R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #10021
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Its not unusual for the steering turnbuckles to glance the FR block. On hara's original notes he was sanding them back.
Also note that they will hit if the wheels arent on the ground (which would'nt be the normal thing for wheels to do while the car is in motion!).

With arms rubbing the bulkheads im not exactly sure how that is possible, you will need to be more specific. About the point at which they are rubbing. But note if you are still running the plastic FR RF blocks then they are already raised, and if you are running the aluminium ones you will need to raise them 1mm to match the pivot blocks.
As far as the turnbuckles go I have seen the FR blocks ground down I'll just have to do a little more on mine.

Now as far as the arms rubbing the bulkheads... lets see if I can explain. If you look at the front bulkhead it sorta forms a "Y" shape from the side. The bottom parts attachs to the chassis and the top of the "Y" holds the diff. The inside of the arms (where attached to the hinge pins) sits on each side of the portion of the "Y" that attaches to the chassis. However when you raise the blocks my arms hit the top part of the "Y". It doesn't do this on the back because the 3 degrees on the back spreads the arms out enough that they don't hit the bulkhead. Its the 0 degrees on the front that seems to be causing this problem. As far as blocks I'm using a 3Racing alum FR and the plastic 0 degree on the front.
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:13 AM   #10022
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarmchl View Post
I run my 13.5 BL Novak around 4.5-5.0 FDR - and it is crazy the gears I hjave to run to get there. The 18T pulleys will bring those gears into a more reasonable range.
Sorry for my confusion, in my case use also FDR near your, but i don't think it's useful. Maybe Cyclone diff pulley is so much bigger then you want use 18T. My TRF415's just 36T/16T pulley instead of older Cyclones 39T/16T, isn't it?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #10023
Tech Elite

It helps if the grammar in your messages is understandable mac853
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #10024
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
It helps if the grammar in your messages is understandable mac853
Pardon, aussie guy, i am tired after duty then i lost creativity.
I am just asking will not overheat ESC if you have FDR lower, 18t pulley will only decrease int. ratio, then put 16T will not be easier to gain more torque for smoothness BL to have more acceleration?
Honestly, i am not your world, i am honoured stock racer, i don't understand nothing about Mod races.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 AM   #10025
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to slammin

Anybody know were I can get the 18t pulleys and the longer belts? I have looked all over the place I have only found one place that has them and their out of stock.
Agama A215e
slammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 AM   #10026
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin View Post
Anybody know were I can get the 18t pulleys and the longer belts? I have looked all over the place I have only found one place that has them and their out of stock.
HB next week have shippment back in stock !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #10027
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to slammin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Sweet I will check next week then.
Agama A215e
slammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #10028
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
do you have the brushless motor mount part number?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #10029
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a quick qoestion guys.
Does the standard Hot Bodies Cyclone (not the Andy Moore Ed) come with Uni's on the front and rear? And if so, what are they like?
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #10030
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
I am just asking will not overheat ESC if you have FDR lower, 18t pulley will only decrease int. ratio, then put 16T will not be easier to gain more torque for smoothness BL to have more acceleration?
Honestly, i am not your world, i am honoured stock racer, i don't understand nothing about Mod races.
Im just a chump driver who trys to drive mod occassionally for fun and spends too much time online.

Im still not sure what you are asking but regardless of the internal ratio you should still run the same Final Drive Ratio/Rollout.

If you read back i think the comments about the 18t pulley is that the drive becomes more efficient (i assume as the belt doesnt have to turn so tight across the pulley) however if you do no ugprade the belts then they get stretched, which is not good for the longevity of the belt) but to me i reckon if they are tight that will only create friction in anycase and slow you down.

As the new 18T pulleys and belts are more efficient it may mean that you might be able to gear up slightly.

As always with gearing a motor, you should monitor the temperature of your motor, and take into account that speed is governed by many things including type of motor, track size, car setup, driving style.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #10031
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have for emmediate sale!
(2) 66492 18T HB Fixed center Pulleys
(2) 66493 170T front belt
(1) 66494 63T rear belt

SOLD!

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA

Last edited by rc-zombies; 11-09-2007 at 11:43 AM.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 AM   #10032
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
I am astounded and absolutely in awe of your chinglish. I too am an aussie guy, however my ancestors have bestowed upon me an excellent understanding of the aforementioned subject matter.

So I say to you:

I am shameful not many time racer. My hassle is in entirely car concerns. MOD shows excellence in Cyclone brushless combination. 18t turnwise produce torque excessively make roast tire. Best use Large turnwise efficient increase. Low turnwise pulley shows great accomplishment.

All jokes aside, I'd agree with MNG man. Use the same final ratio. The larger pulley does increase the internal ratio and you can therefore "tame" the BL's torquey delivery. But you would then most likely overheat the ESC/motor. Use the lrager pulley for a more efficient dirvetrain, but run the same FDR.

MNG - I'm with you.
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #10033
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey guys

Im in a spot of bother. I just bought the new 170t belt for my car, installed it and its way too loose I have tried every bearing position possible and dropped the tensioner right down and its making no difference (the rear bearing holder pozzie doesnt affect the front belt tightness does it?). The existing belt was too tight even by changing the bearing holder pozzies around the belt wouldnt budge either. Im interested in these larger pulleys but dont wont to affect the FDR so what do I need to do to fix the problem? Currently running front spool V3.

Cheers
Adrian

Last edited by vazzo; 11-09-2007 at 12:09 PM.
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 AM   #10034
Tech Addict

You shouldn't need the new belt unless you have the new pullies. The stock belt should be fine (it should loosen up a bit after running anyway).
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #10035
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Padailey,

You must have your arms more than 1mm off the chassis. On my car you would need a ridiculous amount of spacers under the arm mount to hit the bulkhead. Double check the spacers under the arms, it simply shouldn't be touching if it's set like my setup. Maybe post a pic if you can, then we could help more.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote