R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #13741
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
im so glad i sold my last cyclone, goodbye HB and your lack of support.
Dude and you are looking for a yokomo Sam? What do you expect for support there? Call them up and they'll say "Oh, put pvc tires and drift"

Tell you what. You buy a rubber car that will have parts availability at RCE and I will run rubber with you with the same car. Just stop buying cars with no support at your local track. (HB,yokomo, any given foreign car that isn't a corally)
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #13742
Tech Adept

So guys is the TC a better performer than the Andy Moore cyclone Just want to know about performance not bling
Aid1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #13743
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Hey Bro, what can I say....E.J. is DA MAN!!! I am hooked up with the needed parts for this weekend. My setup should be DIALED...for everyone else it is CURTAINS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Unless someone fast shows up.....LOL
s
Hey Art...how u been bud. Hope all is well.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #13744
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Dude and you are looking for a yokomo Sam? What do you expect for support there? Call them up and they'll say "Oh, put pvc tires and drift"

Tell you what. You buy a rubber car that will have parts availability at RCE and I will run rubber with you with the same car. Just stop buying cars with no support at your local track. (HB,yokomo, any given foreign car that isn't a corally)
hah! JoelV stock IIC r/c champion
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #13745
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77

Hey guys, not sureif this was answered in one of the 406 post on this thread already, but thats just alot to go through,

Anyway, what do you guys reccomend spur/pion gear wise for the following motor classes with this car.

13.5/ currently i have a 47/88 and i think im undergeard

10.5?

3.5 /6.5?

thanks

tim
tenpins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #13746
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post
Hey guys, not sureif this was answered in one of the 406 post on this thread already, but thats just alot to go through,

Anyway, what do you guys reccomend spur/pion gear wise for the following motor classes with this car.

10.5?

3.5 /6.5?

thanks

tim
13.5 i am running a 92/50-53

Also depends on your center pulleys being either a 16t or 18t

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #13747
Tech Rookie

Default Anti Roll Bar Fitment Questions

Hi every one,
I have never run anti roll bars before and would like to try them. I have the andy moore wce and run 13.5 with lipo. I have fitted the front ARB asper instructions but with the front shocks off if I lift one front wishbone I have to lift it quite alot before the other side lifts. Can you guys tell me how you all set yours up and what adjustments can I make so both front wishbones lift at the same time. Any other tips would be helpfull

Thanks
RAPID RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #13748
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID RACER View Post
Hi every one,
I have never run anti roll bars before and would like to try them. I have the andy moore wce and run 13.5 with lipo. I have fitted the front ARB asper instructions but with the front shocks off if I lift one front wishbone I have to lift it quite alot before the other side lifts. Can you guys tell me how you all set yours up and what adjustments can I make so both front wishbones lift at the same time. Any other tips would be helpfull

Thanks
If you using 1.2mm (soft), is normal when you lift one side all the way up, the other side will lift up around less half. If you use the 1.4 (medium), it should lift up a lot more than half. To adjust the sway bar, you need to play with the ball end connector, usually the set screw is straight down to tight it, try to move around or tighten the set screw from the bottom up, it should make difference. Check this out, Hara will show you how. http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...F8&sl=ja&tl=en
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #13749
Tech Adept

I have a question about the shocks adjustment. I'm using wce shock tower and when I try to adjust the rear droop from 6 to 5, the spring is not touch the spring tension collar, is that a matter or I need to adjust the length of the shocks? I has 1.5mm roll center, shocks on the tower #2 hole.
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #13750
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When is the TC going to be available again!? The first week of September is gone and I can still not find it anywhere in the Us.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #13751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post

10.5?

3.5 /6.5?

thanks

tim

13.5 I run 4.7-4.5 FDR
10.5 I run 5.2 FDR
3.5 I run 9.4 FDR (13mm rotor)
I've never used a 6.5

This is will Novak motors.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #13752
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aid1970 View Post
So guys is the TC a better performer than the Andy Moore cyclone Just want to know about performance not bling
Anyone ???
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #13753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The TC has new revised suspension arms with more tuning options, and the new rear diff is a MAJOR improvement over the previous version. The idea of the TC kit is to bring a revised car to market, at a lower cost than the previous. Things on the AME that were just "bling" were left out, and newer revised parts were put around the car to make it better on the track.

All in all I think it's a better performer. But you could have some of the very same benefits of the tc kit by changing to the new suspension arms and the new rear pro spec diff. There are a few other smaller changes around the car, but those two things seem to stand out the most to me.

-Korey
Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #13754
Tech Adept

Thanks Korey.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #13755
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID RACER View Post
Hi every one,

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
I have a question about the shocks adjustment. I'm using wce shock tower and when I try to adjust the rear droop from 6 to 5, the spring is not touch the spring tension collar, is that a matter or I need to adjust the length of the shocks? I has 1.5mm roll center, shocks on the tower #2 hole.
from what i have understood from RAPID RACER is that when you lift you car at its centerline both wheels dont lift at the same time with equal droop left right so you have to have some difference in droop left right for both wheel to lift at the same time. if im right i have the same probleme so im also looking for a solution.

and from EJ20 i have the same probleme one touches the tension collar alot and the other one does not touche it at all.

Thanks in advance
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote