R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #14536
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I second the comment on the original diff. The original and titanium screws do snap, usually when you tap something or someone while on power. The pro diff is simply awesome, both in terms of durability and performance... it's waaaaaay smoother.

The only non-stock item I run is the alum steering blocks ... I managed to snap a stock one. Other than that, I'm only down one arm and a hinge pin so far this indoor season.
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #14537
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
[url]

The opposite is true with less rebound. I like less rebound on smoother, longer, sweeping tracks. It seems to make the car more balanced through the long sweepers and such.

-Korey
When would you use rebound foam ???
I see it on some set up sheets.

My fingers are sore right now from getting them all at 75%

Thanks for all the help, You are making me faster and faster with every page on here.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #14538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

when you giys talk about 75% rebound how do u make the shock do that.
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #14539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Korey, i just found the silicone tip for the rebound adjusting. Her is one even better, how about finding some "Caster Clip" from another car company. usually from nitro cars. they use them to adjust caster since they use pivot ball suspension. just a thought. then you would have all the same sizes, and unclips rather than taking the shock end off.??? just a thought.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #14540
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
Korey, i just found the silicone tip for the rebound adjusting. Her is one even better, how about finding some "Caster Clip" from another car company. usually from nitro cars. they use them to adjust caster since they use pivot ball suspension. just a thought. then you would have all the same sizes, and unclips rather than taking the shock end off.??? just a thought.
You don't have to take the shock end off using the silicone method.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #14541
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had an honest opinion of the durability of the TC? I have been looking at this car but have not run an HPI car since the Pro4 days. What would be the weakest link on the car?

Any input would be appreciated.

The steering knuckles and the ball studs used are crap. Get some titanium (sp) ball studs and stock up on knuckles. It would be nice to be able to buy a pair of knuckles rather than one knuckle and one hub.....but you use to run the pro 4 so I'm sure it was the same back then. Great car though. Where do you plan on getting your parts at???
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 AM   #14542
Tech Apprentice

Running the same kit from about Feb to now, most weekends racing in mod and 10.5, i think I have slightly bent one driveshaft. All other replacements are due to normal wear (belts, spurs, etc).
Old 11-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #14543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys

I went thru the last 4 pages of the 416 thread, more for the smack talking happening there than for the tech discussions about which tool Marc Rheinard used to paint his servo heat dissipator in blue

Anyways - yes the fuel tube trick is a classic, I've used xray track width clips for a while to do the same (same as castor clips) and before that I was using cut nylon washers... I don't like using fuel tube for that as it's too flexible for my taste, plus it's impossible for me to cut straight. but the concept is the right one

Re rebound (the bladder one, not the foam disc one) - I'll guess I'll have to do my own experiments... which will be tough since our track bellied up last month, and I can only run the monthly races now, which leaves little time to take the experimenting risks during raceday. Oh well

Thanks all
Paul
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 AM   #14544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell View Post
Running the same kit from about Feb to now, most weekends racing in mod and 10.5, i think I have slightly bent one driveshaft. All other replacements are due to normal wear (belts, spurs, etc).
replace asap especially if at the rear. the vibrations can really mess up the handling... and make the other parts wear out even faster

Congrats on breaking no front spindle running this regularly - I usually go through a few a year... when I hit the boards, this is the first thing that goes!

Paul
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 AM   #14545
Tech Adept

For those got hard time to buy parts, I placed my order cost only $78 last friday night at hotbodiesonline - U.S.A. and received today..Wednesday with free shipping! Seriously, free shipping!
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:42 AM   #14546
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
when you guys talk about 75% rebound how do u make the shock do that.
Without the spring push the shaft all the way in, it should come back out 75% by itself. If it comes out 25% and you want more take the cap off add more oil and try again until you bleed out the right amount of oil.
That is how I have always done it but after reading about it on here I'm thinking it has something to do with the air above the bladder as well.
That is why I asked about the rebound foam and how that adds or takes away rebound.

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 11-20-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #14547
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi just bought a cyclone tc, I want to set it up to run a stock 17.5 brushless motor what spur and pinions should I buy and any thing else i need please

| ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ | AKA | HB RACING | OS | KO PROPO |
CJ RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #14548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The steering knuckles and the ball studs used are crap. Get some titanium (sp) ball studs and stock up on knuckles. It would be nice to be able to buy a pair of knuckles rather than one knuckle and one hub.....but you use to run the pro 4 so I'm sure it was the same back then. Great car though. Where do you plan on getting your parts at???
Not sure you have any good suggestions?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #14549
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post

I've been using xray knuckles for the last 2 years. No problem. Shim accordingly. You also get an extra hole for ackerman ajustment.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #14550
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Not sure you have any good suggestions?
I've had good luck with rcmarket.