R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #13726
Tech Addict

RC MARKET , how fast is the shipping with you.
Because i live in the uk and it mit take time so was wondering if you were fast .

Thank you
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #13727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Figured I would ask one more time before I order my body. I am looking at the r9-r and was wondering if anybody tried it yet and if its any better than the speed6 in terms of handling. Just need to know by this afternoon or I won't have a body to race with this weekend

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #13728
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dear HB USA Online,

You guys really need to fix your website. To place an order on Tuesday and get a "your order was cancelled because" on Friday morning (your email was sent after 5pm on Thursday) is very dissapointing. If you really want your customers to utilize your website to access HB parts you need to make it more user friendly and "step it up" when processing orders. Good luck to you and yours as I will be utilizing other methods (RC Market etc.) to get parts for my HB Cyclone. I love the car but to be frank....the parts support is poor here in the U.S. I guess my dollars are going to HK.

Good Luck,

Art Davenport

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #13729
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Dear HB USA Online,

You guys really need to fix your website. To place an order on Tuesday and get a "your order was cancelled because" on Friday morning (your email was sent after 5pm on Thursday) is very dissapointing. If you really want your customers to utilize your website to access HB parts you need to make it more user friendly and "step it up" when processing orders. Good luck to you and yours as I will be utilizing other methods (RC Market etc.) to get parts for my HB Cyclone. I love the car but to be frank....the parts support is poor here in the U.S. I guess my dollars are going to HK.

Good Luck,

Art Davenport
Bro, I've said this all along. That's why I am always so harsh with my words on here. US support is terrible. So now your race this weekend is gonna be screwed. If we could meet half way somewhere tonight after my son's practice you can just use my car and spare parts since I don't need my car until the Revo race next weekend. It does no good to post on here as the powers that be never seem to post. I'll call you about a possible RCMARKET order.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #13730
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Bro, I've said this all along. That's why I am always so harsh with my words on here. US support is terrible. So now your race this weekend is gonna be screwed. If we could meet half way somewhere tonight after my son's practice you can just use my car and spare parts since I don't need my car until the Revo race next weekend. It does no good to post on here as the powers that be never seem to post. I'll call you about a possible RCMARKET order.
"shrug" I gave them a chance....they failed. Poor customer service is not what I was expecting of a company with the reputation of HPI/HB. I can understand (within reason) parts not being in stock but....well I said it on my first post. Dissapointing. I am going to check with E.J. and see if the Scythe toe blocks are the same as the the Cyclone toe blocks. Perhaps he has some in stock. At the very least it would let me get the car set up right for our track conditions.....

Give me a call later Bro, my email server just went down and I have to go and fix (pull more hair out of my head) it. LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #13731
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Dear HB USA Online,

Good Luck,

Art Davenport

I know how you feel. I placed an order last week (HB's site) it was cancelled wasn't their fault it was mine. Least they could have done was call to fix the problem on the payment method. I re-ordered yesterday also placed a order with RC Mart yesterday on the stuff HB USA didn't have. See which one gets here first.
mdttb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #13732
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdttb View Post
I know how you feel. I placed an order last week (HB's site) it was cancelled wasn't their fault it was mine. Least they could have done was call to fix the problem on the payment method. I re-ordered yesterday also placed a order with RC Mart yesterday on the stuff HB USA didn't have. See which one gets here first.
I bet you get the over seas shhippment first and your US order will be the famous "BACK ORDER"
Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #13733
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
I bet you get the over seas shhippment first and your US order will be the famous "BACK ORDER"
Most of the stuff I ordered from RC Mart was the stuff I really needed
mdttb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #13734
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdttb View Post
Most of the stuff I ordered from RC Mart was the stuff I really needed
Very smart you are! I will keep my eye on you I will. I sense the force is growing strong in you young skymdttb
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #13735
Tech Master

Quote:
Very smart you are! I will keep my eye on you I will. I sense the force is growing strong in you young skymdttb
Hey Bro, what can I say....E.J. is DA MAN!!! I am hooked up with the needed parts for this weekend. My setup should be DIALED...for everyone else it is CURTAINS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Unless someone fast shows up.....LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #13736
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Figured I would ask one more time before I order my body. I am looking at the r9-r and was wondering if anybody tried it yet and if its any better than the speed6 in terms of handling. Just need to know by this afternoon or I won't have a body to race with this weekend
I peronsally haven't tried the R9-R. We have a local here that runs for Kyosho... and he's been running one. But He's never run another body as he's new to electric touring cars. The MazdaSpeed 6 is always a solid choice, I'd just go with one of those.

About the web store and parts support, The guys at HB are working on it. We've all been hounding on them to get it up to speed, but it takes some time. The webstore is still pretty new too, so they're still working on some of the bugs. Hopefully it'll be all dialed in real soon though.

-Korey
Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #13737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

whats a good shock oil weight to start with (front and back) for an asphalt track?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #13738
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
whats a good shock oil weight to start with (front and back) for an asphalt track?
I like 50wt AE front and rear.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #13739
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
I typically run 40wt rear, and 45wt front with the 1.1mm 3 hole pistons. If you have the stock pistons in your car run about 30 rear and 35 front.

-Korey
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #13740
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Dear HB USA Online,

Good Luck,

Art Davenport
im so glad i sold my last cyclone, goodbye HB and your lack of support.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote