Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aviaar
thanks for all of the replies

mangoman - are you saying that the stock kit isn't durable enough for the faster motors, or that I would need to change the gearing (spur, etc.)...or both?
Depends on the motor, it would help if you were specific about what you are trying to run. Saying brushless motor could mean anything, it doesnt really help saying that....

If you buy an entry level kit dont expect it to be ideal for running a modified class motor.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mangoman
Depends on the motor, it would help if you were specific about what you are trying to run. Saying brushless motor could mean anything, it doesnt really help saying that....

If you buy an entry level kit dont expect it to be ideal for running a modified class motor.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I asked originally because HB offers an option part for about half as much as the kit costs that's called "brushless motor mount", and I wanted to see if it was absolutely necessary to spend that much in order to run a motor of the brushless variety. I take it if I want a car that can handle any motor I probably need to look beyond the S, say the TC that just came out? Are the competition level cars actually more capable or are they more about the bling?

Last edited by aviaar; 06-04-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........................

Jet Racing part # CYL-08P has corrected my toe in problem. Now I know for sure that my plan B will work as well. My buddy will be meeting me at Norcal hobbies this weekend to give me the two parts I need to solve the toe in problem at a cheaper price. Although the Jet racing part was only $17 for alum rear hubs. Look for a full race report on Saturday night/Sunday from me.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST

Jet Racing part # CYL-08P has corrected my toe in problem. Now I know for sure that my plan B will work as well. My buddy will be meeting me at Norcal hobbies this weekend to give me the two parts I need to solve the toe in problem at a cheaper price. Although the Jet racing part was only $17 for alum rear hubs. Look for a full race report on Saturday night/Sunday from me.

does rc market stock this part or is it only available from precision rc?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
we sister co. is RC HOBBY CO. !
Old 06-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anyone know aood starting point for a stock motor, what FDR with 100 spur?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
I'm not sure. I plan on checking out RCMarkets website and seeing what they have.

The header card has a website for jet racing.

www.jethobby.com

Last edited by STLNLST; 06-05-2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a cyclone for sale in the sale trade forum if anyone is looking for one. Ready to run with radio and charger and TONS of extra parts.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-car-package.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-closeup.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-other.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This might be a dumb question...... but...... So what your saying is this part will even out the rear toe-in problem at 3 degrees each side ? Or will this part zero out the rear toe at 0 degrees each side ? Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Gear Diff in Cyclone
HPI 199x Year 39T pulley gear diff
use 2pcs 10mm washer , 1pc 4mm washer & 2pcs 46mm UNIVERSAL DRIVER SHAFT ( Pro 4 or TC3 )

I'm sorry but I don't understand what he is trying to say ?
Anybody ?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aviaar
Yeah, I know what you mean. I asked originally because HB offers an option part for about half as much as the kit costs that's called "brushless motor mount", and I wanted to see if it was absolutely necessary to spend that much in order to run a motor of the brushless variety. I take it if I want a car that can handle any motor I probably need to look beyond the S, say the TC that just came out? Are the competition level cars actually more capable or are they more about the bling?
If you are getting charged half the price of a cyclone s for a brushless motor mount you should probably be looking to buy it somewhere else.

Like i said:
Depends on brushless motor and cells.
6 cell, 3.5 and 4.5 you probably need it
5 cell you dont.

If you dont understand what that means you shouldnt be running motors of that type and you wont need the brushless motor mount.

If you are going to run anything faster than 27T stock you would be better off considering a full level kit.

It sounds like you are new to racing, if this is the case you shouldnt be considering running anything bigger than 27T brushed 13.5T for a year. There is a lot more to learn than strapping in the fastest motor to a chassis. The cyclone S is a cheaper car its tuning options are little more limited and some parts less efficient/durable.

You should probably read/enquire in the Cyclone S thread for Cyclone S queries as most people here have probably never seen one.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112814
Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag88
I'm sorry but I don't understand what he is trying to say ?
Anybody ?
Hmmm **SHRUG**

Although is it possible to get the search function on rcmarket.com.hk fixed. Dont know about you guys but it never works for me, and its impossible to find stuff
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lightfoot
This might be a dumb question...... but...... So what your saying is this part will even out the rear toe-in problem at 3 degrees each side ? Or will this part zero out the rear toe at 0 degrees each side ? Thanks
3 degrees either side, obviously depending on the pivot block actually being used....
Old 06-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

This is very interesting... Only problem is i dont like aluminium parts at all.

Anybody knows another brand of composite hubs that are good fit for the cyclone?
I know that xray ones are good quality, but they use 3mm pivot (not big problem since i can dremel the arms to 3mm) and are slightly taller. They also seem to run the cvd in a lower position.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah i dont like the idea of aluminium hubs either. Ive had a lot of spare hubs for a while and i think mine are ok.

But now that means when you buy a knuckle you are effectively getting charged double cause the rear hub is useless. Although they should be sold seperately anyway as knuckles get replaced twice as fast as the rear hub. We should parcel a bunch of faulty hubs together and send them back to the factory for replacement as faulty parts.

I wonder what all the factory guys are doing to get around the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.