R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #13666
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
il try this and let you know . im sory i said 2.5 front and 3mm rear but i had 3mm front and 3mm rear sorry for the mistake . so should i keep 3mm in front ?
thanks for the quick replys
How are you measuring your droop? Is this 3mm over ride height? If so you might be able to go to 2mm in the front and have a 1mm difference from front to rear. If these measurements are using some sort of droop gauge then I'd still increase the front droop to 4mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
5-6 Cell Cyclone TC Main Chassis back in stock now !
As usual you're right on it leting us know what you have in stock. Thanks again for a great job.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #13667
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
As usual you're right on it leting us know what you have in stock. Thanks again for a great job.

He's on top of it in at least a half dozen theads
Old 08-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #13668
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post

He's on top of it in at least a half dozen theads
I saw that on here and the Tamiya thread. He never sleeps
Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #13669
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
How are you measuring your droop? Is this 3mm over ride height? If so you might be able to go to 2mm in the front and have a 1mm difference from front to rear. If these measurements are using some sort of droop gauge then I'd still increase the front droop to 4mm.

Our RC Market Team keep do it !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #13670
Tech Addict

Quote:
as you said i mesure it over the ride height .
3mm droop over ride height front and 4mm ride height rear
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #13671
Tech Champion

Quote:
as you said i mesure it over the ride height .
3mm droop over ride height front and 4mm ride height rear
If over ride height I would go with 2mm front and 3mm rear. I think so long as you have 1mm difference front to rear you will be fine. You can go to 4mm in the rear and still get the same results.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #13672
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
What outdrives are they Korey

And what is your setup with the Hara springs please. Is it for rubber tyers as well as for outside?
Cheers Malc
To be honest I used the same setup that I posted earlier. I just put hara springs on and tried a few different rates. For our track I liked the Hara "red" springs all around. I tried black all around, purple all around, red all around, red up front and purple rear, and purple front black rear. All yeilded the same general feeling.

At my local track, they just weren't the ticket. They would work good on a really nice flowing track with a good amount of grip (more like a euro style track). They smooth out the car a lot and make it feel more "stuck".

Outdrives, I've tried both the POM outdrives that come stock on the TC kit, and the optional aluminum ones. The POM outdrives work awesome. I haven't really seen a need to go away from those. They wear for a reaallllyyyy long time, and are very light. I recently put the aluminum outdrives on and saw no performance gain... other than they look pretty cool

-Korey
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #13673
Tech Addict

Quote:
If over ride height I would go with 2mm front and 3mm rear. I think so long as you have 1mm difference front to rear you will be fine. You can go to 4mm in the rear and still get the same results.
thank you STLNLST il try that
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #13674
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
How would I go about getting a similar setting using the hpi droop gauge and running a 5mm ride height

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #13675
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
How would I go about getting a similar setting using the hpi droop gauge and running a 5mm ride height
do you mean how to get 2 mm droop but with a droop gauge , if yes mine shows 7 on the droop gauge and i get 2mm of droop over ride height . i also run 5mm ride height
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #13676
Tech Addict

ive got 1 question , i run modified on a very smooth track , low grip and medium fast . for the moment i have a 2.5 toe block in front and i was thinking about changing to a 1 or 1.5 toe block to have more corner speed .
would this be a good idea
thank you
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #13677
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
If going off a droop gauge I would go with 6mm front and 5mm rear. It all depends on the tire you are running as well. Sorex tire's are taller than RP and Jaco's. One thing to check once you set the droop using the blocks and then put your tire's back on....check to see what the droop is over ride height.

Quote:
ive got 1 question , i run modified on a very smooth track , low grip and medium fast . for the moment i have a 2.5 toe block in front and i was thinking about changing to a 1 or 1.5 toe block to have more corner speed .
would this be a good idea
thank you
Going from the 2.5 block to anything less will give the car better turn in and the car will carve the turns better. I would only do this if the car is pushing on corner entry and middle. If the track is low bite make sure that your rear end is locked in when making the changes in the front. I have played with 1.0 to 2.5 in the front and lately I have settle for 1.0 up front. Try the 1.5 first and see what you think. That way you have two choices you could make if you want to increase or decrease sweep in the front. Good luck and it's always fun testing.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #13678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Where does everyone get there parts for the cyclone in the US from? I can see anywhere on line that has a lot. Thanks!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #13679
Tech Addict

Quote:
I would only do this if the car is pushing on corner entry and middle. If the track is low bite make sure that your rear end is locked in when making the changes in the front. I have played with 1.0 to 2.5 in the front and lately I have settle for 1.0 up front. Try the 1.5 first and see what you think. That way you have two choices you could make if you want to increase or decrease sweep in the front. Good luck and it's always fun testing.
this is my case my car still pushes wide with droop 2mm fr , 3mm rear.
what do you mean by "rear end locked".
I also tried 5mm over ride height rear and 8mm over ride height front and i like it , would you recomend it ?
thank you
Old 08-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #13680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Where does everyone get there parts for the cyclone in the US from? I can see anywhere on line that has a lot. Thanks!
i have a box full of spares if your interesyt!
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote