R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #14551
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yea, RC Market is pretty awesome. If I can't find something here, he's my go to guy.

-Korey
Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #14552
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Korey, do you have any experience running the TC arms ? I've tried the fronts and the rears and find that the car has a ton of steering, so much that I've turned the dual rate down to 50%. For me it's very hard to drive.
I was thinking that maybe the ackerman has changed with the new arm moving forward. Someone else on here said that they didn't like it and went back to the old arm (or maybe he shimmed it back to the old location).
Just wondering if you have tried them.
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #14553
Tech Champion

All I have ever run is the TC arms, nor compared them to the old arms other than how many positions they have. The the ackerman setup the tc arms produce, it will make the car turn in quick, but then bleed off a lot of front end grip right after that. The overall result for me is less steering, especially in high speed sections of a track. You could just add shims to the steering bellcrank, or move the arm back.

If I understand this right, the TC arms are just moving the steering knuckle/c hub assembly further forward compared to the older arms??? I dont think moving the arm back to where the older arms place the steering knuckle will have any odd effects. Typically if we move the front arms back it'll make the car have more steering, especially on entry, and almost be counter productive to the ackerman change. But since this is moving the axle assembly to the same point, I dont think that will apply in this case.

Someone had mentioned using xray steering knuckles, and thats an interesting idea. Because one of the holes sweeps the arm back further than our knuckles we have on the tc. You could also make some extensions on the steering knuckles by cutting a peice of a spare shock tower or something to change the ackerman as well. Xray had done something similar a few years back on the FK04.

-Korey
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #14554
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
All I have ever run is the TC arms, nor compared them to the old arms other than how many positions they have. The the ackerman setup the tc arms produce, it will make the car turn in quick, but then bleed off a lot of front end grip right after that. The overall result for me is less steering, especially in high speed sections of a track. You could just add shims to the steering bellcrank, or move the arm back.

If I understand this right, the TC arms are just moving the steering knuckle/c hub assembly further forward compared to the older arms??? I dont think moving the arm back to where the older arms place the steering knuckle will have any odd effects. Typically if we move the front arms back it'll make the car have more steering, especially on entry, and almost be counter productive to the ackerman change. But since this is moving the axle assembly to the same point, I dont think that will apply in this case.

Someone had mentioned using xray steering knuckles, and thats an interesting idea. Because one of the holes sweeps the arm back further than our knuckles we have on the tc. You could also make some extensions on the steering knuckles by cutting a peice of a spare shock tower or something to change the ackerman as well. Xray had done something similar a few years back on the FK04.

-Korey

Thanks Korey, I clearly have some other issues with my car and it looks like it's not with the TC arms.
BTW I was the guy who suggested using the xray knuckles.
Thanks again.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #14555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ RC View Post
Hi just bought a cyclone tc, I want to set it up to run a stock 17.5 brushless motor what spur and pinions should I buy and any thing else i need please
Anyone can help?

| ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ | AKA | HB RACING | OS | KO PROPO |
CJ RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #14556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

how does everyone cut the front sway bars? do you cut off the entire 5mm as suggested in the manual?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #14557
Tech Adept

Does anybody have an issue about the TC arms? My problem is I have a Hara edition with WCE shock towers, when I put the new TC arms at the rear, I flip the arm so I could try the hole#2, but the shock end (bottom) is so close to the RP wheel. I tried sorex wheel, speedmind wheel, they all hit the shock end! I'm using 5mm wheel hex (black). I tried to take that bottom 2mm spacer off and just used the shock end ball (bushing?), it seem a lot better but I can't take the other 2mm spacer on top of that because the shock's cap will hit the shock tower. (Is that a problem if the shocks is on angle instead of the original is straight?) So, am I have to change the WCE shock tower to TC shock tower for using #2 hole position? Now, I just cut some plastic off from the bottom end. Please Help!
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #14558
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

tonight i'm will post RONALD VOELKER ISTC car .
http://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-marke...ml#post5076240
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #14559
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
So, am I have to change the WCE shock tower to TC shock tower for using #2 hole position? Now, I just cut some plastic off from the bottom end. Please Help!
well i didn't try this yet. but found this picture from ronald volker's car rcmarket posted. it can be seen he uses the new lower position and to solve the problem your describing looks like they left out the 2mm shim from the back of the rear shocks.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...t-rimg0408.jpg
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #14560
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
well i didn't try this yet. but found this picture from ronald volker's car rcmarket posted. it can be seen he uses the new lower position and to solve the problem your describing looks like they left out the 2mm shim from the back of the rear shocks.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...t-rimg0408.jpg
Yeah I tried that but the WCE shock tower will hit the shock cap. I'm sure Ronald was using TC shock tower. ( The holes is drill on lower position than the WCE's.)
Old 11-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #14561
Tech Adept

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but, has anybody ever ordered parts directly from Hot Bodies? Do they ship it reasonably quickly? thx.
asfastasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #14562
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfastasu View Post
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but, has anybody ever ordered parts directly from Hot Bodies? Do they ship it reasonably quickly? thx.
TOASTY!!!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #14563
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ RC View Post
Hi just bought a cyclone tc, I want to set it up to run a stock 17.5 brushless motor what spur and pinions should I buy and any thing else i need please
try getting a FDR of 3.5 bit hard with a gear ratio of 2.16
http://www.gearchart.com/ will help you
Dan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #14564
Tech Champion

I know there have been problems in the past with the Hot Bodies online store... They are constantly working on it though.

I just recieved an order through the webstore (yes team guys order stuff through the online store too ). There was about a day of processing, and then it was shipped out the next day.

So don,t be afraid to try it! If anything goes wrong just give HPI/HB USA a call and they'll take care of you. Always try and help out your local hobby shop as well. They are really important in our industry, and all major companies encourage you to shop at the local stores.

-Korey
Old 11-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #14565
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
For those got hard time to buy parts, I placed my order cost only $78 last friday night at hotbodiesonline - U.S.A. and received today..Wednesday with free shipping! Seriously, free shipping!
They do perfect job now! All I did is called them first to confirm if they have the parts I look for before I placed the order. But I called them again today and noticed that they close every other Friday, so I definately will call them again before I place the next order on Monday!