R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #10726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Yes... I dont, but my buddy swapped from a cyclone S, to a normal cyclone, and he just drilled, and countersunk 2 holes to screw the posts down, and it works pretty good
anyway to do it without drilling?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #10727
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

what happens when you switch from 0, 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 degree blocks in the front?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #10728
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
what happens when you switch from 0, 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 degree blocks in the front?
apparently the higher the number of the front toe block the more aggresive steering you will get, providing you re-adjust the camber and ride height and toe back to where they where before you changed the block, as changing the block will effect all these things......
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #10729
Tech Elite

by aggresive(sp?) do you mean more steering?
Old 02-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #10730
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
anyway to do it without drilling?
Not that I know of...... I use tape
Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #10731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
by aggresive(sp?) do you mean more steering?
yes more
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #10732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Not that I know of...... I use tape

dang! whats the magical way to get tape to work without having the batteries fall out all the time?

Im already trying to figure out a work around...

does tape thats part velcro exist? Would rock if it could be regular strong fiber-type tape as it goes underneath the chassis then over the top of the batteries it can be velcro style stuff...hmmm....

i just got the perfect idea for a battery strap. But uh...now that i think about it, it wouldnt work without help. The holes for the tape to pass through...well i figured id get some really strong reinforced tape or zip ties or something and modify a battery strap from a different car to loop through the bar and then tighten the tape/velcro/whaterver down to pull and tighten down the battery strap over the batteries. After i thought about it though, id require a stopper id have to loop through then pass the tape (or whatever materieal i use) through the slot for the tape, the stopper would have to be really long and flat or tapered so as to not add any thickness or portrude from the bottom of the chassis. Thats the problem lol. Seemed like a good idea to me at first but that last bit made me sad. I wouldnt even know how to make/find a loop holder/stopper like that. I was hoping there would be two holes so i can loop through the slots instead...boooo....

then again i need to get a good look at a cyclone to really know what im doing lol.

Last edited by Syber Serulean; 02-04-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #10733
Tech Elite

Quote:
dang! whats the magical way to get tape to work without having the batteries fall out all the time?

does tape thats part velcro exist? Would rock if it could be regular strong fiber-type tape as it goes underneath the chassis then over the top of the batteries it can be velcro style stuff...hmmm....

i just got the perfect idea for a battery strap. But uh...now that i think about it, it wouldnt work without help. The holes for the tape to pass through...well i figured id get some really strong reinforced tape or zip ties or something and modify a battery strap from a different car to loop through the bar and then tighten the tape/velcro/whaterver down to pull and tighten down the battery strap over the batteries. After i thought about it though, id require a stopper id have to loop through then pass the tape (or whatever materieal i use) through the slot for the tape, the stopper would have to be really long and flat or tapered so as to not add any thickness or portrude from the bottom of the chassis. Thats the problem lol. Seemed like a good idea to me at first but that last bit made me sad. I wouldnt even know how to make/find a loop holder/stopper like that. I was hoping there would be two holes so i can loop through the slots instead...boooo....

then again i need to get a good look at a cyclone to really know what im doing lol.
Buy nice tape..... I buy tape from Intertape, its black, and it comes in a huge roll, its sticky, and strong as heck! Its like 10 bucks a roll at my track (speed world raceway) And then you have to file/shave the bottom of the chassis where the tape goes into the chassis... And then after that, I double up my tape just to make sure, so tape the batt in, and then put another round of tape on

Im still on my same roll after a race season, and TONS of practice, and I still have a good bit left.... You can use the same set of tape for atleast a race day
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #10734
Tech Elite

just use strapping tape from your hardware store, thats what the R/C industry uses but they jack up the price. This strapping tape is less than $4/roll at your hardware store.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #10735
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:

using tape to secure your batteries in should almost be 99% effective. Unless you're using some real cheesey tape you shouldn't have any problems.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #10736
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
using tape to secure your batteries in should almost be 99% effective. Unless you're using some real cheesey tape you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #10737
Woz
Tech Apprentice

i know im going to get my head blown off for this, but i use the xray tape. works a treat.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #10738
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The IRS tape is the only way to go. I double it up and use one piece for an entire day.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...2&showbig=6809

If you read that description and then look around, you can find the original source of the tape (Scotch) for a lot cheaper around the internets.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #10739
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
i know im going to get my head blown off for this, but i use the xray tape. works a treat.
not blown off but maybe slapped around a little....
Old 02-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #10740
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
not blown off but maybe slapped around a little....