Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #13337
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
small size track ?
because used 5.5T motor .
the track is like this :

http://www.wlrc.co.uk/
as you can see the straight of the track is curved but normaly its straight not curved only the picture is showing it curved
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #13338
Tech Adept

Starting setup for West London

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rtingsetup.jpg
Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #13339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
the track is like this :

http://www.wlrc.co.uk/
as you can see the straight of the track is curved but normaly its straight not curved only the picture is showing it curved
How many sec per lap ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #13340
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
How many sec per lap ?
Around 15.5 in modified.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #13341
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Noble View Post
Around 15.5 in modified.
U same at this track to play ?

But if 15.5s per lap , Mr.Cyclone Speed need change to 3.5T motor first.
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #13342
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is what happens when you're not happy with the last time you raced.....LOL New plastic everywhere It will be ready for electronic installation tomorrow if I don't get it all done today. My son's football practice zapps all the energy out of me I must be getting old!!! Scotty and I have some work to do against some of the guys that are Tamiya loyal on Sunday. Should be a great fun day......Well back to car rebuilding.

Pics are the front end on the left side of set up board, rear on the right, and chassis in the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1010825.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1010826.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1010827.jpg  
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #13343
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Check to make sure your chassis is perfectly straight. Remove the shocks from the car, and loosen all the top deck and rear deck screws. I usually take droop blocks on a hard, perfectly flat surface (glass, hudy setup board, or anything similar). Then I set the car on the droop blocks and make sure they aren't sitting directly under any screws, press down on the shock towers. While the shock towers are being pressed down, tighten the screws in a X pattern.

Also, sometimes tires with really large airgaps, or poor mounting jobs can make for a weird shaped tire that will throw the tweak off.

If that still has you in a tweaky situation, make sure your bulkheads are straight by taking them off the car and testing them on a peice of glass. Just lightly tap long the bulkhead while it's laying down on the glass to see if it rocks around or anything. I do periodically to my car to keep things in check.

The suspension blocks are suspect to being a little out of whack sometimes. They can twist the chassis if they are REALLY bad, but check and make sure they are flat anyway.

Hope that helps you out

-Korey
After you do all that, you can do one more thing. With everything back together and wheels off, put the car on a tweak board and take some callipers and measure the axles to the flat surface at rest. They should be the same from left to right and this ensures there isn't variations in hubs, steering knuckles, caster blocks, etc. Its just one final check to ensure something else isn't affecting the equation. They should be the same at rest. Also check that all bottom screws on chassis are countersunk correctly or it could mess up your car when checking the flatness and screw heads could hit gauges when measuring ride height and droop.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #13344
Tech Champion

FRONT END IS TOGETHER.......TIME FOR LUNCH!!!!! THIS THING ISN'T GOING TO GET FINISHED UNTIL TOMORROW IF I DON'T FINISH BEFORE FOOTBALL PRACTICE.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #13345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Skip Lunch! I'm secretly rooting for you STLNLST...time to put a dent in the Tamiya Crew's egos There are more Tamiyas at Marin than anything usually. I run Associated but we both believe in Novak so it gives us some common ground.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #13346
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Skip Lunch! I'm secretly rooting for you STLNLST...time to put a dent in the Tamiya Crew's egos There are more Tamiyas at Marin than anything usually. I run Associated but we both believe in Novak so it gives us some common ground.

The Novak is in a box airtight with lasers just in front of the entry door.....LOL It will stay there until the car is ready for it to be installed. I can't wait to break up the Tamiya group. You know I ran the TCS warm up race they had at norcal and TQ'ed and won with a field of Tamiya's....LOL I plan on making lighting strike twice come this Sunday......LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #13347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TheCoolCanFanMan- Shock length is 64.0mm front and rear. The smaller shims under the suspension blocks smooth it out and provide more traction mid corner. 5mm ride height is what I always run for the most part. The losi droop guage should be fine. I personally use the hudy droop guage and blocks. Gap on the roll bar mount is just the stock setting. I'm using the newer swaybar mounts so the gap is just to adjust/compensate for tweak in the swaybar. Losi shock oil is a tiny bit thinner than associated if I remember right, but like 2.5-5.0 wt thinner.

Timmay- I have the TC kit, and I noticed the front suspension pivots are actually machined so they have clearance for the steering linkage to move around. Hara used to actually just take a dremel and grind the suspension pivot untill it had enough room.

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #13348
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The Novak is in a box airtight with lasers just in front of the entry door.....LOL It will stay there until the car is ready for it to be installed. I can't wait to break up the Tamiya group. You know I ran the TCS warm up race they had at norcal and TQ'ed and won with a field of Tamiya's....LOL I plan on making lighting strike twice come this Sunday......LOL
As long as HB's wins, then im good!

Now HURRY!!! FINISH IT!

Also, the speed must have broke free, I see it in the 2nd pic You need better security!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #13349
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
As long as HB's wins, then im good!

Now HURRY!!! FINISH IT!

Also, the speed must have broke free, I see it in the 2nd pic You need better security!
there are two new one's waiting to go into something. One for on raod and the other off road. That one pictured is one that Scotty and I are gonna test with first thing Sunday morning. We have a few ideas from the Speedworld cup that we have been waiting to try my next time out.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #13350
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
there are two new one's waiting to go into something. One for on raod and the other off road. That one pictured is one that Scotty and I are gonna test with first thing Sunday morning. We have a few ideas from the Speedworld cup that we have been waiting to try my next time out.
i know your trying to catch up to Marcos J's post count, but you'll never finish that car if you keep posting.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote