R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #12271
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Nice!
I don't like knocking othe companies stuff but I haven't seen a mamba system yet that was up to par with the Novak or LRP. Maybe it's because all the fast guys out here are running those systems and the guys that are running it don't do it justice because their cars are never set up correctly or the system is just plain slow. I don't know and I don't care. I just know that my Orange stuff is the King out here in Norcal and I take pride in that.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #12272
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England, South
Posts: 13
Default Wonky Rear Toe

Hi, has any body found a cure for the perenial rear toe problem for these cyclones.

I have one rear at 4 degree toe and the other side at 1 degree. I have tried changing arms and hubs to reduce the error but still not purfect.

Any ideas ?
Tweaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #12273
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
Hi, has any body found a cure for the perenial rear toe problem for these cyclones.

I have one rear at 4 degree toe and the other side at 1 degree. I have tried changing arms and hubs to reduce the error but still not purfect.

Any ideas ?
I think you may have to get alum rear hubs to correct the problem if it's that bad.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 AM   #12274
Tech Addict
 
Thraex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
Hi, has any body found a cure for the perenial rear toe problem for these cyclones.

I have one rear at 4 degree toe and the other side at 1 degree. I have tried changing arms and hubs to reduce the error but still not purfect.

Any ideas ?
If you're calling yourself "Tweaky" you are just asking for problems...
On a serious note, 3 degree difference is a lot, check your pivot blocks. Because it's probably too much of a difference for the tweak to be in the arms/hubs.
If you don't have any spares, you can temporarily use the ones from the front so you can check if that solves it.
__________________
Thijs van M[HPI/HB]
Thraex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #12275
Tech Regular
 
rcarmchl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 492
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I know that the X-ray front end will work on the Cyclone...what about the rear, that might solve the issue?

On another note, I have an issue of my own, while racing yesterday I brushed a pipe on the left rear tire, it got all out of shape, pulled it off the track and upon further inspection the inner pin pulled itself from the pivot block, this happened two mor times after that...how do I cure this? replace the suspension arm as it seems to be soft????
__________________
Blizzard Concepts ~Big-Dog Graphics

Cyclone ~ Orion ~ LRP Sphere ~ S9550
M03 ~ Orion ~ LRP QC3 ~ S9550
RC18R ~ Castle Creations ~ Hi-tec
Slash ~ 9550 ~ SMC Power
8ight-T~9550~V-Spec
rcarmchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #12276
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,166
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarmchl View Post
I know that the X-ray front end will work on the Cyclone...what about the rear, that might solve the issue?

On another note, I have an issue of my own, while racing yesterday I brushed a pipe on the left rear tire, it got all out of shape, pulled it off the track and upon further inspection the inner pin pulled itself from the pivot block, this happened two mor times after that...how do I cure this? replace the suspension arm as it seems to be soft????
check your pivot block too
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #12277
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Glad it worked good for you in practice. Its a really smooth setup, with the spec tires for the REEDY it has and intial push getting in but it worked good with them.What motor did you run and what is the 7700kv equil. to??
I ran a 4600kv (more then a 10.5=4200kv) on carpet so I left it in to try your setup and get my asphalt legs on again.
The 7700kv on paper is between the 4.5 and 5.5, I ran the 7700 all last year. On the track it runs with a good 4.5 when geared right. Both my Mamba max's have tremendous mid-band HP witch makes them unpredictable in TC's as stated by rcenut123. I run my low end up and it helps smooth out the mid-band. My 7700 will pull away from the 3.5's and 4.5's coming onto a strait but the 3.5's will pass me on the long straits.

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 05-12-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #12278
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
I ran a 4600kv (more then a 10.5=4200kv) on carpet so I left it in to try your setup and get my asphalt legs on again.
The 7700kv on paper is between the 4.5 and 5.5, I ran the 7700 all last year. On the track it runs with a good 4.5 when geared right. Both my Mamba max's have tremendous mid-band HP witch makes them unpredictable in TC's as stated by rcenut123. I run my low end up and it helps smooth out the mid-band. My 7700 will pull away from the 3.5's and 4.5's coming onto a strait but the 3.5's will pass me on the long straits.
really
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #12279
ASM
Tech Master
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,347
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

STLNLST, what insert are you guys using the 36's? Thanks.
__________________
Scott Meeks

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #12280
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
really
Really and I did not get a T-shirt ether
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #12281
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
STLNLST, what insert are you guys using the 36's? Thanks.
right now we are running the premounts from speedmind but when I glue up my own then it's all Hara inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
Really and I did not get a T-shirt ether
If no shirt then some stickers???????????
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #12282
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'm going back to our standard set up. It was consistent and always kept me in the hunt for the win. I tested alot of set up's in two days and find myself sticking with the regular.
I know you race mod but I'm not sure what the tracks you race on are like. Do you think the standard set up will work on a layout with many tight turns???
I think I have that set up sheet but I,m not sure it's the one you are using.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #12283
Tech Elite
 
wikedgmc's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,239
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to wikedgmc
Default

which Hara inserts are you using? The medium or the firm, version 1 or version 2?

thanks
wikedgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #12284
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 930
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Where are people getting the hara inserts from?
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #12285
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
I know you race mod but I'm not sure what the tracks you race on are like. Do you think the standard set up will work on a layout with many tight turns???
I think I have that set up sheet but I,m not sure it's the one you are using.
I'd give it a try. It worked on Speedworld's big track in mod and worked on a smaller track in 19/10.5 Did i send you the set up via email? If so then that's what I'll be running this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikedgmc View Post
which Hara inserts are you using? The medium or the firm, version 1 or version 2?

thanks
Hara firms and I'm using version 1. They seem to feel the sorex tire better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vega View Post
Where are people getting the hara inserts from?
I got all of mine over seas last year. I bought a ton of them and with us running mostly handout tire's (RIP RP30's) it took me a while to go through them. I do have to find me a new source for them.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net