R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #14101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Kathy Davenports new Cyclone mounted up on my new PPD plate from my brotha from anotha motha.....VERNDOG (Thanks bro) and no picture is complete unless it has PRINCE in it. Oh yeah....this weekend will be fun cause I got new toys to play with, friends to bs in the pits with, and PRINCE on my ipod. I can't help but TQ and win right??????
AH HA!!!! Taking pictures of my wife's car in front of my back huh......For THAT I will take TQ this weekend!! You will have to dawdle in 2nd!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

LOL

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #14102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
AH HA!!!! Taking pictures of my wife's car in front of my back huh......For THAT I will take TQ this weekend!! You will have to dawdle in 2nd!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

LOL
BN RACING teams order say that you must clear the road for DADDY this weekend.....

What until you see the other pics of the car I may send those to your phone My purple alum rear hubs would look sweet on this car too It would also have equal toe from left to right I'm going to switch out the diffs and put the one that's in it in a plastic bag. It will do for this weekend until you put the pro spec diff in it for the regionals.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #14103
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 180 (100%+)

Quote:
How's this for gay???
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #14104
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 180 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcn r View Post
ROFL, and thats in your AV...you should have seen the look this guy in his high rider mudder Tahoe just gave me in traffic when I was playing "sail away".

btw....you all with so much coverage over your Cyclones have me searching hard to find a nearby onroad track that runs electric........
lol and its "Orinoco Flow"
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #14105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
How's this for gay???
7 foot tall black man in a dress with a "Prince" tatoo....you're right, it doesn't get any gayer than that.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #14106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
7 foot tall black man in a dress with a "Prince" tatoo....you're right, it doesn't get any gayer than that.
I'll show you gay....look for new pics of the car coming over your cell phone......LOL Team orders have been issued. Follow them or pay the price.

BTW....You want pics of the catfish we caught yesterday too????? Wish you were there
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #14107
Tech Rookie

Default new tc

I like to now if anybody have the new tc yet. (Is it good or bad or ok)...I havnt seen any body with the car yet.....SO it makes me wonder...so tell me waht is up..thanks
picco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #14108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Quote:

Yeah I was gonna say, the Tattoo is the least gay thing sir...

Love ya bro
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #14109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

I have to buy maybe 2 or 3 servos pretty soon and $85 or $100 servos are out of this college student's budget lol...i liked another guy's suggestion but then my brother found this...what do you guys think?

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/440702.asp

metal gears, ball bearings, .10/4.8v and .08/6.0v speeds for that price? zomg! I think its worth a shot...cant really disappoint at $30 though right? (of course id just buy one to start with and test it out to see if i liked it)

I currently have a JR 590m servo in my cyclone and i race 6cell/7.4 lipo on asphalt parking lot tracks (my 2wd buggy has a hitec 645mg servo in it as well). Anyways, the torque ratings between the two servos are nearly identical (the 590 and the cirrus i mean). Would you say this is a good buy for the money or should i look for something with more torque? The JR servo i have has served me well...i can usually place top 5 in sportsman at my local races and damn is the competition stiff! Lemme know...i kinda wanna give this a try but i dont want to throw my money away buying it.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #14110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've seen mixed luck with those servo's. You get what you pay for.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #14111
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
I have to buy maybe 2 or 3 servos pretty soon and $85 or $100 servos are out of this college student's budget lol...i liked another guy's suggestion but then my brother found this...what do you guys think?

metal gears, ball bearings, .10/4.8v and .08/6.0v speeds for that price? zomg! I think its worth a shot...cant really disappoint at $30 though right? (of course id just buy one to start with and test it out to see if i liked it)

I currently have a JR 590m servo in my cyclone and i race 6cell/7.4 lipo on asphalt parking lot tracks (my 2wd buggy has a hitec 645mg servo in it as well). Anyways, the torque ratings between the two servos are nearly identical (the 590 and the cirrus i mean). Would you say this is a good buy for the money or should i look for something with more torque? The JR servo i have has served me well...i can usually place top 5 in sportsman at my local races and damn is the competition stiff! Lemme know...i kinda wanna give this a try but i dont want to throw my money away buying it.
you can choice Ko 2413 or Futaba S9551
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #14112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Question for all cyclone owners.

1) How much steering lock do you run on your radios? ie maximum steering EPA or dual rate setting.

Last edited by dontfeelcold; 10-13-2008 at 03:50 AM.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #14113
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post

Futaba S9550 or S9551...most sell for aout $60 NIB...

Cyclone ~ Orion ~ LRP Sphere ~ S9550
M03 ~ Orion ~ LRP QC3 ~ S9550
RC18R ~ Castle Creations ~ Hi-tec
Slash ~ 9550 ~ SMC Power
8ight-T~9550~V-Spec
rcarmchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #14114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picco90 View Post
I like to now if anybody have the new tc yet. (Is it good or bad or ok)...I havnt seen any body with the car yet.....SO it makes me wonder...so tell me waht is up..thanks
Hi picco

Ive got one and I find that it's a great car. Im the only one that drives a Cyclone TC in my area as well, all the leet drivers seem to be using the TC5R. I just have a love and devotion for HB cars and I'm never going to change until they stop making them lol

So yes they are a great car, parts are easy to find for me and it performs well.

If you have a WCE version I dont think I would bother upgrading to a TC, your better off just buying the pro spec diff if you run modified and the ver 3 spool.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 10-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #14115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

you guys seen these?

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=251469

What are the chances these fit on the cyclone? Anyone got any measurements?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote