R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #12586
Tech Fanatic

Default .....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cyclone gear chart 18T.pdf (12.5 KB, 168 views)
File Type: pdf Cyclone gear chart 16T.pdf (12.6 KB, 96 views)
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #12587
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Well IDK if Scott B reads this thread much, but

I went through my car's bearings, the rear bearings in the hubs were trashed! They were horrible, so I guess thats why it was noisy... And with the new bearings, the diff feels much better Just the rear bearings in the hubs were bad, all others are good
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #12588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
All I can say is WOW. This car was so dialed yesterday that I TQ'ed and won 10.5 at Norcal. The cheap fix for the rear toe in worked as well. Here's the break down for what to do.

Tamiya 416 rear hubs and the rear outter hinge pins is all you need and a reamer. The hot bodies rear outter hinge pins are 2.5mm and you need to ream the outter part of the arm to 2.6mm to fit the Tamiya hinge pins. Once you do this your toe in worries are over. (Insert clapping and rejoice) Now here's the catch... but it's a good one if you ask me. The Tamiya rear hub is shorter in height than the hotbodies so you will have to use shims in order to get it back to regular height. I added 3mm of shims. The last catch is that the holes on the Tamiya hub are inbetween the what we use for hotbodies. On the Hotbodies we always use the inner hole on the hub. The Tamiya hub has their hole inside the hotbodies inner hole and the Tamiya outter hole is inbetween the Hotbodies inner and outter hole (did I lose anyone in the explaination) So what I ran was the Tamiya ouuter hole (middle of the Hotbodies holes) The car was even better than it was for the Reedy race. I also made some spring changes and moved the rear shocks out a couple of holes.

This set up was dialed and Norcal yesterday. It's definately one of the better set up's I have run on the car. Scotty would be proud of me If you were at Norcal yesterday you saw the Black Hara in action I also palyed around with bodies yesterday and really liked the all purpose stratus.....remember that body? The speedworld cup is gonna be fun. The complete set up I ran will be posted today for sure. I only have one thing to do with my kids and other than watching the playoff game I have no other plans as of right now.
...dude ...I have the mullet, we just gaotta shave the sides off and you can wear it and really look like a black hara.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #12589
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

my front bearings were bad after one weekend of racing. these bearing are cheap.
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #12590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Actually the Hpi/HB bearings in the cyclone kits are some of the best non ceramic bearings in r/c kits. Unfortunately you had a bad experience with yours. It happens.I have owned 4 cyclones and have run them all with original bearings with only 2 bearing failures due to not maintaining them as often as I should.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #12591
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

for you guys running the 18t center pulleys - did you need to change the belts?? If so, what are the part numbers??

Can the stock belts work with the 18t pulleys? I just got the white Excel belts and really hate to have to take them off my car

thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #12592
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
for you guys running the 18t center pulleys - did you need to change the belts?? If so, what are the part numbers??

Can the stock belts work with the 18t pulleys? I just got the white Excel belts and really hate to have to take them off my car

thanks!
Yes, the longer 170T and 63T belts are needed for the 18T pulleys.

Rear 63T - 66494
Front 170T - 66493
Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #12593
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Actually the Hpi/HB bearings in the cyclone kits are some of the best non ceramic bearings in r/c kits. Unfortunately you had a bad experience with yours. It happens.I have owned 4 cyclones and have run them all with original bearings with only 2 bearing failures due to not maintaining them as often as I should.
I think so to! These are a year old, and it was just the bearings in the rear hubs, front knuckles..... I have never did anything to them once, so im not shocked they went bad
Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #12594
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I think so to! These are a year old, and it was just the bearings in the rear hubs, front knuckles..... I have never did anything to them once, so im not shocked they went bad
keep up on the little things and that will help keep the car is great working condition. Drag brake should be in the motor....not the bearings....LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #12595
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
keep up on the little things and that will help keep the car is great working condition. Drag brake should be in the motor....not the bearings....LOL
Yeah I know, this year I will... Last year if my car went left, and right, and went straight I was good.... I need to get good now
Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #12596
Tech Master

Guys
Only a thought, but would it be an idea to start a TC Clone thread, as there is a lot of other models in this thread, and would be nice to have a thread solely for the NEW TC, one reason is, im just building one, and don't wana trawl through this thread to find anything on the new car, those of you that agree say Eye
Malc THECANMAN
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #12597
Tech Elite

This thread is fine...

New cyclone, or older, the car is the same really... Anyone that has one is in this thread, and set up etc is all the same

I dont see any reason, just IMO tho
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #12598
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
This thread is fine...

New cyclone, or older, the car is the same really... Anyone that has one is in this thread, and set up etc is all the same

I dont see any reason, just IMO tho
I have a WCE and have just purchased the TC and the car will NOT have the same set up, as the car has different geometry. does any one have a set up for the TC yet, or any tips when going to build her please.
Cheers Malc
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #12599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
I have a WCE and have just purchased the TC and the car will NOT have the same set up, as the car has different geometry. does any one have a set up for the TC yet, or any tips when going to build her please.
Cheers Malc
Whats different?

I havent seen any set ups around, but there might be from the REEDY race, but I dont think anyone really has one yet, I know my LHS didnt get them till the reedy weekend...
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #12600
Tech Adept

Hi guys, what does it do the handling of the car going from 2mm under all the blocks to 1mm. I know most of the setups you see around everyone runs 1.5mm front and rear. can you tell me what this will do?

Thanks
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote