "just testing" as well
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #14612
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,227
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I'm sure he had more motor than anyone else and he was "just testing" as well


Damn, your GOOD!!!!
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #14613
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I'm sure he had more motor than anyone else and he was "just testing" as well
I always have more motor than everyone and I was testing. I tried some things that worked well on asphalt at the regional race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Damn, your GOOD!!!!
You're mean to me. AY was right about you......LOL Just remember that I haven't switched to TOP yet so you better treat me like family again.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #14614
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You're mean to me. AY was right about you......LOL Just remember that I haven't switched to TOP yet so you better treat me like family again.
Yeah, but you're going to switch...that means you LOSE your "Team" immunity!!!! Let the HARSHNESS begin!
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #14615
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Yeah, but you're going to switch...that means you LOSE your "Team" immunity!!!! Let the HARSHNESS begin!
You said the same thing when I put the TC5 down and look....you followed me over to HB
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #14616
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I always have more motor than everyone and I was testing. I tried some things that worked well on asphalt at the regional race.
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #14617
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You said the same thing when I put the TC5 down and look....you followed me over to HB
Yeah true but, you'll still be snagging setups off of me even when I don't follow to the EJ car. LOL

Don't swerve on the straight next time! It could be unfortunate....LMAO!!!!

"72!!!! 72!!!! Who's on 72????!!!!!" Screams STLNLST on the driver's stand. "You're on Spectrum dummy", says Advil.... "oh, well, you know, a brotha has got to get his SWERVE on", says STLNLST.
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #14618
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Yeah true but, you'll still be snagging setups off of me even when I don't follow to the EJ car. LOL

Don't swerve on the straight next time! It could be unfortunate....LMAO!!!!

"72!!!! 72!!!! Who's on 72????!!!!!" Screams STLNLST on the driver's stand. "You're on Spectrum dummy", says Advil.... "oh, well, you know, a brotha has got to get his SWERVE on", says STLNLST.
You should know me better than that.....I would never yell out 72. I prefer 27 band so it would be more like who's on blue...blue in the pits....
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #14619
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You should know me better than that.....I would never yell out 72. I prefer 27 band so it would be more like who's on blue...blue in the pits....
Yeah, ok. My bad. Next time I'll tell them about all the times you yelled out "Oneways!!!" when you actually had a spool in your car!
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #14620
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Yeah, ok. My bad. Next time I'll tell them about all the times you yelled out "Oneways!!!" when you actually had a spool in your car!
Funny you should mention that because I plan on running a "TRUE" oneway this weekend
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #14621
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Hey there

Newbie question, but is Cyclone TC:s bearing set same size like WCE ones?
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #14622
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
Hey there

Newbie question, but is Cyclone TC:s bearing set same size like WCE ones?
Yep
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #14623
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default gearing

I'm currently running the Cyclone Black ver.
I also run 10.5 (novak) LRP sphere tc (the new one)!
My issue is with gearing. The track is approx. 140 ft long on the straight!
I am running the 16T pulleys still and have a FDR of 4.82.
It appears as though after the initial acceleration out od the corner the motor flatlines and runs a constant pace no acceleration. I was watching the TITC vidoes on youtube. It is quite obvious yes that they were running MOD however their cars have "continuous pull" along the straights. Looking at their cars also revealed that the relationship of the pinion and spur gear.

I am running a 93 Spur 47 pinion 64p would it be better running a Bigger spur and a smaller pinion?
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #14624
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,114
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The novak 10.5 isnt geared anything like the typical brushless modified motor. They are alllll torque, so they need to be geared really tall like that. Have you checked to see how hot the motor is getting??? Usually around 160 deg F is a happy zone with most of the motors.

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #14625
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
I'm currently running the Cyclone Black ver.
I also run 10.5 (novak) LRP sphere tc (the new one)!
My issue is with gearing. The track is approx. 140 ft long on the straight!
I am running the 16T pulleys still and have a FDR of 4.82.
It appears as though after the initial acceleration out od the corner the motor flatlines and runs a constant pace no acceleration. I was watching the TITC vidoes on youtube. It is quite obvious yes that they were running MOD however their cars have "continuous pull" along the straights. Looking at their cars also revealed that the relationship of the pinion and spur gear.

I am running a 93 Spur 47 pinion 64p would it be better running a Bigger spur and a smaller pinion?
We have some huge tracks out here and I have yet to gear a 10.5 past 5.1 You may be over geared. 5.2 is the normal sweet spot for a Novak 10.5 and a LRP speedo.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net