Originally Posted by aviaar
What kinds of issues? Anything major?
Not so much as issues when it comes to building the car, but the quality of parts compared to the WCE version.
Heres my list
1) Plastic main bearing carriers, instead of the alloy purple ones you get with the WCE, to me the parts seem cheap, and could possibly distort with the heat thats generated from the bearings, jmo
2) Ariel mount is plastic (purple alloy in the WCE version)
3) Plastic servo mounts (purple alloy in the WCE version) could brake in a crash.
4) Plastic shock adjusters,(purple alloy in the WCE version) which move far to easy for my liking, and therefore can get accidentally spun round without noticing, and will upset the cars handling.
4a) Plastic shock retainers (purple alloy in the WCE version)
5) Plastic shock mounts (purple alloy in the WCE version) these are gona wear easier.
6) GRP rear deck ( why couldn't this been CF like the rest of the car)
7) Front bumper brace (this could of been made from CF to)
8) The turn buckles are black, not to fussed on this one, but not to sure of the strength of them, are they made from the same material as the WCE ones?
It would of been nice to have had all of the above as per WCE, so if someone could enlighten me to why this car has these plastic parts instead of the purple alloy parts, as this is supposed to be a high end car, and at $449 retail (I think) it should of come with the alloy parts
I do like the new rear diff though, other than the way you have to adjust it, but I might have a way round this (watch this space)
The multi diff at the front is also a nice touch, saves all the hassle of changing from one type of front drive to another.
I also like the drive-shaft make up, as the old ones seem to wear easy, even though I have a tool whereas you can drill new holes in the drive-shaft cups (called a Drill-Shaft-Tool, to view this, go to www.coolcanfan.com
) are these drive-shafts the same as the ones used in the S, Cyclone?
Hope this is not to much negativity, but just like to know why the TC has these parts.
Cheers Malc THE