Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
based on the topdeck it looks like a Mi3...
looks more like an Xray '008 low traction top deck
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

how would you guys compare a tc5 to the new cyclone tc? I can't decide between the two which kit I want,,,, the biggest difference i could find is that the cyclone has that multidiff.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm putting the new TC arms on my Moore edition and I noticed that the front steering links are now angled forward where as they were in line to each other with the old arms. I know this will effect ackerman but has anybody noticed a big (any) difference in steering feel ?
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
I'm putting the new TC arms on my Moore edition and I noticed that the front steering links are now angled forward where as they were in line to each other with the old arms. I know this will effect ackerman but has anybody noticed a big (any) difference in steering feel ?
Thanks.
I never noticed that difference or shall I say I didn't really pay attention to it. I will put on the original arms this weekend and see if the ackerman is different. I didn't care for the new shock mounting holes on the arms and went back to the standard holes.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987
how would you guys compare a tc5 to the new cyclone tc? I can't decide between the two which kit I want,,,, the biggest difference i could find is that the cyclone has that multidiff.
Cyclone, More consistent and the shocks don't leak as it seems all of the tc5rs' have 2 leaky shocks. The cyclone also seems to be more solid and less slop in the suspension. Also I have seen many stripped spurs on the tc5's. I can also give you a pretty good setup for the cyclone at the Coliseum, and if you decide to run it mod outdoors it will handle the power fine.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
Who know this guy??

whit this car... (new Hotbodies???)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
looks more like an Xray '008 low traction top deck
The steering looks like a xray part also. I wonder if all this stuff fits? Makes the cyclone look nice, and more room for wires and such
Old 11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Apparently when you try to de-tweak a car with 4 scales you have to take the shocks off. Otherwise different preloads on the shocks will distribute the weight differently.

I built some shocks with spacers in them so they cant move (old cyclone S plastic ones which i wasnt using )
Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Apparently when you try to de-tweak a car with 4 scales you have to take the shocks off. Otherwise different preloads on the shocks will distribute the weight differently.

I built some shocks with spacers in them so they cant move (old cyclone S plastic ones which i wasnt using )
I am soooooooo glad I read your comment... I just purchased 4 scales and was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to move my weight around the chassis... I found myself spending 30 + min screwing with the shock preload and I gave up... I didn't know what the hell I was doing Now I will attack the problem again like you suggested ( shocks detached ) , move my weights around then de-tweak on my Hudy board... If anyone has any suggestions or tips on de-tweaking with scales I would love to know... Thanks...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

I am soooooooo glad I read your comment... I just purchased 4 scales and was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to move my weight around the chassis... I found myself spending 30 + min screwing with the shock preload and I gave up... I didn't know what the hell I was doing Now I will attack the problem again like you suggested ( shocks detached ) , move my weights around then de-tweak on my Hudy board... If anyone has any suggestions or tips on de-tweaking with scales I would love to know... Thanks...
actually if you were to solve the problem correctly you would need to replace your shocks by a fixed length bar with equal weight to the shocks or fix your shocks to the ride height position.letting it sit low without shocks and swaybars will still not give you accurate cg results.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

another probleme , i rebuilt my shocks and the front ones where fine ( no leaking , no probleme ) but the rear shocks kept leaking , my front end is ready but my rear end doesnt have any bulkheads so i ordered some and im waiting for them to arrive , so while waiting , i went through my car cleaning rebuilding ... when it came to shocks , my front shocks are on the car but my rea ones are on my shelf , sitting straight not laying down , to be mounted but in the morning i found that there was oil everywhere on the shock . I checked the front shocks , no probs but the rear ones and oil all over them so i took the spring off and i checked the rebound , when they where new rebound was quick to 100% but when i checked rebound in morning , it was a bit slower but it had 91% rebound .
Whats is wrong with my rear shocks ?
Thanks guys
Old 11-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default set up

guess most of the Hotbodies Driver running Spool there.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe the o rings in the bottom of the shock bodies are worn out?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jag88
Thanks.
Hi,

this is the major difference between the TC and the older Cyclones. It works well with Rubber tires on asphalt. Most drivers here in Germany don't like it on the smaller indoor tracks on carpet (again rubber tires).

We changed the wheelbase on the front with the TC arms. Build the front as short as possible and it drives like the older arms.

mfg Martin
Old 11-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well, its pretty well known now that even the original cyclone is still extremely competitive so dont worry about that.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mangoman
Maybe the o rings in the bottom of the shock bodies are worn out?
Well , it leaks on the top , not on the bottom .
I checked it now , i cleaned the oil (in the morning ) and now , not leaking anymore but is has quite slow rebound only to about 88% .
So .....?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.