R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #13981
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
Fred... have not looked at the Losi rings.. but perhaps the associated D-rings might be the same..
Thanks, the Associated D ring is the same as the Losi.

Does the Associated ring fit the Cyclone?

Last edited by B-FAST R/C; 09-30-2008 at 11:26 AM.
B-FAST R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #13982
Tech Apprentice

I've got another question guys:

I've been looking at various brushless motors and ran across the hobbywing combo setup with the 60A ESC and the 5.5t/6000kv motor.

Does that motor rating seem right? 6000kv seems within the useful range but I don't understand the 5.5t, that seems like really low turns for a 6000kv. Does turns actually mean anything anymore or is it just a reference?
Aceldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #13983
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post
I've got another question guys:

I've been looking at various brushless motors and ran across the hobbywing combo setup with the 60A ESC and the 5.5t/6000kv motor.

Does that motor rating seem right? 6000kv seems within the useful range but I don't understand the 5.5t, that seems like really low turns for a 6000kv. Does turns actually mean anything anymore or is it just a reference?
I think its about right , it does semm low but some motors have higher kv then others with the same number of turns i.e : novak 5.5 = 7400kv , LRP 5.5 = 7000kv , orion 5.5 = around 8000kv and speed passion 5.5 = around 8400 kv
So i think its right but wich motor is it that your looking at .
Also your question is off topic but try to post it on another thread that talks about brushless motors .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #13984
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
I think its about right , it does semm low but some motors have higher kv then others with the same number of turns i.e : novak 5.5 = 7400kv , LRP 5.5 = 7000kv , orion 5.5 = around 8000kv and speed passion 5.5 = around 8400 kv
So i think its right but wich motor is it that your looking at .
Also your question is off topic but try to post it on another thread that talks about brushless motors .

Sorry about that, the reason I've been posting here is that all this stuff is going in my Cyclone S (not that it's a good excuse).

To answer your question here is the motor/esc combo: http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....7qvm921ekjfdh4

It's the 60A ESC and the 5.5t motor. I just want to be SURE that it's 6000kv because my buddy is running a 5900kv motor in his TC4 and I don't really want it to be any faster than his.

Also, I have to buy a pinion, what gearing would you suggest in the Cyclone with this setup?
Aceldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #13985
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarmchl View Post
ANyone know where I could find a TC for $379...NIB stateside?
+1
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #13986
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TC has been out off stock for a long time ..Is this do to a new car coming out before or after the worlds..
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #13987
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post
Sorry about that, the reason I've been posting here is that all this stuff is going in my Cyclone S (not that it's a good excuse).

To answer your question here is the motor/esc combo: http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....7qvm921ekjfdh4

It's the 60A ESC and the 5.5t motor. I just want to be SURE that it's 6000kv because my buddy is running a 5900kv motor in his TC4 and I don't really want it to be any faster than his.

Also, I have to buy a pinion, what gearing would you suggest in the Cyclone with this setup?
yeah i understand wy you post it here , it doesnt matter.I think it is a 6000kv but you should ask the question to RC MARKET he will know better then me, but yes i think its a 6000kv motor.I have a FDR of 7.5 with my 5.5 7000kv so you should try around that.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #13988
Tech Addict

guys i went to run my car today and it was great but only one probleme that i had for awhile , my probleme is that when i go in high speed chicanes my rear end seems to loos traction , it goes left ,right left right and then i loose control of my car and to avoid this i have to slow down but by slowing down i loose time so is there something to do to avoid my rear end to be like a fish tail.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #13989
Tech Adept

Hey there

I drove app. 15 times on my TC and notice at original front driveshafts are getting worn. I made some searc and found steel ones how are perfect for Cyclone TC. I wonder why Hotbodies katalog didn`t know that at #61043 44mm HD universal shats fit perfectly?

So, now i know that and i think at they last longer than alu ones especially when use spool..

Just notice that guys
Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #13990
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cruisaaja - The driveshafts will work... just not as well. If you have the same ones I'm thinking of those are slightly different than the ones included in the kit. Take a look at the "slot" on the driveshaft where it connects to the universal joint coupling. From what I found on mine, the slot isn't quite as long as the driveshafts included in the kit.

This will make them bind up easier when put at more extreme angles. They will work, just won't be quite as smooth at high angles. So I guess it's a matter if you want a more durable part vs. a better performing part with the sacrifice of some performance.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Korey
Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #13991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wouldn't 61398 fit better?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #13992
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Cruisaaja - The driveshafts will work... just not as well. If you have the same ones I'm thinking of those are slightly different than the ones included in the kit. Take a look at the "slot" on the driveshaft where it connects to the universal joint coupling. From what I found on mine, the slot isn't quite as long as the driveshafts included in the kit.

This will make them bind up easier when put at more extreme angles. They will work, just won't be quite as smooth at high angles. So I guess it's a matter if you want a more durable part vs. a better performing part with the sacrifice of some performance.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Korey
Thanks Korey

I`ll check that before next time

I just looking for more durable driveshafts up front with spool
Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #13993
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
guys i went to run my car today and it was great but only one probleme that i had for awhile , my probleme is that when i go in high speed chicanes my rear end seems to loose traction , it goes left ,right left right and then i loose control of my car and to avoid this i have to slow down but by slowing down i loose time so is there something to do to avoid my rear end to be like a fish tail.
Thanks in advance
any advice?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #13994
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can try going down to a softer spring to create a little more rear grip. I've been testing something the last few times I was at the track though...

In high speed corners where you turn one direction, then turn the other way a number of times, it really jacks weight around the car. Sometimes our cars aren't setup to come back to center (not rolled over) quite as fast as we like. When all the weight is transferred to one side and it doesn't spring back, or "transition" quick enough, the car can get unstable and spin out a little erratically.

So to solve this, you can try going to a little thicker swaybars. I know it sounds weird, but usually when I put thicker swaybars all around on my car is made the car turn in a little harder, but actually made the car more stable throughout the corner at the same time.

So, try going softer on the rear spring and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then go back to what you had before and try thicker swaybars all around. It'll help settle the weight transfer down a bit.

Also check your tires. I notice when my tires are getting a little worn out my car will do some weird things like you describe. If you continue to have problems, post your setup and we can take a look at it again.

-Korey
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #13995
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
You can try going down to a softer spring to create a little more rear grip. I've been testing something the last few times I was at the track though...

In high speed corners where you turn one direction, then turn the other way a number of times, it really jacks weight around the car. Sometimes our cars aren't setup to come back to center (not rolled over) quite as fast as we like. When all the weight is transferred to one side and it doesn't spring back, or "transition" quick enough, the car can get unstable and spin out a little erratically.

So to solve this, you can try going to a little thicker swaybars. I know it sounds weird, but usually when I put thicker swaybars all around on my car is made the car turn in a little harder, but actually made the car more stable throughout the corner at the same time.

So, try going softer on the rear spring and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then go back to what you had before and try thicker swaybars all around. It'll help settle the weight transfer down a bit.

Also check your tires. I notice when my tires are getting a little worn out my car will do some weird things like you describe. If you continue to have problems, post your setup and we can take a look at it again.

-Korey
hi korey i just want to ask with this problem also. what will be the effect of not changing the springs but laying down your shock position? (it will make the rear softer too right? or wrong) thanks
bmmer701 is offline   Reply With Quote