R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #13681
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
i have a box full of spares if your interesyt!
Do you have a topplate for the cyclone tc?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #13682
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When is the tc going to be back in stock??? I might switch to another car if the new cyclone dosen't come out anytime soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #13683
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Early September So very soon
Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #13684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

early September... that's great... my LHS told me late September...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #13685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
early September... that's great... my LHS told me late September...
Well... I wouldn't be surprised it will be late September by the time it gets to yoru local shop. They'll be at Hot Bodies early sept... but then it is usually shipped to a distributor, then the local shop.

-Korey
Old 08-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #13686
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
this is my case my car still pushes wide with droop 2mm fr , 3mm rear.
what do you mean by "rear end locked".
I also tried 5mm over ride height rear and 8mm over ride height front and i like it , would you recomend it ?
thank you

Rear end locked is my way of saying to make sure the rear isn't loose or fish tailing in the corners due to lack of traction. I had to guess what to do in the low traction conditions that you stated. When you say your car pushes...is that on power or off power? If the 8mm works for you...don't worry about what I like. You go set TQ I may try that myself just to see how it feels. How did the car feel with the droop that way?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #13687
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Where does everyone get there parts for the cyclone in the US from? I can see anywhere on line that has a lot. Thanks!
Sometimes we can get items from Speedworld but 90% of the time we have to order over seas
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #13688
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Early September So very soon
Sweet
Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #13689
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Oh yeah...some lucky cyclone owner is gonna get all these spares
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #13690
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=STLNLST;4787608]Rear end locked is my way of saying to make sure the rear isn't loose or fish tailing in the corners due to lack of traction. I had to guess what to do in the low traction conditions that you stated. When you say your car pushes...is that on power or off power? If the 8mm works for you...don't worry about what I like. You go set TQ I may try that myself just to see how it feels. How did the car feel with the droop that way?[/QUOTE/]

my car pushes with on power . i dont think that it lacks of grip because i changed to the carbon midle deck instead of the aluminium heatsink , and i do prefer the carbon deck over the aluminium one.
For the droop that you told me , it had more off power steering but a litle less on power steering . my track is medium speed track low grip so i would need abit of both abit more on power steering.but my main probleme is just after the straight ive got to slow down to have enough steering .just after the straight there is a c shap corner and when i go full speed my car understeer and ... bang i hit the barier.
last question when the pros they write 5mm droop on there setup sheet . does it mean 5mm over ride height or does it mean 5mm on the droop gauge

thank you
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #13691
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post

Oh yeah...some lucky cyclone owner is gonna get all these spares
no spare upper deck ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #13692
Tech Rookie

Default POM Outdrives

Does the POM outdrives fit the Solid Axle ver.3?

And how can the POM outdrives fit into the 2 way diff (one-way/spool)? Coz the shape of the original steel 2 Way diff drives are completely different from that of the POM outdrives.

POM Outdrives: http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?partNo=67731&lang=en

2 Way Diff: http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=67714

Thank you!
klth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #13693
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=cyclone speed;4788347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Rear end locked is my way of saying to make sure the rear isn't loose or fish tailing in the corners due to lack of traction. I had to guess what to do in the low traction conditions that you stated. When you say your car pushes...is that on power or off power? If the 8mm works for you...don't worry about what I like. You go set TQ I may try that myself just to see how it feels. How did the car feel with the droop that way?[/QUOTE/]

my car pushes with on power . i dont think that it lacks of grip because i changed to the carbon midle deck instead of the aluminium heatsink , and i do prefer the carbon deck over the aluminium one.
For the droop that you told me , it had more off power steering but a litle less on power steering . my track is medium speed track low grip so i would need abit of both abit more on power steering.but my main probleme is just after the straight ive got to slow down to have enough steering .just after the straight there is a c shap corner and when i go full speed my car understeer and ... bang i hit the barier.
last question when the pros they write 5mm droop on there setup sheet . does it mean 5mm over ride height or does it mean 5mm on the droop gauge

thank you
To pick up a little more on power steering you could always lay your front shocks down. This will help some but from what you're describing I would work on entering the the "C" corner a little better. If you're pushing to the point to where you hit the wall then you're on the throtle too long. How are other driver's entering that same part of the track? Do they go full punched or do they slow down some? I would think that 5mm of droop is on the gauge but you never know what they are going off of. Sometimes they will state on their set up sheet if droop is measured over ride height.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #13694
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default hello to all

Got a couple of questions.I have an original black Cyclone.Going to start upgrading.So far...I'm looking at the worlds shock towers(61090/1 F/R).I see the 67702 chassis and 67703 top deck listed at HB( just saw that these are the TC parts.Will they fit?Is the 70728 WC chassis an improvement over the original chassis?).Is this combo a good upgrade?Same chassis but with the battery trays or different than original?One more...The 44mm bones,why would I need them? I do remember seeing posts about them but with about 4,0000 posts..Anything else you guys could recommend? OH...going to be running rubber on carpet...maybe foam.Then using it for rubber on asphalt next summer.Thanks for any help.Mario.

Last edited by lotus1; 08-30-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: misstake
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #13695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default .........

One more Q...Might seem dumb but.....Are the MIP's really that much better than the original CVD's? Thanks,Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote