R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #10546
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
So will reducing the inboard front toe out make the steering less agressive even if the actual front toe is readjusted to say 0 degrees with both cases.
Yes. It's very common to see 0 and 1.5 blocks used when running rubber on carpet to calm the front steering a bit.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #10547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Ok, so what if I dont want in-board toe-out? I ordered a 0 degree pivot block for the front, that will make it like most touring cars right?

if i wanted outboard toe out, I would need to make adjustments to the steering turnbuckles, im quite certain.

Also...has anybody assembled the layshaft in a cyclone....holy f--- what a $hitty design.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #10548
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
On another note, Has anyone tryed the 3 racing pivot blocks or alum diff?

do they fit ok?
Yes fit !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #10549
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
Ok, so what if I dont want in-board toe-out? I ordered a 0 degree pivot block for the front, that will make it like most touring cars right?

if i wanted outboard toe out, I would need to make adjustments to the steering turnbuckles, im quite certain.

Also...has anybody assembled the layshaft in a cyclone....holy f--- what a $hitty design.
0 degree blocks will give you no arm sweep(toe) in the front.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #10550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Whats wrong with it? Just make sure you put it in the right way. Spur goes on the left side of the holder when its mounted. It may not line up with the hole underneath it in the chassis.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #10551
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
well it will give you inboard toe out , makes the car have more agressive steering.

look at the attachment
It also makes the wheelbase slightly shorter

Is that from the pro 4 manual
That guide is the best, i dont know why they dont add it to the current manuals.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #10552
Tech Elite

i just dont like hwo unclear the insutrctions are during the layshaft assembly. I mean after your done building it you have gaps in between the pulley's and the spur gear on both pulley's. its like you need to align everything up, its wicked stupid, if you built any other TC you would see why.

Most newer TC's have pins and everything is pre-setup with tolerances already set. With the cyclone your basically setting the tolerance by pushing the pulley against the bearing into the bulkhead, you dont know if its binding or if its too loose.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #10553
Tech Adept

Where is a good place to buy parts. My HobbyTown does not carry HB parts, and the website doesn't seem to offer them either. I want to sell my Losi Type-R and buy a Moore Speed Cyclone, but I want to research the parts first. I would like to have the car ready for the Roar carpet Nat's in March....
Drifter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #10554
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

Quote:
i just dont like hwo unclear the insutrctions are during the layshaft assembly. I mean after your done building it you have gaps in between the pulley's and the spur gear on both pulley's. its like you need to align everything up, its wicked stupid, if you built any other TC you would see why.

Most newer TC's have pins and everything is pre-setup with tolerances already set. With the cyclone your basically setting the tolerance by pushing the pulley against the bearing into the bulkhead, you dont know if its binding or if its too loose.
If you have built any other TC, you should know if/when the the drive line is binding or not! Its is very simple to adjust the position of the pulleys. No need for pins that mushroom and get stuck in the shaft. No need for shimming washers, that will get lost.

Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #10555
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
If you have built any other TC, you should know if/when the the drive line is binding or not! Its is very simple to adjust the position of the pulleys. No need for pins that mushroom and get stuck in the shaft. No need for shimming washers, that will get lost.

Snowy.
well with my xray car everything was set very well, it uses pins to set the pulley's and its impossible to mess up. I could see a nubcake racer screw this thing up with the unclear instructions and then there sno finished pictures of it, it easy to get the shaft to have play in it, but its also easy to tighten it up. I dunno I just think it could have been thought out a little better.

I mean why drill holes into the shaft if there not going to be used?

Also I am happy to see a stockfull of parts from stormerhobbies and towerhobbies, also eBay for the cyclone!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #10556
Tech Elite

my kit was missing 1 rebound foam for the shock. I decided to skip the foams in the rear shocks, what will this do?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #10557
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter73 View Post
Where is a good place to buy parts. My HobbyTown does not carry HB parts, and the website doesn't seem to offer them either. I want to sell my Losi Type-R and buy a Moore Speed Cyclone, but I want to research the parts first. I would like to have the car ready for the Roar carpet Nat's in March....
Your LHS has quite a bit of the parts but they are HPI... shocks, arms, c hubs, knuckles, diff screws, servo saver. They also have a top plate, shock end balls, blades, pivot balls, belts, FR pivot blocks, ver 2 bones, and I just bought a spool from them. TowerHobbies has a good selection of parts which means they can get them at HT. Just tell them what you want and they can get it. Otherwise if out of stock you can look at the HK shops, RC Champ, Speedtech, tower... they all have Cyclone parts.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #10558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
my kit was missing 1 rebound foam for the shock. I decided to skip the foams in the rear shocks, what will this do?
It should provide more rear grip... less rebound = more grip, less reactive.
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #10559
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
Your LHS has quite a bit of the parts but they are HPI... shocks, arms, c hubs, knuckles, diff screws, servo saver. They also have a top plate, shock end balls, blades, pivot balls, belts, FR pivot blocks, ver 2 bones, and I just bought a spool from them. TowerHobbies has a good selection of parts which means they can get them at HT. Just tell them what you want and they can get it. Otherwise if out of stock you can look at the HK shops, RC Champ, Speedtech, tower... they all have Cyclone parts.
Thanks Paul, so what I'm hearing is that a lot of the old HPI Pro-4 parts will work on the new Cyclones! Is this true?
Drifter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #10560
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter73 View Post
Thanks Paul, so what I'm hearing is that a lot of the old HPI Pro-4 parts will work on the new Cyclones! Is this true?
Yes ... most of the suspension parts are the same as the Pro 4.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote