R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #13756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I typically run 40wt rear, and 45wt front with the 1.1mm 3 hole pistons. If you have the stock pistons in your car run about 30 rear and 35 front.

-Korey
i forgot what pistons im using but i have a hara cyclone and i beleive its all stock (other than aluminum c-hubs and aluminum motor heatsink thing that i need to switch back to CF). 30 rear then 35 front would be the suggestion then?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #13757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post
Hey guys, not sureif this was answered in one of the 406 post on this thread already, but thats just alot to go through,

Anyway, what do you guys reccomend spur/pion gear wise for the following motor classes with this car.

13.5/ currently i have a 47/88 and i think im undergeard

10.5?

3.5 /6.5?

thanks

tim

for the 13.5 im geared at 4.5 FDR and im fast everywhere i go. Motor usually comes off at 160-180 degrees and on some hot days ive seem it at 192. Im geared 52/96.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #13758
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
for the 13.5 im geared at 4.5 FDR and im fast everywhere i go. Motor usually comes off at 160-180 degrees and on some hot days ive seem it at 192. Im geared 52/96.
im using the stock pullies, so lets say i have an 88s and a 47 pinion, as long as i get to the 4.5 fdr it doesnt matter that my p / s sizes are, just as long as the fdr comes out the same?
tenpins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #13759
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post
im using the stock pullies, so lets say i have an 88s and a 47 pinion, as long as i get to the 4.5 fdr it doesnt matter that my p / s sizes are, just as long as the fdr comes out the same?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #13760
Tech Adept

Figures

Thank you for choosing BUY HPI (HB USA) for your online RC part order. Unfortunately we are out of stock on some of the items that you ordered. Your whole order will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to you ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Please visit the website again in a few days to see if your parts are available.

According to the website all items I ordered were in stock....... just for giggless I just checked on all the items I ordered and the site says they're in stock.
mdttb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #13761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdttb View Post
Figures

Thank you for choosing BUY HPI (HB USA) for your online RC part order. Unfortunately we are out of stock on some of the items that you ordered. Your whole order will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to you ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Please visit the website again in a few days to see if your parts are available.

According to the website all items I ordered were in stock....... just for giggless I just checked on all the items I ordered and the site says they're in stock.
I feel for you. I truely do.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #13762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Figures

lol, sounds liek yokomousa, half my order was canceled due to out of stock items, i wasn't told until 7 days after i placed the order...what service

I guess there is no way around it with Jap cars, i switched to yokomo because I thought parts support would be better. It's the same BS.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #13763
Tech Champion

Quote:
Figures

WOW is all I have to say. Why cancel the whole order if some of the items are in stock. With their track record the items they could ship right now will be out of stock when the BO one's come in..... I say get with someone and put in a RCMARKET order and split the shipping. Good luck to you!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #13764
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Figures

Just got the same message.Can someone from HPI/Hot Bodies come on and help here? Is this just a glitch and the order is coming?Or is it really cancelled?Thanks,Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #13765
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
lol, sounds liek yokomousa, half my order was canceled due to out of stock items, i wasn't told until 7 days after i placed the order...what service

I guess there is no way around it with Jap cars, i switched to yokomo because I thought parts support would be better. It's the same BS.
It's just the US based companies of certain cars. I'm pretty sure RCMARKET can get Yokomo items as well. The only car that we can get a great supply of parts for is the TC5. US based and the parts are everywhere. Too bad the car isn't as good as the Cyclone IMO.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #13766
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Just got the same message.Can someone from HPI/Hot Bodies come on and help here? Is this just a glitch and the order is coming?Or is it really cancelled?Thanks,Mario.
Korey will be the only one that will come on here to help out. If someone from HPI is looking at this thread you guys need to wake up over there and take notice to the problems your customers are having and the up hill battle ONE racer (Korey) has taken on since becoming a team driver.

Thanks for all your efforts Korey and I hope they gave you better than a 50% deal on parts they never seem to stock
Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #13767
Tech Addict

could anybody tell me the web site of hbusa to buy my parts.
OR is it possible to order throught hb europe because i live in europoe .
thanks you
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #13768
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
WOW is all I have to say. Why cancel the whole order if some of the items are in stock. :
I emailed them back and asked that very same question. Bet it'll be at least 3 or 4 days before I hear back from them.

Least they could have emailed me back saying which items were in stock and give me the option of getting those parts then either back order what they didn't have or ship what they did have and drop the rest.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #13769
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
could anybody tell me the web site of hbusa to buy my parts.
OR is it possible to order throught hb europe because i live in europoe .
thanks you
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/ then select USA or Europe

Don't waste your time trying to buy from HB USA....... after 4 or 5 days your order will be cancelled.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #13770
Tech Adept

Hey all

So, it was time to chance a new brand after Tamiya and this is my first HB.

I just ended building my HB Cyclone TC and i have to say at it`s damn good looking car

Hope my first carpet test is next weekend..

See you