R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #11491
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Is it smoother then the normal diff?

Is it worth the money, or?

BlackedOutREVO,
yeah, it's definitely worth it.
For the Pro-Spec Diff, you don't have to tighten so the diff will be able to work way smoother.

1. Large Ceramic Differential Balls (3mm)
2. Bigger diameter for the holes on the pulley. (less pressure)
3. Bigger Differential Screw (2.6mm) with more thrust balls

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #11492
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Hiro,

when is the new car going to be in the "system"

- Chris
What's up Chris!!
I will give you the update for the new car every week! so that you won't miss anything, does it sound good for you? haha!!

see you tomorrow anyway...
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #11493
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
BlackedOutREVO,
yeah, it's definitely worth it.
For the Pro-Spec Diff, you don't have to tighten so the diff will be able to work way smoother.

1. Large Ceramic Differential Balls (3mm)
2. Bigger diameter for the holes on the pulley. (less pressure)
3. Bigger Differential Screw (2.6mm) with more thrust balls

Thanks,
As it is, I dont think I want my diff any looser, you can free spin mine, and the diff doesnt slip one bit

But I get what your saying, sounds nice! I will buy the diff kit when my current outdrives are no good anymore
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #11494
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
What's up Chris!!
I will give you the update for the new car every week! so that you won't miss anything, does it sound good for you? haha!!

see you tomorrow anyway...
Hiro, hell yah that'd be awesome. im trying to run your car, but when i was about to purchase the MooreSpeed.. i saw the announcement for the new car. so i'll just wait until the new one comes out.

- chris
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

Last edited by Hebiki; 03-21-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #11495
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,490
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

So is this version of the Cyclone a replacement of the AME car?Is it the new High end spec sedan for HB?I have a brand new AME that I can just update or are there huge changes other then the diff?

Hebiki,it's cool to see you branch out to a different brand besides the Big T.The cyclone from the original black version have been super fast and is still fast and I like the idea of upgrading rather then replacing.Hopefully we get a Hotbodies series race up here sometime.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #11496
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
So is this version of the Cyclone a replacement of the AME car?Is it the new High end spec sedan for HB?I have a brand new AME that I can just update or are there huge changes other then the diff?

Hebiki,it's cool to see you branch out to a different brand besides the Big T.The cyclone from the original black version have been super fast and is still fast and I like the idea of upgrading rather then replacing.Hopefully we get a Hotbodies series race up here sometime.
This is like the black cyclone, its just a cyclone

Hara, Moore will have there version soon im sure So no, it isnt replacing the AME

Theres nothing major that you cant upgrade, but I dont think the car will be any faster then the current cyclone
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #11497
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,490
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

That makes sense.I guess I will be ordering the new diff then.You running Reedy this year?You should.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #11498
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The new Cyclone TC will be available in a couple of month actually.

But here is the thing. The new Cyclone will have so many updates like main chassis, top deck, shock towers (F/R), diffs (F/R), bulk heads (F/R), suspension arms, sway bar holder, etc. However, current WCE kit (Andy Moore Edition) still has some better points too. (new Cyclone TC has steel turnbuckles, non-coated hinge pins, etc)

We made the new Cyclone TC at a lot more affordable price this time. So I wouldn't say that updating the Cyclone you have is cheaper (or easier because there is so many parts you will have to update) than just buying another new kit.

In addition, like I said the new Cyclone will have a lot of new features, I would consider the new Cyclone will be the flagship model.

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #11499
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,135
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

CYCLONE TC many Alum. parts ( Servo mount , 10x15 bearing holder ... & titanium parts not have .
& is old type motor mount .
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #11500
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
That makes sense.I guess I will be ordering the new diff then.You running Reedy this year?You should.
Thats all I want, the multi diff is cool, but I rarely run a one way...

I want to, probably will if Grant goes, I will decide closer to the day

Heres my layout on my cyclone, shoo goo'd the servo so its up more, a long grub screw for a steering linkage, then FASST RX, and TC Sphere all on the chassis, nothing has to hang off Pics arent to great, was all shade in my backyard lol





__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #11501
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
So is this version of the Cyclone a replacement of the AME car?Is it the new High end spec sedan for HB?I have a brand new AME that I can just update or are there huge changes other then the diff?

Hebiki,it's cool to see you branch out to a different brand besides the Big T.The cyclone from the original black version have been super fast and is still fast and I like the idea of upgrading rather then replacing.Hopefully we get a Hotbodies series race up here sometime.
2boys1cup..aka mr. hicks..

ive branched out before (yokomo BD, xray T2, and more recently TC5). but none really fit my driving style (if you can call on/off, full wood all the time a driving style) ... until i tried Hiro's car at BCR. now i just need to decide if i should purchase a AME now...or wait for the Cyclone TC. a "couple" of months is a long time.

the car is definitely fast and consistent for me with steering ive been looking for/wanting.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #11502
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,490
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

What Ling and I do in our own time....well it's everyones business now.

The Cyclone{and all its variants} has been the best car I have owned so far.I have raced them all.Its fast on carpet but it kills on asphalt.I have had every version,including the Surikarn Blue and they always feel the same which is why I was asking about the new version.Since its a couple months out,I will just run the AME.You racing the Reedy? Should be a fun race.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #11503
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,490
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Heres my layout on my cyclone, shoo goo'd the servo so its up more, a long grub screw for a steering linkage, then FASST RX, and TC Sphere all on the chassis, nothing has to hang off Pics arent to great, was all shade in my backyard lol





You have been hanging around Scotty B too much.Very nice.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #11504
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
What Ling and I do in our own time....well it's everyones business now.

The Cyclone{and all its variants} has been the best car I have owned so far.I have raced them all.Its fast on carpet but it kills on asphalt.I have had every version,including the Surikarn Blue and they always feel the same which is why I was asking about the new version.Since its a couple months out,I will just run the AME.You racing the Reedy? Should be a fun race.
unfortunately no reedy for me. so someone else has to step up and dominate the G-main like i did last year. but i definitely need to hit up norcal for some racing at norcal hobbies and speedworld.

looks like i need an AME for myself also.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #11505
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
You have been hanging around Scotty B too much.Very nice.
Haha, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
unfortunately no reedy for me. so someone else has to step up and dominate the G-main like i did last year. but i definitely need to hit up norcal for some racing at norcal hobbies and speedworld.

looks like i need an AME for myself also.
That will be me if I go lmao! G main here I come!
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 08:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 08:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 03:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 06:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0