R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #12541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........................

Jet Racing part # CYL-08P has corrected my toe in problem. Now I know for sure that my plan B will work as well. My buddy will be meeting me at Norcal hobbies this weekend to give me the two parts I need to solve the toe in problem at a cheaper price. Although the Jet racing part was only $17 for alum rear hubs. Look for a full race report on Saturday night/Sunday from me.
This might be a dumb question...... but...... So what your saying is this part will even out the rear toe-in problem at 3 degrees each side ? Or will this part zero out the rear toe at 0 degrees each side ? Thanks
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #12542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Gear Diff in Cyclone
HPI 199x Year 39T pulley gear diff
use 2pcs 10mm washer , 1pc 4mm washer & 2pcs 46mm UNIVERSAL DRIVER SHAFT ( Pro 4 or TC3 )

I'm sorry but I don't understand what he is trying to say ?
Anybody ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #12543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviaar View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. I asked originally because HB offers an option part for about half as much as the kit costs that's called "brushless motor mount", and I wanted to see if it was absolutely necessary to spend that much in order to run a motor of the brushless variety. I take it if I want a car that can handle any motor I probably need to look beyond the S, say the TC that just came out? Are the competition level cars actually more capable or are they more about the bling?
If you are getting charged half the price of a cyclone s for a brushless motor mount you should probably be looking to buy it somewhere else.

Like i said:
Depends on brushless motor and cells.
6 cell, 3.5 and 4.5 you probably need it
5 cell you dont.

If you dont understand what that means you shouldnt be running motors of that type and you wont need the brushless motor mount.

If you are going to run anything faster than 27T stock you would be better off considering a full level kit.

It sounds like you are new to racing, if this is the case you shouldnt be considering running anything bigger than 27T brushed 13.5T for a year. There is a lot more to learn than strapping in the fastest motor to a chassis. The cyclone S is a cheaper car its tuning options are little more limited and some parts less efficient/durable.

You should probably read/enquire in the Cyclone S thread for Cyclone S queries as most people here have probably never seen one.

Tub Cyclone `S`
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #12544
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand what he is trying to say ?
Anybody ?
Hmmm **SHRUG**

Although is it possible to get the search function on rcmarket.com.hk fixed. Dont know about you guys but it never works for me, and its impossible to find stuff
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #12545
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
This might be a dumb question...... but...... So what your saying is this part will even out the rear toe-in problem at 3 degrees each side ? Or will this part zero out the rear toe at 0 degrees each side ? Thanks
3 degrees either side, obviously depending on the pivot block actually being used....
Old 06-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #12546
Tech Regular

Quote:
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........................

Jet Racing part # CYL-08P has corrected my toe in problem. Now I know for sure that my plan B will work as well. My buddy will be meeting me at Norcal hobbies this weekend to give me the two parts I need to solve the toe in problem at a cheaper price. Although the Jet racing part was only $17 for alum rear hubs. Look for a full race report on Saturday night/Sunday from me.
This is very interesting... Only problem is i dont like aluminium parts at all.

Anybody knows another brand of composite hubs that are good fit for the cyclone?
I know that xray ones are good quality, but they use 3mm pivot (not big problem since i can dremel the arms to 3mm) and are slightly taller. They also seem to run the cvd in a lower position.
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #12547
Tech Elite

Yeah i dont like the idea of aluminium hubs either. Ive had a lot of spare hubs for a while and i think mine are ok.

But now that means when you buy a knuckle you are effectively getting charged double cause the rear hub is useless. Although they should be sold seperately anyway as knuckles get replaced twice as fast as the rear hub. We should parcel a bunch of faulty hubs together and send them back to the factory for replacement as faulty parts.

I wonder what all the factory guys are doing to get around the problem.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #12548
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
I wonder what all the factory guys are doing to get around the problem.

Not much at the moment,ive got plenty of old rear hubs that seem to be fine so lets hope they last a while! Im not into alu parts atall.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #12549
Tech Master

I have a WCE Clone, IT has 3 degree toe on the left and 2 on the rite, I changed the right hub carrier, and now I have around 2.8 on the right. Any one tried the Losi rear hubs, as there seems to be this prob with the hubs, could we not use a 0 degree hub on the left and a 1 degree hub on the right? maybe a stupid question but hey
Cheers Malc TCCFM
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #12550
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
This will make you rear toe what ever it is suppose to be. If you have your 3 degree block on then you get 3 degrees per side. If you have your 2 degree block on the you get 2 degrees per side. All of the rear toe in problems are in the molded blocks. After I do my last test on Saturday I will post results and the two part numbers needed to do the modification.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #12551
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
This is very interesting... Only problem is i dont like aluminium parts at all.

Anybody knows another brand of composite hubs that are good fit for the cyclone?
I know that xray ones are good quality, but they use 3mm pivot (not big problem since i can dremel the arms to 3mm) and are slightly taller. They also seem to run the cvd in a lower position.
wait until Saturday bro.......I got ya covered
Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #12552
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=mangoman;4510830]
But now that means when you buy a knuckle you are effectively getting charged double cause the rear hub is useless. Although they should be sold seperately anyway as knuckles get replaced twice as fast as the rear hub. QUOTE]

I agree with you on that one. The Hotbodies car has been different from every other car I have been use to. I'd like to have 2 knuckles when I purchase one pack rather than one knuckle and one rear hub. I have no clue what I'm going to do with all the rear hubs I currently have though. I might just put them on ebay.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #12553
Tech Master

[QUOTE=STLNLST;4511399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
But now that means when you buy a knuckle you are effectively getting charged double cause the rear hub is useless. Although they should be sold seperately anyway as knuckles get replaced twice as fast as the rear hub. QUOTE]

I agree with you on that one. The Hotbodies car has been different from every other car I have been use to. I'd like to have 2 knuckles when I purchase one pack rather than one knuckle and one rear hub. I have no clue what I'm going to do with all the rear hubs I currently have though. I might just put them on ebay.

Personally I think the knuckles are just as useless. Look at them the wrong way and they crack....
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #12554
Tech Regular

Quote:
wait until Saturday bro.......I got ya covered
Thanks mate
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #12555
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Use the xray knuckles they are stronger and allow you to dial OUT ackerman more than the hotbodies ones if needed.