R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #13561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What do I need to convert a cyclone black to a TC? What are the differences? Or would it be better just to get the TC?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #13562
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whats the biggest spur gear I can put on the car? I tried a 114 but it hits the chasis and hangs down too low. I'm trying to gear a 3.5T brushless.
XxRONNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #13563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
What do I need to convert a cyclone black to a TC? What are the differences? Or would it be better just to get the TC?
IMO it all depends on how hopped up your black is. I started out with the black and my car is hopped up as far as the parts I felt I needed. The only parts I feel that could benefit me is the new arms and sway bars. Again...these are all my opinions.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #13564
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
Whats the biggest spur gear I can put on the car? I tried a 114 but it hits the chasis and hangs down too low. I'm trying to gear a 3.5T brushless.
If you have the brushlss motor mount the 114 should just fit for gearing a 3.5 besides the spur gear sticking out the bottom you also have to worry about it hitting the "U" shapped plate in the rear.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #13565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
You would need the new upper bulkheads, new F/R shock towers, chassis, top deck, rear FRP plate, pro spec diff, arms, and new swaybar mounts. The new upper bulkheads only come in purple so it wouldn't match or you could have them anodized black. Oh and the 2 way front diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post

108 or a 110 but it will sit below the chassis a little but I have never had any problems.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #13566
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Hi Guys

Just wondering if those of you that run the LRP Sphere TC in the Cyclone TC wouldnt mind showing me your placement etc, the way I currently have it placed look's way to exposed and in a crash I dont think it would survive.

Cheers
Adrian
So this is the reason of all the PM's about my cyclone LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
I don t have a pic but I put it with the sensor slot facing the front and the tabs to the rear and the capacitor glued to the heatsink on the side.

Quote:
like blackedoutrevos mounting. it works great

That was the only place the cap fit on my car without being in the way, or hitting the belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
Wow! that is the most rediculous wiring job I've ever seen, is that your car or Black'doutrevo's? I want mine to look like that!
Haha thanks bro! Thats why I love electric TC's, I cant drive, so I spend my time wiring my car till it looks alright

Heres another pic

Theres a few pics of my cyclone (And MTX-4R in there also. My new baby)

Quote:
his but mine looks almost exactly like it. but with a spektrum micro and servo mounts.
Pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omoser View Post
where did get those nice black servo wires?
Just sharpie, Its a bic marker, makes the wires look black, not that weird color. Works better for me anyhow

Quote:
I believe he colored them with sharpie from what I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Well......it's time for battle again but this time I have to go at it alone since Scotty is running nitro this weekend. I have never run this car at the track I am going to but I'm sure the set up will be fine. 13.5 is the class of choice once again so hopefully I can continue my stoke of good luck.
Haha im running gas to! Your turn to swap man! Its SOOOOOO much fun!!

Good luck! Kick some
Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #13567
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
So this is the reason of all the PM's about my cyclone LOL

That was the only place the cap fit on my car without being in the way, or hitting the belts

Haha thanks bro! Thats why I love electric TC's, I cant drive, so I spend my time wiring my car till it looks alright

Heres another pic

Theres a few pics of my cyclone (And MTX-4R in there also. My new baby)

Pics?

Just sharpie, Its a bic marker, makes the wires look black, not that weird color. Works better for me anyhow

Haha im running gas to! Your turn to swap man! Its SOOOOOO much fun!!

Good luck! Kick some

Frickin' multi quote king.....LOL
Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #13568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

BOO YEAH!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #13569
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
are the old lower bulkheads the same as the ones on the new TC?
The older ones are almost exactly the same. The only difference is the older ones had a slight bevel on all the edges of the parts so they looked "rounded". The newer TC versions are just plain, with no beveled edges. So geometrically they are the same, but visually they are a little different.

-Korey
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #13570
Tech Addict

hi guys , i have two question please.

first question: is there any benefit of buying the 2 wayfront diff of the cyclone TC and the pro spec ball diff to put on my moorspeed.

second question: why does the cyclone TC has a plastic belt tensionner , plastic bearing cover , and differente sway bar mount then the moor speed . whats the benefit of all that .
also the rear lower suspension why is there suspension mounting holes on both side aswell as the sway bar mount .

Thank you
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:39 AM   #13571
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Could someone please point me in the right direction of a editable setup sheet for the TC Clone
Cheers Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 AM   #13572
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
hi guys , i have two question please.

first question: is there any benefit of buying the 2 wayfront diff of the cyclone TC and the pro spec ball diff to put on my moorspeed.

second question: why does the cyclone TC has a plastic belt tensionner , plastic bearing cover , and differente sway bar mount then the moor speed . whats the benefit of all that .
also the rear lower suspension why is there suspension mounting holes on both side aswell as the sway bar mount .

Thank you
Not much need for the two-way unless youre often changing between one-way and spool. Otherwise its a bit on the heavy side.

The belt tensioner locates better keeping it straight in relation to the topdeck at all times.
The plastic bearing holders reduce vibrations and finally the sway bar mounts these help the sway bars to move more freely and consistently, in addition they are far easier to adjust.
The reverse-able wishbones are used on both front and rear, they offer more tuning opportunities.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #13573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here you go. Not quite as neat but works for me.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #13574
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Noble View Post
The reverse-able wishbones are used on both front and rear, they offer more tuning opportunities.
Are the opportunities for a longer/shorter wheel base ???? (if yes) Is there more the new wishbones will change ???

Thank you
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #13575
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 179 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
Are the opportunities for a longer/shorter wheel base ???? (if yes) Is there more the new wishbones will change ???

Thank you
longer wheelbase will make the care more stable and better in high speed turns ( wide open tracks)

shorter wheelbase will make the car feel nimble and its good for small tight tracks.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote