R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #11446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Actually I prefer running the car with less Ackerman effect. The indoor asphalt Iím running is so much traction, it wasnít even funny. The surface is so smooth. We have an indoor carpet track as well, during the peak of the carpet season and big race. I would take the same car same set up and run on this asphalt, the car would have traction roll on every turns and thatís guaranty.

I ran my Xray with a decent amount of the Ackerman effect but my inside front tire scrub too much speed off, I reduced the amount of the effect out the car felt much better.

Normally I would have about 2~3 degrees difference between outside and inside wheel. I have to admit tho I have not measure it yet. So sue me

But I will sure to try out all of the set up possible.
komkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #11447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by komkit View Post
Actually I prefer running the car with less Ackerman effect. The indoor asphalt Iím running is so much traction, it wasnít even funny. The surface is so smooth. We have an indoor carpet track as well, during the peak of the carpet season and big race. I would take the same car same set up and run on this asphalt, the car would have traction roll on every turns and thatís guaranty.

I ran my Xray with a decent amount of the Ackerman effect but my inside front tire scrub too much speed off, I reduced the amount of the effect out the car felt much better.

Normally I would have about 2~3 degrees difference between outside and inside wheel. I have to admit tho I have not measure it yet. So sue me

Sure way wayyyyy too much traction the past 2 weeks and the C.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #11448
Tech Adept

Quote:

Cool
Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #11449
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
How are you cycling/charging the SMC pack? Are you heating the pack?
Just charging it like a regular pack. I don't plan on trying to heat the pack. If it doesn't run strong in regular charging then I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get performance. At the club level if I have to do that to get performance then I'll just run nitro.....LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #11450
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Just charging it like a regular pack. I don't plan on trying to heat the pack. If it doesn't run strong in regular charging then I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get performance. At the club level if I have to do that to get performance then I'll just run nitro.....LOL
Let me know how the pack works out Because im running Orion 3600 now and i like how u can plug in from the top extra C's is never a bad thing but if u can not see a improvment then i well just pick up another Orion 3600
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #11451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

what are those weights you added to the battery? just lead weights heat shrinked? where did you get it?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #11452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
Let me know how the pack works out Because im running Orion 3600 now and i like how u can plug in from the top extra C's is never a bad thing but if u can not see a improvment then i well just pick up another Orion 3600
will do. I'm sure someone like Paul L. could tell the difference but I'm not up to his level and my laptimes were exactly the same. I did this running 10.5 but this weekend will be all mod testing for the Reedy race. I will fill you in on punch out of the corners and overall feel of the car. Laptimes will also be carefully looked at.

Here are a couple of pics of the custom lead weights shooo gooed to my Orion 4800 the pack is still lighter than a nihm but I have other custom lead pieces to place on the car to bring it up to Roar specs. For club racing my only concern was balancing the car from left to right.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-p3190582.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p3190583.jpg  
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #11453
Tech Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Finally done, canít wait to test drive it this weekend. Hope Xray C-hub and steering block can stand my beating

Here are a few shots I took before it can not be identified in a few weeks.

is that a LRP motor how do u like it
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #11454
Tech Addict

we made are weight sit on the bottom of the battery in the holes also i think u are only going to see the 28c kick in when u are in the straight not in lap times
Old 03-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #11455
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
The 61086 WC Ed. Front Solid Axle Ver. 3 will fit in your car. The Ver. 3 spool is much better than the one you're using. The outdrives are much stronger and last a long time. I'm still using the same outdrives in front after a year of racing. Mostly in the 13.5 class.

The diff cup adapters will not fit in the Ver. 3 spool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
agreed. The ver. 3 spool is the way to go! Its only $16-20 depending on where you buy it.

You never have to replace the replaceable cups because they simply don't wear like the earlier versions 1 and 2.
Thanks for the info, guys. I will be placing my order ASAP.

RR
exdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #11456
Tech Regular

Hi there, anyone using trakpower lipo battery on their cyclones?

What modifications do I need to do to make it fit?

Many Thanks.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #11457
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post

Many Thanks.
I am!!!

Zero mods, throw it in and its good!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #11458
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post

Many Thanks.
It's not a Serpent
Old 03-20-2008, 03:07 AM   #11459
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
what are those weights you added to the battery? just lead weights heat shrinked? where did you get it?
The weights on the outer edge of the pack are the lead and shrink wrapped (80g). The one on the top of the pack is a stick of tool steel (75g). I also have 25g of lead added on the other side of the pack (Nexus Racing Li-Po weight set).

I decided to make the pack weight 410g because I ran them both on my Xray as well. Cyclone was much easier to balance the left and right then Xray.

You can most likely to buy the lead from you LHS. Mine was http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK204&P=ML from the LHS.

Or be nice to some local tires shop and ask them if they have some wheel balancing weight that they are throwing away.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:15 AM   #11460
Tech Master

Quote:
is that a LRP motor how do u like it
It is a 13.5 LRP, so far so good I have nothing to complain. I have no others 13.5 to compare it with. I have 17.5 (Novak), in my personal opinion I think Novak is much smoother. 13.5 give me between 3/10 to .5 sec faster lap times over 17.5. I may pick another 13.5, probably Speedpasion.

For the ESC I like Novak GTB better more linear and smoother then SpeedPasion. I am using SP ESC just because of the convenience of the external programmable box. The old eyes missed the blink of the LEDs on Novak all the time LOL