R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #14446
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
What an awesome news!
Congrats on your winning of the WCICS!! Great job...
If you have any pics from the event, please send them to me at [email protected] I will put those on our web with the report.

Thanks!!
Sounds good. I'll get in touch with some of the guys who took pics and send them along.
Pete
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #14447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Does anyone run a center oneway along with the front??? Just curious to know if that helps the car out any or is it overkill??

My take on this is that the center one way removes what little drag is left from the rear diff.. This is suppose to make the car easier to drive then just using the front one way. I'm planning on testing this tomorrow along with a diff and a center one way. Some of the fast guys at my track are running a front one way without a center one way so I'm curious to see what it feels like. What I don't like is that you lose braking. I remember driving a front one way years ago and it was a handful. We'll see ........
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #14448
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
Good catch, I was running a spool, not the one way up front. I did try the one way, because traction was good, but the car didn't transition as smoothly. One of the other Cyclone guys was trying a center one-way with the spool up front, but it didn't work out.

But in general, if you were running the front one-way, the center one-way wouldn't do much, since the front wheels are free-wheeling off power anyway. The only case where the center one-way would do something for you would be if you were running a diff or a spool up front. That's my take, but I recall seeing some old Massami Yokomo touring car setups where he did end up using both one-ways, for whatever reason.
In your setup sheet you have the one-way, with the spool on the carpet do your car push when entering corners? I tried the spool before and my car push what did you do to get the push out?
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #14449
Tech Fanatic

Some comments about that???

Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #14450
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Interesting discussion on rebound here.

One thing I never understood is how the little force generated by a latex membrane can make such a change once it is added to the stiff springs we are running on the four corners of the cars... when you consider the spring stiffness, that bladder pushes almost nothing... The foams I understand, they suddenly stiffen the suspension big time (closed cells) but the membrane-generated rebound, I just don't get it...

Thanks

Paul
Anyone? Or does it mean everyone does it without really understanding why???

Paul
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #14451
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post

tiens t'es la aussi, toi?

He, tu peux pas me preter un lipo samedi stp? Mes deux poulain vont etre a la totale ramasse (et moi aussi si je dois gerer leurs NiMH)...

Marrant aussi de voir que les images de littlerc.com sont bloquees...

a+
Paul
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #14452
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Coldn

Oh My God!!

I bought mine Cyclone TC the 1 month ago and its already exceeded?

why does this chassis is so similar to the xray?

Quote:

Coldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 AM   #14453
Tech Regular

I don't think I am getting this gearing stuff, I am using 98 spur and 49-52 pinion with the 18t pully for rubber on carpet and reading on some of the post about gearing it seems as if I am undergear using 17.5 trinity motor the only problem I am having is if I go up to 52t pinion me lap time go's up and if I use the 49t pinion my time go's down and the lap time is more consistant but now I see most of the guys on this thread are geared much higher I am about 2sec off the fastest pace am I not getting something here about my gearing, my home track is about 90'x40-50 some where around there any suggestion.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #14454
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

He, tu peux pas me preter un lipo samedi stp? Mes deux poulain vont etre a la totale ramasse (et moi aussi si je dois gerer leurs NiMH)...

a+
Paul
Terrible ca marche de chez moi!!!

Je vais voir pour le lipo, je dois en avoir 1 en rad...

I think that this a free adaptation of Xray elements on Cyclone... very interesting hybrid...

(it seems that some pics have been removed... try http://www.petitrc.com/gallery/brows...&c=104&page=28)

Last edited by Airwave; 11-12-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #14455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
I don't think I am getting this gearing stuff, I am using 98 spur and 49-52 pinion with the 18t pully for rubber on carpet and reading on some of the post about gearing it seems as if I am undergear using 17.5 trinity motor the only problem I am having is if I go up to 52t pinion me lap time go's up and if I use the 49t pinion my time go's down and the lap time is more consistant but now I see most of the guys on this thread are geared much higher I am about 2sec off the fastest pace am I not getting something here about my gearing, my home track is about 90'x40-50 some where around there any suggestion.
Read thru this article: http://aedownloads.com/pdf/gear_ratios.pdf

pretty much all the basics of gearing is explained there and should be helpful to you

with 18T pulleys, your Cyclone's internal ratio is 2.166

So with a 98T Spur and 49T pinion, your Final drive ratio(FDR) is: 4.33
(98 divided by 49, multipled by 2.166 = 4.33)

98 Spur and 51T pinion, you get a 4.16 Final drive ratio(FDR)
(98/51 X 2.166= 4.16 )

This should be fine for the 90' track you're running on...try to gear it so that:

1) car reaches tops out top speed at around 90% of straightaway
2) doesnt over heat: keep motor ESC temps below 180F...you're topping out around the 90% mark and your motor's coming off the track in the 170+ deg range, then maybe you should go down a tooth or two on your pinion gear.

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #14456
Tech Elite

Hey mate, ditch your Cyclone, this new chassis thing is worth at least 0.5s per lap!!!

I doubt HB will go through the pain or releasing another chassis anytime soon - The TC are backordered in a lot of places, still.

Curious to read whose cars this was - prolly a creative privateer's

Si tu peux m'amener le lipo samedi t'es un champion

Later
Paul
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #14457
Tech Addict

Quote:
Terrible ca marche de chez moi!!!

Je vais voir pour le lipo, je dois en avoir 1 en rad...

I think that this a free adaptation of Xray elements on Cyclone... very interesting hybrid...

(it seems that some pics have been removed... try http://www.petitrc.com/gallery/brows...&c=104&page=28)
Quote:

a+
Paul
Salut les gars , je pensai etre le seul francais ici mais non , c'est cool car si ca vous derange pas j'ai des question a propo de ma cyclone WCE , plutot des probleme que des question .
Je vais peut etre melanger les mot englai avec le francais mais pas beaucoup .
Alors , quand je regle ma cyclone comme le droop , jutilise des droop gauges mes a droit ca affiche 5.5 est a gauche ca affiche 7 pour que mes roue ce leve au meme moment sur une surface plate .
C'est a dire que ci je met 5.5 droite gauche de droop , la roue de gauche touche le sol avant le roue droite , donc il faut qur je mette 7 gauche et 5.5 droite pour que mes 2 roue touch le sol en meme temps .
Je roule avec 5 cell en avant alor esce que le probleme c'est que a cause du poid du moteur a la gauche , la roue gauche apuie plus a cause du poid comparer a la roue droite qui a moin de poid car mes batterie sont a lavant.
Esce que vous pouvez m'aide sil vous plait , Merci d'avance les mec .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #14458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I suspect that if the TC is heavily backordered it may have something to do with the worlds and the hope that they will have a new worlds edition cyclone to present.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #14459
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
In your setup sheet you have the one-way, with the spool on the carpet do your car push when entering corners? I tried the spool before and my car push what did you do to get the push out?
Thanks, I just corrected the setup sheet and edited my post.

Regarding a push with a spool, if you take a look at most of the posted Carpet Rubber tire setups at http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4553, including the standard carpet setup, you'll see that a good majority are running a front spool.

Compared to a diff, I find with the spool, the initial turn-in is crisper, you get a little less mid-corner steering, and then on-power you get better forward traction. In carpet racing, I find that the mid-corner (or steady state) segment of most turns is very short (compared to long winding pavement tracks, where you'd probably run a one-way). As a result, I find that the amount of mid-corner steering isn't as important as being able to transition or rotate the car, which it does well.
But if you're finding a mid-corner push, try increasing the front inboard toe.
Other things to try would be softer front springs or a softer front swaybar... it will prevent the front end from flattening out too early and it will continue to carve into the turn. Also, a lower front roll center or higher front camber rise would increase mid-corner steering.

Last edited by rc pete; 11-12-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
rc pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #14460
Tech Regular

Yyhsyym thanks for the info but I know all that stuff already just can't figure out why my ratio is different.

RCPETE thanks for all that info I will try that out.